What Else Can I Do To My FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bummer!!!!! Glad you're ok!!! You've said enough and I hope we all can learn from others mistakes.

Take care and call University Motors, they are expecting you.

Last edited by a moderator:
TWN, glad you came out of this OK...that's the main thing. And, thanx for sharing your experience w/ us.

I'm so impressed that you grabbed another bike and finished the ride. I dropped my YZF-600 (pre-FJR) while backing it into a parking slot...felt so DUMB that I didn't want to continue on after that.

Hope Dr. Daniels takes good care of you for a few days.

Most importantly, you're walking and talking! I guess now you can write in to the AMA mag's 'crash course' section, right? Seriously, glad you're OK and thanks for relating the scenario....looks like Skoot still has you beat though...maybe he has some leftover Vicodin... :dribble: now we've all had just about enough of this! SO, I propose:

DAYS WITHOUT AN ACCIDENT: _____ (Nah!)

Heal up...soon

Sorry, man. Very glad to know you are ok.

Once you are feeling back to normal & start thinking about the new paint scheme, maybe consider putting a one digit salute on each side?

TWN

There are a few riders on this forum that by reading their post one starts to get a feel for how they ride, how much experience they really have and how they use their common sense. Some of the riders I have put a notch above the others (sort of on a pedestal you might say). You are one of those riders.

To here that you have made a mistake and lost, really gets one to start thinking about all the near misses and how so easily those near misses could have been a disaster instead. This is a real wake up call for me and probably the rest of us on the forum. Thanks for sharing this with us and I am glad to hear that it was your bike that took the worst blows instead of you.

Maaaannn !! --------- Tim, that sucks big ones. Glad you walked away from it.

I repeat something that Warchild said to me after our low-side at WFO-Moscow ---------- "Don't do that" -- whatever "that" was :huh: ... Heal good Bro, let the insurance fix the FJR.

Debs sends hugs and kisses for you. :)

Was this the ride to help Joe with his mind set? Hope it didn't set him back too much if so. "Events" happen to the best of us.

Owww! Seeing Galaxy Blue maimed that way hurts. Glad you're OK!

On the positive side......Skooter's Flipper now has a girlfriend.......we shall call her Lorelei.

dolphins.gif

Did you not see my warning?

And we know this how? Not by the board home page I'm reading...
There are informants among us. :alien:

I actually pay this informant fairly well, He is a little green man who got this information the last time he was "probing" MSC. He actually mind controlled Scab to stab himself. I (he) could tell you how a truck in West Virgini "popped" out of gear. TWN is next :rolleyes:
Glad you're OK. And the damage is only cosmetic (to match the owner :rolleyes: )

That is one sick way of trying to rationalize putting miles on the weejer.

Insurance ?
Ah-HAH! Now I know were to send the repair bill! You put the bad juju on me! :bleh:

The more of these I see, the slower I go. At this rate, I'll be jockeying for position with speedwalkers by summers end. Glad you're ok, you &*$#+@ %#&^! On another note, when are folks gonna realize these aren't R1's? Who's gonna be the next dead one?

You, know, I'd agree with you radman except I was going along a codger-in-a-Buick speed. Really. :yes:

Lessee if I can answer some of your questions...

It's a non ABS and no, repeating the same situation on an ABS would still have me sucking Ojai dust. ABS won't help stupidity.

Yes, I had the front brake covered and that is the brake I mostly used to slow before/at turn in. Once I figger'd out I was in trouble it was all over for me at that point. I still used the front and rear brakes, but once I hit gravel I let off the front and tried to modulate the rear. When it was clear that the big berm at the end of the run-off was fast approaching, I started to apply front brakes slowly, but the front washed out and down I went. ABS may have sent me a bit closer to the berm, dunno.

As to the cause of lost focus... I have no freakin' idea. One minute I'm carving a gentle and familiar series of esses and the next I find myself in trouble. I do remember looking through the corner (as much as you can in that section) and then I was standing up and not leaned over. No nekkid wimminz on the side of the road or nuttin'.

And yeah, I use way, way too much rear brake and I've been truly trying to brake (ha-ha, get it?) that habit, so I've been focusing on that.

Today's update on my owwies... I'm pretty sure a cracked a rib or two and something is amiss in my right shoulder. I think it's mostly bruising, but I'll be off to get some X-rays shortly. Dr. Daniels tried, but his prescription didn't work too well. Ouch.

Iggy, that's too friggin' funny. But, please try not to make me laugh for a while, k? It hurts too damn much.

Today's update on my owwies... I'm pretty sure a cracked a rib or two and something is amiss in my right shoulder. I think it's mostly bruising, but I'll be off to get some X-rays shortly. Dr. Daniels tried, but his prescription didn't work too well. Ouch.

Iggy, that's too friggin' funny. But, please try not to make me laugh for a while, k? It hurts too damn much.
Cracked rib possibly? Yuck. I cracked one myself several summers ago trying to recreate my youth on a wakeboard...and failed miserably. Bugged me for like a month and a half and I learned it's not a cliche to "roll out of bed".

....flying there-under, under the sea!....

You, know, I'd agree with you radman except I was going along a codger-in-a-Buick speed. Really. :yes:
Well, sometimes, no matter how or why, old people just fall over. Ain't much one can do about it, other than euthanasia, but thats illegal. For now. I'm just glad it ain't Patty doin' a "Mrs Tdub" message. That would probably be enough to put me back on 4 wheels for the rest of my term. :(

PS: I cracked 2 ribs racin', was back at the track the following weekend. Quit whinin and grow a pair. Christ, I'm startin to sound like

gunny.jpg

PS: I cracked 2 ribs racin', was back at the track the following weekend. Quit whinin and grow a pair. Christ, I'm startin to sound like
It took you a whole week to get riding again? Shit, you pussy, I was back riding in 30 minutes and polished off another hunnert and fiddy miles!

Oh, yeah... Ouch. :fuck:

It took you a whole week to get riding again? Shit, you pussy, I was back riding in 30 minutes and polished off another hunnert and fiddy miles!

Oh, yeah... Ouch. :fuck:
Driving, not riding. Did a 125 mph endo in a Chevelle circle track car. They don't steer so good missing a center link and a left wheel/knuckle assembly.

Doh !

I am sure you have thought of the bright side - You walked away and will ride again.

The motorcycle gods do have a wicked sense of humor. In my getoff, I remember thinking "Hey! I'm going to save it" just before the rear tire gained traction and I proceeded to high-side.

Glad to hear everything else is healing.

I sopse you'll get one of them fancy fucking excessive speeding or lost control tickets eh? Just goes to prove they may be many and varied but unknown reasons why one falls off! Old age? nah surely not.....Lay on a pillow on your sore side nut, much more comfy