What did you do to your FJR today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abercrombie FJR posed: Pushed it out of the way to get to the Tenere. Time to get it prepared for a mid winter Southern adventure.
Sounds like an adventure, bud! But you'd better hurry: midwinter in this part of the South is probably next weekend.

Last edited by a moderator:
Rode it! Put new leg lowering blocks on it yesterday and a couple spacers under the bottom of the v-stream screen.

Much better wind management.

Time for a new helmet though I think.....

Converted it from this:

(Click on image for larger view)

to this:

Must have got several pounds of dirt off it. Couldn't clean it properly because it started snowing, had to put it away after simply hosing it off.

I didn't deliberately blank the number-plate, it's simply now capable of reflecting the sky.

Day 329 sir! Rode Saturday morning was a quick 14 miles or so before meeting a coworker to go to a bike show in Timonium, MD. Took his truck as rain was forecast starting around 11 am and to last almost 24 hours. Today rain let up around noon so I went out shortly after 1 with temps around 40 but roads still wet in most areas. Forecast for this week is in the high 40's but may hit 60 on Thursday. Hoping to wash the bike Thursday after woork.

Pulled one of two sets of auxiliary lights of the FJR to put on Spousal Unit's new R1200GS. Bled the brakes, changed the oil/filter, cleaned the air filter on the FJR.

put 150 miles on it yesterday
punk.gif

Saturday: Rode a BMR quickie to Auburn and back (230 miles?) before our noon departure to visit Mom. Gorgeous weather! Snapped a photo of Bo Jackson with no helmet.

26490067258_1ed136cb65_z.jpg

..... and I don't think this thread will ever disappear. Check the settings on your "View New Content" screen -- left side menu.

Streak is still intact. I'm up to 338 consecutive days as of this morning. Weekend was interesting requiring a morning ride on Saturday then we had a nasty wet snow squall come through Saturday night but by Sunday afternoon temps were in the upper 40's and roads were cleared allowing me to continue. Forecast today calls for low 70's by the time I leave work. Going to go out after work and start my IBA Pressed Penny Insanity Challenge.Have a few locations near Lancaster, PA planned for this afternoon and early evening.

Thanks for asking!

Trying not to get too cocky about it. March 13th was my downfall last year. Long range forecast looks reasonable though. Was just outside and it is absolutely gorgeous out right now.74 degrees and bright sunshine. Going penny collecting tonight!

So much for my plan last night of penny collecting.

https://forum.ironbutt.org/index.php?threads/pressed-penny-insanity.131/

Just in case any of you might be interested. I'm doing this in addition to Tour of Honor and had hoped to get started last night after work. Finding the locations is easy enough, there are websites dedicated to this hobby. Left the house around 4 figuring I'd have a few hours of daylight and warm weather and headed towards Lancaster, PA about an hour east of my home. First stop was outside of York near Wrightsville, PA at an ice cream shop/mini golf location. Who would have thought they'd be closed on a Tuesday in February in PA! Oops. Next stop was to try and make the Train Museum in Strasburg, PA. Of course with traffic I get there at 5:06 against a closing time of 5;00. 0 for 2 so far. Moving on to the Red Caboose Inn and Gift Shop only 1/2 mile from the museum. Until the end of March they're only open Friday-Sunday! Would have been nice if that were noted on their website! It showed open until 9:00. One last attempt I move on to Kitchen Kettle Village in Intercourse, PA. Arrive to find a pretty empty parking lot. Walk into the "village", a series of shops and cafes to find the place I need is closed for renovations for the next 2 weeks! Stop on the way home for a cheese-steak at Smith's Hotel in Columbia, PA. Rolled back into my driveway at 7:30 with an additional 130 miles on the odo to round out day 338. Rode it into work this morning for day 339 and plan on trying to get some pennies tonight after work as the forecast is for another 70+ degree day. Wish me luck!

Day 339 turned out to be absolutely incredible when I left work. Almost 80 degrees in February meant I could go penny hunting.

Troeg%27s%20Brewery-L.jpg

Bass%20Pro%20Harrisburg-L.jpg

National%20Civil%20War%20Museum-L.jpg

3 down, 97 to go.

Today, under 40 degrees and raining but I rode to work anyway. No penny hunting for the next few days. Day 340 complete.

Day 339 turned out to be absolutely incredible when I left work. Almost 80 degrees in February meant I could go penny hunting.
Troeg%27s%20Brewery-L.jpg

Bass%20Pro%20Harrisburg-L.jpg

National%20Civil%20War%20Museum-L.jpg

3 down, 97 to go.

Today, under 40 degrees and raining but I rode to work anyway. No penny hunting for the next few days. Day 340 complete.
Troeg's is a damn good brewery. I followed them since they first opened. No wet air beer there!
ohno-smiley.gif

Art, It looked like a really nice facility. I think the Hershey location is fairly new and must admit I'm not much of a beer enthusiast. They had a nice dining area with an outside source handling their food offerings, a brewery tour, and a nice gift shop. I didn't have a whole lot of time as the skies were looking increasingly dark and like rain was coming soon and I still had two more planned stops. I will be going back to eat there as it's only about 20-25 minutes from my house.Of course heading the opposite direction I have Old Republic Distillery which is more to my taste. Wonder if they have a penny machine?

Rode into work this morning for day 341 in my attempt at a "perfect year".