What Else Can I Do To My FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
CA model? How much for the salvage?
Yep, CA model. I believe purchased from CalCoast. I dunno about the salvage, but you can bet your ass, I'm gonna find out when the adjuster gets here.

Or might there be a Kaw in the future....hahahahahaLet me consult my magic bankroll. :wizard:
Hmmmmmm, you know what rad? You, my demented friend, just may have a thought there... Big wheel keep on turnin'...

What's the interest rate, Kreskin?

You must already be on some heavy meds!
I'm a manly man. No drugs here, drugs are for old ladies and pussies. Just true grit, here. ;)

Dang Tim, you tryin to hurt yourself or sumpin? Just got in on this not so sweet thread. What's all this fallin down crap? Hey, I'm just a rookie and all you old pro farts aren't givin me much inspiration with all these wrecks. This is just too weird, I'm sittin here finally getting around to buying and reading Nick Ienatsch's, Sport Riding Techniques, and I'm reading the chapter about braking. He is talking about using the rear brake "lightly" to settle the bike down on entry to a corner is a great way to scrub speed safely and what not. A touch of the rear brake keeps the weight from shifting too far forward too fast and that tire loading and fork compression will be decidedly different, and safer. And then I read this thread. No, all kidding aside, glad you are doing better and the man up stair's was looking out for ya. We can learn from this. And gettin back on that horse...that's John Wayne stuff. :derisive: Get well my friend.....to ride again. Prayer's. PM. <><

I go out of town for 4 days and this is what I find after thumbing though the forum. I am very glad that you are just sore and you didn't suffer any bad injuries. Well, for once, your FJR doesn't look so clean. Just ride it as is, except fix the brake pedal. It looks kinda cool. As far as that helmet goes, maybe you should wear it next time we party.

Edit: Hey, I'll donate my Vstream windshield for the fix-up job. It's big enough to slow you down enough to make the turns :lol:

EDIT again: Just found your post about post exam finds of injuries. Kind of like the doc calling me two weeks after he told me I had a sprained wrist to let me know it was really broken. a day before out SS1k :lol

Therefore, is seems we should go on a ride. Lunch at the Whale Watcher Cafe?

Last edited by a moderator:
As far as that helmet goes, maybe you should wear it next time we party.
Dude, that's cold! Accurate, funnier 'an hell, but cold! :p

Edit: Hey, I'll donate my Vstream windshield for the fix-up job. It's big enough to slow you down enough to make the turns :lol:
I have my V-Stream in the box. Just changed to the stocker before the crash. Took Honda cleaner to the front end last night and the screen is fine as is the head lamp lens. Woot!

EDIT again: Just found your post about post exam finds of injuries. Kind of like the doc calling me two weeks after he told me I had a sprained wrist to let me know it was really broken. a day before out SS1k :lol
Therefore, is seems we should go on a ride. Lunch at the Whale Watcher Cafe?
I really wish I could, but I can't sling my leg over the seat without severe spasms. That would be suicidal if I cramped up while riding...

I really wish I could, but I can't sling my leg over the seat without severe spasms. That would be suicidal if I cramped up while riding...
This calls for the Famed CO HWY 145 pain relief a.k.a. Scotch Creek. I know you like your Mr. Daniels, but Scotch really is a more effective pain killer. That's my story, and I'm sticking to it.

Timmy,

:blink: I am sorry. Ouch in so very many ways! Hope you are healing well.

All I can say is "Holy sh*t! What am I getting myself into by riding a bike?!" ... PM.

Love ya, get well soon and don't let them total your baby! Unless, of course it works out better in your favor for them to total it... :derisive:

Ah, don't worry about riding your new bike, Sherri. Just focus and have fun! The lack of the former is the root cause of my crash.

Ah, don't worry about riding your new bike, Sherri. Just focus and have fun! The lack of the former is the root cause of my crash.
I always knew the nut had a thinkin problem.. err, drinking problem... err. never mind... glad you are feeling good enough to not rely on the vic's... 1 month huh? Good luck.. :rolleyes: You will never make it..

I always knew the nut had a thinkin problem.. err, drinking problem... err. never mind... glad you are feeling good enough to not rely on the vic's... 1 month huh? Good luck.. :rolleyes: You will never make it..
He would have argued, but he's out trying to lift his leg high enough to get over the DL's 32" seat. :D

:angry: Tim, sorry about the lay down (along with everyone else). It can happen to any of us and does. I came upon a motorcycle group last fall and there were riders scattered around. Seems like this rider tapped the brakes at the turn entry, stood up and went across the highway, took a couple of other riders down as well. So it's more common than one might think.

Funny story but true. About thirty five years ago when I started riding I hit the brakes going into a corner, stood up (just like in the book) and crossed the road but didn't lay it down or worse hit a car coming the other direction (yep, it was a right hand turn). My older brother (who is like Larry the cable guy) was riding with me. He stops, comes over and I think he's wants to make sure I'm OK. Instead he starts beating the shit out of me. I'm running around trying to protect myself and he's pounding the crap out of me and yelling, damn you don't you ever touch those f@cking brakes ever again. :assassin:

Anyhow, after he gets over his rage and I'm sufficiently bruised and bleeding he screams at me......."brakes will kill your ass! When you get into a corner you lean ("push" nowadays but we didn't know back then) and grab that throttle like your ass depended on it, because it does. You could have taken me down or gotten yourself killed."

I never forgot that and what a bummer of a day it was. Not only did I feel like a dipshit, but my wife asked me where I got the cuts and fat lip and the bike didn't have a scratch on it. :glare: I've had a couple of close calls going into corners but like Pavlov's dog, my mind recalls the beating I got. :dribble:

Glad you're OK and the fiberglass and paint are easily repaired.

AZ

As soon as I read this in the initial posting..."Oh, yeah, I almost forgot to mention: I finally scraped a peg... dry.gif "

I knew you were OK. Sucks about the bike though but like ribs heal bikes get repaired Good luck and feel better.

A friend is someone who will ride with you to help you shake the cobwebs lingering from a crash.

A good friend will crash his bike just to show you it can happen to anyone.

A friend is someone who will ride with you to help you shake the cobwebs lingering from a crash. A good friend will crash his bike just to show you it can happen to anyone.
Dagnabbit! I got all misty-eyed with that one.

Thanks 'Nut! You're a swell pal! :wub:

Sorry to hear that you had a mishap Tim, hope you heal up fast.

keep us posted on your bike and if they total it.

My claim is up there, but they did not total my 05.

besides state farm only pays for the helmet, not your gear. glad my gear was scratched but ok.

A friend is someone who will ride with you to help you shake the cobwebs lingering from a crash. A good friend will crash his bike just to show you it can happen to anyone.
Dagnabbit! I got all misty-eyed with that one.

Thanks 'Nut! You're a swell pal! :wub:
Yup, you two are indeed.

Bummer on your crash. Also glad to hear you are relatively uninjured.

Mark the crash date on your calendar....

March 19 last year ... Crashed my FJR ($7K damage). :angry:

March 19 this year ..... $10K damage to my pickup truck (got rear ended) :dribble:

March 19 next .... staying fuckin' home all day... :blink: