What GPS mount to use for Nuvi 1370T?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rheal

Reaction score
Hello new friends,

I am buying stuff like crazy for my almost new '09 to be ready for my first few short trips (frame sliders, GenMar risers, MagKnight tank bra, clear film saddle bag protection). My next need is for a suitable mount and water proof/resistant cradle for my Garmin nuvi 1370T GPS. I've found two options but would like hearing from users for their experiences and suggestions:

1. RAM-MOUNT system: RAM-B-183U Clutch or brake reservoir mount and arm, 1” ball PLUS RAM-HOL–AQ6 Waterproof cradle -medium/large.

2. or a Techmount system: 3-10998 Stem mount PLUS GPS-Case water resistant case for their mount.

I tend to think the central Stem Mount system (Techmount) is prefereable. Anyone use these and/or have suggestions?

Thanks in advance.

I'm using the RAM mount/Aquabox combo on a stem mounted RAM ball (from triple tree nut); it works very well:

ride-10-24-10-10.jpg

IMG_1189-e1302036046109.jpg

IMG_1191-e1302036138599.jpg

You may also want to check out the Ram-bone from WynPro: https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?showtopic=124395

Last edited by a moderator:
I've got a similar setup as Burnspot... Aquabox with 5" ram stem connected to ram mount on left side view mirror screw. This puts it at a good height for viewing close to eye level. But ugly, but it works.

One issue with the Aquabox is that it is difficult to see in direct sunlight.

Hmm! I had not found a "stem mounted" RAM-MOUNT option until you posted this. Looks good! Thanks Burnspot!
Yep, it works good. The RAM-Bone from WynPro works very well also, but from the tank bolts instead of the stem nut. I think there's another model (Techmount??) that uses the stem cap as well.

I've got a similar setup as Burnspot... Aquabox with 5" ram stem connected to ram mount on left side view mirror screw. This puts it at a good height for viewing close to eye level. But ugly, but it works.

One issue with the Aquabox is that it is difficult to see in direct sunlight.
Yea, the Aquabox adds a layer of material to the display, but if the Nuvi's bright enough (the cheaper it is, the dimmer...generally), it works good. Mine shows up just fine in most conditions although I have to shield it with my hands sometimes. Not really much of a problem since I only refer to it when I know I have a turn coming up.