What Else Can I Do To My FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Here I was passing up the thread 'cause I thought it was about Vespa or something !! Damn Tim, glad you walked away to tell the story......you know it must be the Storms,,, Ashe says they're no good in the corners ! :D

Today I was thinking about the feelings we go through when we crash our "skoots".
You know what? I'm really not that upset about the whole deal, just pissed that I've been prescripted off my bikes for at least a month! Well, at least I can spend some quality time on the Feej, fixing and maintaining. God knows, I've been neglectful on some of the maintenance chores.

Patty is just acting PO'd because she's upset at how close things could have been. Wellll, okay, she's PO'd...but she's thinking about how badly it could have turned out and she's worried because you've upset her "happy home and nesting" impulses. A few trinkets (diamonds, tennis bracelet, roses, rubies, earrings....you know, the usual "I'm sorry" gifts :unsure: ) could take care of the "attitude"..... :eek:
Heh-heh-heh! Some bobbles arrived today, as a matter of fact: Givi side cases and a top box for the Wabs and my fix of a whole case of Honda Spray Cleaner! I'm feeling much better, now! Oh, wait... you meant I should buy her stuff? Mmmmmm, she's playing nurse to me. What more of a gift could she possibly get? ;)

Medical update as of 1430 hrs: The surgeonatrix decided after a review of a tertiary set of X-rays that no further medical action is required. The minor collapsed is righting itself and the small pocket of air released into my chest cavity has diminished since yesterday. My only prescription from her is to lay off the bikes for a month, no lifting for two months and stay off airplanes for six months. I refused her offer for a Vicodin 'script, being the dumb-ass, macho man that I am 'n shit.

I'll post repair photos, insurance claim activities and such as I get to things.

Thanks, y'all!

Damn TWN... I hadn't clicked on this post because I thought it was about farkling. I'm fairly impressed that you had the cajones to hop on your other bike and finish the ride. I'm guessing you wished you would've accepted and filled the pain pill script about now. I target fixated on a guard rail in a tight decreasing radius turn last year... very nearly nailed it. Glad you're okay man.

Damn TWN,Sorry to hear of this, it makes everyone think a little.

Maybe we shouldn't think that when something like this happens we should not just dust ourselves off and start ridin again before really getting checked out.

That move of ridin another hundred miles or so coulda been disatrous for you.Not meaning to get up your case or nothing cause I might've done the same thing with the testosterone flowing.You were just doin a training run for haul rd. LOL.

Hope you're feeling better soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
<snip> Glad you're okay man.
Er...in a manner of speaking, Southern. ;)

He's got a few broken ribs and a partially collapsed lung. That's almost OK in my book :rolleyes:

[suckup] If it wasn't for his incredible strength and determination he wouldn't even be able to use a PC keyboard and keep us apprised of his condition [/suckup]

A presidential candidate whose name I forget got himself a Purple Heart for much less than that. :blink:

Get well soon Tim :D

Stef

Last edited by a moderator:
First and foremost, Timmy-Boy, please accept my appologies for somehow missing this thread. Gosh, crashing is bad enough, but my missing this thread must have made you feel as though I did not care. How that pain must have hurt more than the injuries. I am sooo sorry.

;)

Oh, and welcome to the club. We had hoped to keep membership a little more exclusive and a lot more "upper-crust," but oh, well, no use shutting the barn door now. There goes the neighborhood. On the bright side, this should significantly bring down the price of membership dues.

In all seriousness, I hope you heal well and heal fast. Keep us posted, okay?

...and learn how to write EFFECTIVE topic titles.

...and learn how to write EFFECTIVE topic titles.
Then put 'em in the right forum. Definitely not "Off-Topic". Maybe "Ride Reports"?
Jebus! You are some picky bastards! Waaaa, waaaaaa, waaaaa, waaaaa! Bunch'a Pablum pukers!

Besides, one of our courteous admins has duly amended my post title to make it easier for you 'tards to figger out my Enigma Coded title. Henceforth, I shall knock my posts down to the general forum intelligence level which is about equal to kindergarten (or in Scab's case, to a level that a wayward spermatozoa could grasp).

:fuck:

Henceforth, I shall knock my posts down to the general forum intelligence level which is about equal to kindergarten.
"I think that would be best"- Eddie Murphy, in the scene at the dining club in Beverly Hills Cop.

From last night's fortune cookie- "The wise man learns much more from fools than the fools learn from the wise"

Tru dat, fo!
O.K., enlighten me....What the hell's a "Fo"?
That, my middle class friend, is ghetto for, "That would be a true statement, you silly fool."

Look at this bastage's spelling. And he's going to "dumb-it-down" for us? Geez, I'm calling his mother.
Who's got Timmy's mom's number? I'll bet cash she doesn't even know about the crash yet.
Too late, oh 'possum chef. Her comment, "See?! I told you you'd put and eye out riding around on that thing! I hope you at least had clean underwear on... Now, write this down, it's your grandmother's special potus for broken bones..."

Rad has a point. (It is his head, but a point nonetheless.)

We need a "Fall Reports" section, or subsection.

Latest posts