Weekends were made for good clean debauchery

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

beerme

Reaction score
RenoJohn's loaned FJR came back from the not-so-dry lakebed, and it was the center of attention for around 10 minutes or so.

DSCN3462.jpg

RenoJohn & RenoKathy decided to go investigate the playa conditions themselves, so I snapped a before pic of his nearly pristine man-Strom. I was a little disappointed that it didn't come back as muddy as the FJR for an after pic. Try to flog it a little harder next time, k?

DSCN3463.jpg

Could SkooterG actually be considering the merits of moving to the dark side? You decide.

DSCN3467.jpg

Let the carnage begin! Here we are convoying out to the playa for the afternoon festivities.

DSCN3483.jpg

DSCN3486.jpg

DSCN3488.jpg

Prepare to joust!

DSCN3517.jpg

DSCN3518.jpg

DSCN3520.jpg

The Brit's improvised body armor...

DSCN3505.jpg

...and his worthy steed -- a rented Sportster

DSCN3522.jpg

DSCN3524.jpg

Scoring & damage assessment

DSCN3528.jpg

I noticed that when man & machine have a truly intimate relationship, they adopt similar mannerisms; to wit:

DSCN3542.jpg

When the jousting tournament ended, mayhem ensued with Iggy's veedub & Ira's rented Sebring...

DSCN3550.jpg

...and the hunter became the prey

DSCN3551.jpg

DSCN3552.jpg

Back at the ranch, we learned about the finer points of healthy dieting after someone broke out the veggie crisps.

DSCN3572.jpg

Later, after a magnificent sunset & even more magnificent banquet dinner, it was back out to the playa for the bonfire.

DSCN3618.jpg

On the ride home, I wished that this weekend didn't have to end. But it did, & here I am, back to real life. But, the magic of the last 3 days will last a looooong time.

DSCN3639.jpg

I'll add some of my pics to the scene. I'm planning on sticking with the less incriminating stuff.
wink.gif

Remind anybody of Mad Max?

MW175943c.jpg

An Englishman that flew in for this event, rented a cruiser, found some rattlers leftover by a hunter, made prison armor for he and his bike, and recruited a Yank gunner.....what could possibly go wrong?

MW175964c.jpg

Yours truly from the notoroius Los Gabachos gang gets in a blood feud with Crime Inc. in a rental car. The engagement resembled a cross between a dogfight and a drive-by. Video to follow after special approval from the Gerlachfest Ministry of Information.

MW175976c.jpg

While Crime Inc's frigate Chrysler could turn slightly tighter circles they had an exposed gun port that allowed MANY paintballs to enter and inflict damage to the crew. My Frigate Jetta had a sunroof mounted top gunner (Vectervp1) and more stout body metal that resisted denting slightly better.

MW175971c.jpg

In the end old-age and treachery won out via the fact they were in a rental car. Los Gabachos though threw gang signs anyway. qkslvr (photographer and spiritual adviser), Ignacio (Getaway Driver), vectervp1 (Gat Holder), and BigChiefStinkyPants (manual paintball thrower and comic relief).

MW175982c.jpg

Proof one should spring for the extra rental insurance.

MW175987c.jpg

Another evening in paradise.

MW176017c.jpg

And the drive home through Eastern Oregon was wonderful with Fall colors.

MW186028c.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey I heard you could get some pics of a bald Kitty on this website.
One of these three FJRForum members served as the Barber for this kitty-shaving exercise:

TresDrunks.jpg

Um... here is Ms Kitty the next morning, getting her shit fixed up from where the drunk barber had borked it away:

pre-correction.jpg

correction.jpg

Finally, a shot of her at the IBA Memorial... she's a good sport, obviously:

Nancy_IBA_Memorial.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Lesson Learned:[/SIZE]

Don't go agreeing to a hair makeover after 6 shots of 1800 Silver (100-proof - great idea, that!)

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

It was just too much fun seeing everyone, and having Nancy there was just butter-cream icing on the cake.

GZ

I think the fundamental problem is that the Barber appears to have two (2) right eyes..... that's what probably messed up the haircut, I'm thinking.... :whistle:

Oh I'd say there was allot wrong fundamentally!

Nothing good happens after 5 shooters.

NinjaBoy

Ok, here's a few more contributions. Sorry, I didn't have my camera ready to capture a very rare image of a well-known forum member as he zipped away on somebody's come-ticket-me Candy Persimmon Red Ninja ZX-14!

The Evil Eye gives us the 1-finger salute (nice Beemer shirt...)

P1010784.jpg

Reno John's Dual-Sport FJR (that'll teach you to loan out your bike to somebody from Chi-town)

P1010728.jpg

Leftover transportation from Burning Man (I think it's Harley's new Fur-Glide)

P1010729.jpg

Getting ready for Playa Fun

P1010743.jpg

NinjaBoy, Warchild, CHickey and Jeff before they found out the keys were locked INSIDE the Jeep (Hello, AAA, I think I may need some help here)

P1010751.jpg

Rental Sportster bubble-wrapped and ready to do battle with the real bikes

P1010753.jpg

Our Range-Master

P1010754.jpg

OCfjr takes one for the home-team

P1010757.jpg

DougC checks out Darksider #1 for additional body hits

P1010759.jpg

IronMaiden and ScooterG check out Iggy's Veedub after the drive-by attack

P1010760.jpg

P1010763.jpg

At least they got some shots off at the other guys

P1010762.jpg

P1010764.jpg

Nevada sunset

P1010774.jpg

Sunset over Bruno's Motel

P1010776.jpg

Mark C and Eric J waiting for some sort of roadblock so they can head home

P1010787.jpg

Rush hour in Gerlach (guess they heard Hickey was on his way next. Baaaa means NO!)

P1010788.jpg

Dale + Tequilla = Bad

That is all.

:lol: :lol: I had so much fun, I don't even care about the haircut! I have a whole bunch of new nicknames already though...

Dale + Tequilla = Bad
If that little life lesson only cost you a plane ticket ride and razor burn....you are far ahead of some others in life my foliicly assaulted friend.

Mine is to never engage in paintball activities with a gray-haired nuclear engineer driving a rental.

Dale + Tequilla = Bad
If that little life lesson only cost you a plane ticket ride and razor burn....you are far ahead of some others in life my foliicly assaulted friend.

Mine is to never engage in paintball activities with a gray-haired nuclear engineer driving a rental.
LOL! I'll tell you what, your nemesis was one of the best traveling companions I've ever had! We had a BLAST with the lady in the $10 store at the Reno airport. Not only did she have a $10 scarf to sell me, she taught me how to wear it properly. The jokes were fast and furious in there.

I think the most surprising thing I learned in Gerlach is that Beeroux has far more manners than I do. :lol: Was so awesome to see everyone and to meet the ones I hadn't met before. OMG! What fun!

LOL! I'll tell you what, your nemesis was one of the best traveling companions I've ever had! We had a BLAST with the lady in the $10 store at the Reno airport. Not only did she have a $10 scarf to sell me, she taught me how to wear it properly. The jokes were fast and furious in there.
Ok, I have to ask... do you know how the car return went?

Ok, I have to ask... do you know how the car return went?
This should be interesting. Hmmm..... "Horizontal hail?"

Kaitsdad:

I had at the ready an entire: "Weather Scheme" for the renter of the white car. It involved a freak hail-storm that involved ONLY horizontally driven wind debris, and no surface-planar disruption in the auto-bodies from the heavens above.

I conveniently left out any chemical analysis of the "disruption" to the car's topological surfacing.

Paint, PH-unbalanced "mustard", Kamikaze Monarch Butterflies.<G>

Suffice to say: our driver-friend in white had an auto-policy commensurate to the uncertainties that one could certainly find out on the Wild Wild Playa.

GZ

No issue at all. No one would ever think that nice gentleman and his poor, sick daughter caused any damage to a rental, would they?

No issue at all. No one would ever think that nice gentleman and his poor, sick daughter caused any damage to a rental, would they?

LOL! Oh thats just wrong! :lol:

I'm gald to hear he didn't need 50 or so eye witnesses of the freak hail storm on the playa.