Western Wisconsin Cty Road EE

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SwollenRaccoon

Reaction score
DSC01374.jpg

It's south of Superior, and northwest of Madison. How's that for vague? I had a friend (really good rider, just hosed up) coming down this road in the wet on his 1990 Hawk GT around 1991 or so. There was no guard rail at the time, and he flew over the handlebars as the bike went airborn into the woods below. Amazingly, all he had was a few bruises. Saved by a Shoei helmet, Dainese leathers, and AGV armored boots. With help from a farm kid on a 4-wheeler and 100 feet of rope, they got the bike back up to the road and he rode it home.

I really hate divulging these roads for fear of squids drawing more LEO attention than I like, but there aren't any squids that ride FJRs, are there? It's in Buffalo County, east of Alma. At the east end of EE, do yourself a favor and take County U south to Waumandee, and have lunch at the Waumandee House. It's on the east side of the road, right next to the church. The pickled eggs and pickled turkey gizzards in the jars behind the bar are good, but if you're really hungry, get yourself a Schmidtknecht burger. If they have skillet dinners on special, you won't need supper that night. Biker-friendly place, too.....the owner (Dan, I think) rides. Enjoy your ride!

That is a fun road. Goes through some rolling hills - gorgeous in the fall when the leaves are changing. I've got that on my SW Wisc. route. Lots of great backroads around there - probably the best in the state.

That is a fun road. Goes through some rolling hills - gorgeous in the fall when the leaves are changing. I've got that on my SW Wisc. route. Lots of great backroads around there - probably the best in the state.

I think so too. Other good places for lunch stops are The Golden Frog and The Wing Dam in Fountain City, and CJ's Cafe in Blair. CJ"s has a really good all-you-can-eat lunch on Fridays, including a couple different kinds of fish, broiled and fried, fried chicken, salad bar, taters, soup, fries, all that kind of stuff. And cheap, too. And almost every road around that area is good.

You forgot to blur out your plate...surely some horrible fate awaits you! J/K, but I've noticed a lot of peeps do blur them for some reason.

There used to be an interesting place to eat in Urne (maybe not, anymore?).

Going east, "Q" into Whitehall has been one of my 'favs' -- great overlooks from 'sweepers'.

Once you do all the 'alphabet roads' (highly improbable...) -- you can start on the 'name' roads like: (out of Whitehall) Kurth Valley, Coddie Klink, and Square Bluff...

Riding & eating -- SW WI is hard to beat. :)

There's no place to eat in Urne anymore. And yes, Q is one of my alltime favorites. I was on it 2 weeks ago, and I'm going Friday again. Going to also hit DD, 108, P, and Wildcat Mountain, while I'm at it. Yes, I'm old. I've been riding those alphabet roads for over 20 years, and have found many of those township roads, too. Shelley Ridge Road is another good one, just off S north of Blair. Mike Varenick Road, Schoepp Valley Road, Blank Hill Road, Canada Ridge Road, love 'em all. You just need to be careful, since they don't mark corners on most of those. Surprises await, as you know. Ssshhhh, don't tell anyone about our little secret....... :lol: