We beat the Concourse!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hadn't realized the discussion had gone there yet...the Spyder is really in it's own category...I wouldn't put it the touring motorcycles category....touring machines yes.

I obviously would not put you down Tyler nor your experience...I would knock people's heads that did try though.

I wave at 'em all the time. Fact is, seeing a Spyder is what re-stoked my interest in open air riding after a 25-year hiatus. The 28K price tag sort of turned me away, but the next thing I saw was the FJR... It was love at first sight. In a decade or two, when two wheels are no longer an option for me, that Spyder (or whatever might be out there at that time) will be on my list. :)

the Spyder is really in it's own category...I wouldn't put it the touring motorcycles category....touring machines yes.
But the most important question is...

Would you wave at one? :D
As much or little as any other bike/open aired vehicle. In fact, I think I waved at you out in Kali. :)
Yeah but Mark, you waved your tongue at Tyler out in Kali.

Nothing wrong with that, I waved my tongue at Ty myself!

Now why wouldn't a Spyder be considered a Sport Touring Motorcycle. It has a Motor. It is a "cycle". And can clearly be used for Sport Touring.

I mean, heck... we consider an AE as a Sport Touring motorcycle, don't we?

(ducking and running for cover :devil: )

I've been buying tires for several years at a large dealership that provides decent prices. My last few visits I've gotten unsolicited negative comments from the service techs concerning the Spyder. Computer complicated, a nightmare to disassemble, unusual amout of failures during warranty, a complicated beast! Every tech I've talked too sez..."stay away". But hey if it makes your juices flow...go for it. The FJR works for me.

Bill

Last edited by a moderator:
Umm . . . maybe you didn;t notice, but those are not the site's ratings, but rather as rated by owners.
So, is it a popularity contest? What would happen if a whole bunch of us put in reviews on the Feej.... betcha if there was enough of us, we could move it into first place!!

Umm . . . maybe you didn;t notice, but those are not the site's ratings, but rather as rated by owners.
So, is it a popularity contest? What would happen if a whole bunch of us put in reviews on the Feej.... betcha if there was enough of us, we could move it into first place!!
Forget that business Ray, I still want minutely detailed instructions on "hawt-wiring" Mary Ellen; come on Man, concentrate on the important stuff! Hubba, hubba!

Forget that business Ray, I still want minutely detailed instructions on "hawt-wiring" Mary Ellen; come on Man, concentrate on the important stuff! Hubba, hubba!
That's easy, Don. You just have to plug the fuse into the constantly hot slot of the fuze box... :rolleyes:

PS - Ray, my fuse may have been short (technically, they all are), but it turned her on and made her warm. :p

That's easy, Don. You just have to plug the fuse into the constantly hot slot of the fuze box... :rolleyes:
Wow Fred, I had to double down on my heart medications after reading that statement! Hubba, hubba!

PS - Ray, my fuse may have been short (technically, they all are), but it turned her on and made her warm. :p
Fred I defer to your expertise, after all, it's not size that really matters, it's how you use it. Good on ya!! The hawter Mary Ellen is, the better I like it!!

Fred I defer to your expertise, after all, it's not size that really matters, it's how you use it. Good on ya!! The hawter Mary Ellen is, the better I like it!!

Um...guys....I'm here. I can heeear you :blink:

Holy crap ! I'm hot - reading this stuff :blush:

:lol:

If you check the previous year, it was #1. So feel free to move it ahead.

That Gerbings stuff is amazing. It can warm you up even when you aren't wearing it? :huh: Who knew?
The "Gerbings" word never even entered my mind.... I always thought MEM was pretty hawt without it!! To quote a certain inimitable member here, "HUBBA HUBBA!!"

That Gerbings stuff is amazing. It can warm you up even when you aren't wearing it? :huh: Who knew?
The "Gerbings" word never even entered my mind.... I always thought MEM was pretty hawt without it!! To quote a certain inimitable member here, "HUBBA HUBBA!!"
Ray Old Buddy, I hate like Hell to have to correct you in public; but Mary Ellen always gets a minimum of 6 Hubba's. It should have read HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA, HUBBA AND HUBBA!