We Lost a Friend

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I met Andrew at WFO6, what a nice guy. R.I.P. brother.

Mac

I'm gonna miss Andrew & Sherri 's pictures. They were always beautiful...spectacularly so.

Is there any way they can be compiled and put into one post as a tribute?

I'm gonna miss Andrew & Sherri 's pictures. They were always beautiful...spectacularly so.
Is there any way they can be compiled and put into one post as a tribute?
Man...you are asking the admins to spend a lot of time and bandwidth. Why not go find them yourself, then create a thread that links to all of their "travelogues"?

I was recently looking for an old "Ride Report" and as I was paging through the old reports I looked at a number of Andrew's picture-logs. As you said, they are spectacular. I'm ever-so-glad I had the opportunity to meet, know and ride with he and Sherri. Memories that still make my heart warm.

I was paging through the old reports I looked at a number of Andrew's picture-logs. As you said, they are spectacular.
Yeah, and he'd tell you it was all in the camera. NOT! On one ride together, we were both taking pics of the other riding. Mine were all shit -- too far away, badly framed, pretty much unusable. He posted the pics he took of me, and folks were commenting that they were worthy of a calendar. Don't think that had much to do with the camera. Now I wish that I'd had half his skill and had some useable pics of him riding LaPorte Road the first time he saw it.

Last edited by a moderator:
For God's sake...... this is just too much to bear sometimes......
crap.gif

Does anyone know more details of what happened? Selfishly, I want to know.
Part of me wants to hear that he was riding recklessly or not wearing gear so I can tell myself it can't happen to me, but in reality I am quite sure this is not the case, which makes it even more difficult to process.
Perhaps we can let a day or so past before getting into this type of discussion, eye_doc. Some of us who have known Andrew for many years are still kindy shocky... I am one of them.

I can tell you now Andrew was the most vehement ATGATT guy, that much is clear.

Does anyone know more details of what happened? Selfishly, I want to know.
Part of me wants to hear that he was riding recklessly or not wearing gear so I can tell myself it can't happen to me, but in reality I am quite sure this is not the case, which makes it even more difficult to process.
Perhaps we can let a day or so past before getting into this type of discussion, eye_doc. Some of us who have known Andrew for many years are still kindy shocky... I am one of them.

I can tell you now Andrew was the most vehement ATGATT guy, that much is clear.

[SIZE=18pt]+110 [/SIZE]

Let the accident investigators work out the details and report them (See the "bold" quote by WC). The road it happened on is very technical and one that we all ride. It can clear your mind if you're focused and aggressive, or be dangerous if your thoughts wander or someone has kicked gravel into an apex. A "brain fart", tree branch or jackrabbit are equally dangerous.

We may never know every detail as to the cause, and its not important that we do.

RIP Andrew.

MM2

you said he missed a corner and hit a cliff.

did he impact a wall or fall over a ledge?

This just sucks.

I think one of the best gages of a person's life is in the people they have touched and how they have effected them personally. The outpouring of emotion from his friends (and even from distant acquaintances) is testament that Andrew was one of the good ones.

Although it was shortened, I think he would probably say that it was a great ride.

Man i hate to read this kinda of shit on this forum.... That sick pit now sits in my gut..

Thoughts and prays to the family

Jdog

Like everyone here, I am stunned by this. I had the opportunity to sit down and talk with Andrew a little over a week ago. It was always a pleasure to ride with him as well. Sherri, you are in our thoughts and prayers.

I am from the Sacramento area and Andrew was one of the first to send me a PM and a howdy when I joined the forum this year. He warmly introduced himself and his wife at WFO 6 and really made us feel welcome. At about the time TWN posted the news my wife and I were driving through Orangevale to a dinner party last night. My wife commented "hey, this is where Orangevale lives." It put a smile on my face and I made a mental note that I hadn't had a chance to ride with him.

I think that we are all shocked at the loss.

God be with you Andrew

Always a gentleman, never met him in person, but seemed like a great guy.

Very sad news, God bless his family.

Zoltan

Wow, this is painful to hear. I cannot imagine the reality.

I have never met Andrew, but that doesn't make this any less sad. He was a true forum friend - willing to help anyone who requested it. Through the magic of the internet, he gave me several gifts from across the country, and we had never even shaken hands.

There are no words, there are no actions, there are no changes we can make to take this away. There is only hope that time can let the family live on. Requiscat in Pace, OVFJR.

-BD

Status
Not open for further replies.