WFO-6 Check-in, please....

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Warchild

Benevolent Dictator
Reaction score
Left the Marriott pretty early, a little after 2AM local Sunday morning, . Arrived home 660 miles later just past the lunch hour.

Holy crap, that was a kick-ass weekend.... B)

Last edited by a moderator:
I got home this morning, just in time for Sunday brunch at Dos Amigos. I wish I could have maintained today's pace on the Saddle Sore... might have been able to have dinner with George!

You got that right. Thanks again for everything.

(Edit: Ta Daaa!!! I'm a FJR PILOT!!!)

1/3 of the way home. Stalking FJR Richie in Helena, Montana. Shhh...don't tell him. Taking a run up to Glacier tomorrow to take a peek at that, working over to Spokane by evening to visit and stay with Mom and Dad FJR Pig, then back to Portland on Tuesday via an overdue visit to Desert Valley Powersports in Prosser.

Have lots of pix that I'll put up once I'm home along with an eventful ride report (at least it has been so far). Forgot the darn cable to upload pix on the road...

I got home... Aching head and all. My looooong 35 mile venture to my house in SLC was painful, and then I went b ack to bed........... What a great weekend. I have some new life long friends

I left the Marriot ay 4:00 AM local and arrived back in San Ramon 11.5 hours later. The odometer says 785 miles. It was an eventless slab ride on 80 except for the last 50 miles where the Sunday aftenoon return from the mountains by millions of bay areans slowed things down a bunch. Lane splitting in 100 degree temps after 700 miles of riding is not a pleasant way to finish a ride.

That really was a great weekend. Thanks to all that put this together. Utah really needs more riding time then was available. In the words of our illustrious governator... "I'll be back" :D

Thanks again

Wayne

Departed from the Merriot at 6:00am local time and made it straight home to Stillwater,OK...1175m in 17hrs. :yahoo:

Big Cheif S.P. and I followed Iggy & Slap all the way to Ontario before we got split up. We stopped for breakfast in Burley, ID, where Iggy, always the politician and social butterfly flirted his way around the restaurant and made new friends with some Iron Butt fans.

Tobie and I rolled in to Tieton about 4:30 pm. Great weekend, good friends!

See ya'll next time.

Park City to Portland, OR- 14hrs. Maybe an hour wait in Ogden for construction, they funneled the Northbound side (I-84) off an exit to a traffic light, that was fucked up, no flaggers to help the flow.

Thanks for all the fun, looking forward to next year.

Bill

Made it back. Straight through from Park City to Hermosa Beach. It was 113 degress in dessert and some bad traffic. The absolute hottest I've ever experienced. Fairlaner had a bad tire and we were all worried it would let go somewhere along the way. Fortunately, no problem.

I left Friday night 1.5 hours or so after the dinner, wife's father had a medical issue. I drove through the night and arrived in Reno, NV at 6:30am. Long ride in the middle of the night. I managed to see the moon rise, the moon set, and the sun rise in my mirrors. I only hit one rabbit and had a close call with a coyote.

Fairlaner, John_Gumke, OCED, and Glen all home safe and sound.

left at 5.45 local arrived home at about 7.20pm 753 miles and probably the hottest i have ever been.

Roll on next year.

and bye the way those lubed rubbers taste like shit. :wacko:

Richard

Turbo and I headed out at 6:45 AM Sunday, arrived home safe and sound 6:30 PM. 681 easy slab miles. Lots of stops.

Turbo enjoys the heat. 112 in Baker - accident just west of Prim had traffic backed up 12 miles (measured) - so we got to lane SHARE through the mess. High beams, FF50's, and MANHORNS really help wake up them cagers!

Absolutely great trip, good to see everyone!!

Next year - "Denver, The Adventure Continues......"

(and maybe I'll know how to follow the effing map instead of Australian Karen.....)

and bye the way those lubed rubbers taste like shit. :wacko:
Yes they did, but, truth be told, the non-lubed ones weren't "tasty" either!!!

I'm back. Took a leisurely ride home!

Thanks for a great weekend!! I'll post pictures soon. I have to meet with the bastard contractor that caused me to come home early instead of exploring Colorado.

Left the Marriott pretty early, a little after 2AM local Sunday morning, . Arrived home 660 miles later just past the lunch hour.
Left at 3:10AM (local time) myself and 800 plus change miles later pulled into the garage at 12:50PDT. A little over 10.5 hours with one stop for gas in Nampa, ID and one for cheese danish and chocolate milk in Vale, OR. Missed the heat and the traffic and experienced no construction delays.

Can't wait for NAFO!!

dougc