West Coast Washington riders

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GypsyGiuseppe

Reaction score
Is there anybody in the western area of WA state that has an after market seat for their Gen 2 FJR that would be willing to loan it to me? I would only need it for a couple of days. I need to find out if there is an alternative to the stock seat before I lay out all that money. I know a lot of the owners here swear by the products they buy, but I'd like to feel them for myself. If I can't find an alternative to the stocker that works for me, I may have to move to another bike. I love this bike, but I can't stay in the saddle long enough (without misery) to make it worth it.

Thanks

Have you thought about doing the ride-in appointment at Rich's Saddles on Aurora in Seattle? Check it out here: https://fjr1300.info/mods/richs.html. I understand he'll keep trying until he gets it right. I don't have one of his saddles yet but plan on going in next time I am in Seattle.

Have you thought about doing the ride-in appointment at Rich's Saddles on Aurora in Seattle? Check it out here: https://fjr1300.info/mods/richs.html. I understand he'll keep trying until he gets it right. I don't have one of his saddles yet but plan on going in next time I am in Seattle.
I have. That's probably where I'll end up going...However, I would like to see that there is some hope. Hence the need for borrowing someone elses seat for 500 miles or so. I could easily do that in a day if I had access to the seat.

All I can say is that I haven't seen anyone who has said that they could not get a good result out of a custom seat maker given enough trips back to the shop. The problem I have with yoru approach is that you are proposing to ride on a saddle that was fitted specifically for someone else's ass. I don't see how it is a fair test for custom saddles to sit on a saddle that is built for someone else. If you really like the bike (and it sounds like you do) you should just get rRch to make a commitment that he'll put you in a comfortable saddle, and then go for it.

All I can say is that I haven't seen anyone who has said that they could not get a good result out of a custom seat maker given enough trips back to the shop. The problem I have with yoru approach is that you are proposing to ride on a saddle that was fitted specifically for someone else's ass. I don't see how it is a fair test for custom saddles to sit on a saddle that is built for someone else. If you really like the bike (and it sounds like you do) you should just get rRch to make a commitment that he'll put you in a comfortable saddle, and then go for it.
It doesn't have to be a custom seat made for someone elses ass. Any aftermarket seat that may give me a glimmer of hope that I may get some seating satisfaction out of this bike. Not to mention, I didn't ask for your's specifically, so why are you bustin my balls. If you don't want to loan out a seat, step off and let someone else who may be more simpithetic to the cause do his/her good deed for the day.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree with paulie, a true seat designer can work magic just looking at you.

Read my report about Bill Mayer.

Just a few minutes of me sitting on the bike, armed with a sharpie marker and they just about nailed it the first time.

You're welcome to sit on my seat if you think it would help.

If I had a GEN II FJR I would loan you my seat (but it won't fit a 2006-2008).

I just don't think sitting or riding on someone's custom seat would sway your opinion on if it is for you or not.

Consider yourself fortunate you are on the left coast, we have so many custom seat magicians.

Does the east coast have any?

All you have to do now is pick one and commit.

Good Luck!

If you want to make a trip down to Vancouver (WA) you can take my Russell for a ride. Contact me after NAFO.

And if you're in the market for an aftermarket windshield I have both a V-Stream and a Cee Bailey that I'm going to be getting rid of. You could test ride both of them, too.

It doesn't have to be a custom seat made for someone elses ass. Any aftermarket seat that may give me a glimmer of hope that I may get some seating satisfaction out of this bike. Not to mention, I didn't ask for your's specifically, so why are you bustin my balls. If you don't want to loan out a seat, step off and let someone else who may be more simpithetic to the cause do his/her good deed for the day.
Cheese and wine

Cheese and wine
:cray: