What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tony, my weekend is free. Let me know if you need help with anything...hoping for the best.

My brother down in Fort Lauderdale should be getting the first rains from the storm as I write this. Said the local stores weren't crowded. There was no bread left, but they did have ice (just got a shipment), and he got the last four bottles of Pusser's Rum.

This storm is a monster. My prayers for safety for everyone in the path of Mathew. God bless you all.

The weather here (Hampstead, NC) is overcast and mid 70's. Up until yesterday's forecast, I was preparing for Hurricane Matthew. Now it looks like Matty may miss me or just brush me.

I've been through a lot of hurricanes, and just wanted to extend my thoughts and prayers to those of you in Matthew's path.

I love adventure ! BUT, riding home from work was interesting. The Dakar is sure-footed, but it is tall and light and the gust were starting to kick in.

I hope you are all happy you got your mail today !
weirdsmiley.gif

Got to share this song from the past;

Last edited by a moderator:
I love adventure ! BUT, riding home from work was interesting. The Dakar is sure-footed, but it is tall and light and the gust were starting to kick in.I hope you are all happy you got your mail today !
weirdsmiley.gif

Got to share this song from the past;

A good Cdn band.

Wait a minute! For the next six months I won't get to stick out my tongue and tell the flatistanis how bad their weather sucks.

It's clear as a bell here, and in the mid-70s. Just beautiful.

Now, gas up, hunker down and stay dry!

Wait a minute! For the next six months I won't get to stick out my tongue and tell the flatistanis how bad their weather sucks.

Now, gas up, hunker down and stay dry!
Ha Ha !!! It is in the 80's here, but we have a little wind.

Just stored up almost 10 gallons of drinking water. I was only able to get (3) 5 gallon containers of gas filled, the other 4 containers

are empty. I have only my cycle for transportation, this is one of the few times that I wish I had my truck still.

Now, gas up, hunker down and stay dry!pe
Sorry Tom, I gotta call BS on this.
no.gif
I was born in McKeesport, raised in Elizabeth Township, and graduated from Pitt. I love Pittsburgh and Pittsburghers.
punk.gif
But weather is not a strong point for that area. In fact, it sucks. 300 some days out of the year overcast? The winters? And what the freeze/thaw does to the roads? No, I'll take Cape Fear weather. Just wait til Matthew is gone!
rolleyes.gif
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, go Steelers!

Now, gas up, hunker down and stay dry!pe
Sorry Tom, I gotta call BS on this.
no.gif
I was born in McKeesport, raised in Elizabeth Township, and graduated from Pitt. I love Pittsburgh and Pittsburghers.
punk.gif
But weather is not a strong point for that area. In fact, it sucks. 300 some days out of the year overcast? The winters? And what the freeze/thaw does to the roads? No, I'll take Cape Fear weather. Just wait til Matthew is gone!
rolleyes.gif
Oh yeah, I almost forgot, go Steelers!
Well today is one of those days that doesn't suck!

If I was in Florida, I'd let the wind run through my hair, and the rain stream down my neck and chest. Stand in the wind and see what flaps.

Meanwhile, I'm stuck with sunshine, calm winds and a winning football team.

Starting to get the stronger bands now. 50-60 MPH… Power will be gone soon- Just hoping it is only for a few days.

Transformers are a poplin'.

I am selfishly relieved with the recent tracking, but concerned for friends to the north.

Jim, I hope you are ready for this one (?)

Never even lost power. Some small trees pushed over in the area, lots of wind and rain. We're absolutely fine. My thoughts are with the folks who got hit harder and those who are still feeling the storm.

I have good friends that are south of Daytona. They own their own home & 3 rental properties... all on the barrier island, there. They are rightly very worried & scared. We will see what the high tide brings.

Matthew has left us. Some gusts in the mid 40's and 4 days worth of rain, but zero damage.

The good thing is, a very pleasant weekend now ( low humidity and temps in the 80's), so a'ridin' we will go!

I was very fortunate also. The eye stayed offshore by 60 miles. This gave us only outer and mid bands, which are much weaker (50-60 MPH) than

the bands closer to the eye. I did not even lose power!

If you have never experienced the "Eye of a hurricane", It is amazing. You go through tremendous winds and absolute

chaos, then the winds cease and the sky is blue and sunny. Then the chaos strikes again. The bands close to the eye you can actually see the tremendous

rotation and the winds are incredible. I was outside on a previous hurricane trying to hold my patio doors shut. I compare the force to a car repeatedly slamming

into the doors. I felt like a rag doll.

This one slammed up north closer to Jim (flab). He text me that he was fine, but still getting hit with heavy winds. I hope the best for the coastal residents

of Georgia and South and North Carolina. The hurricane has weakened, which is good, and I think we are through the worst of it. Beautiful day out today.

Time to clean up outside. The hurricane actually helped me with a huge tree that I have been cutting down.
punk.gif

Stay safe up north !

We're a significant distance from the coast and still the eye is some 200 miles southeast but we have steady 15-20 mph winds and at least 2" of rain so far. Things should start clearing up around 8pm. Very wet 2 days.

I've been through a few "eye of the storm" adventures as mentioned above. Seeing crystal clear blue sky after getting pounded is pretty cool. Until the hammer comes from the other direction and you go through it again. Know what's even better? Do it one time at sea on a submarine. When you're chillin' at 200 ft and still doing 30 degree rolls you know a damn good rip roarin' time is being had by all and you can't help but feel sorry for the poor bass-turds going through it up yonder.

I feel for all of you effected by Mat. If it makes you feel any better, west of Seattle we are in rain. Dryest spot is on the ferry.

I agree "Go Steelers" (Chuck Noll's wife was my Sunday school teacher for several years)