What's the Weather like where YOU are today?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
"Hotter than Satan's taint." He he he he he

BB.jpg

Here too. Dammit.

The weather here just flat sucks today!

Red Flag Warning, 90F, about 10% humidity, 10-15 mph breeze, so dang much smoke in the air my eyes water and my nose runs if I go outside.

Cold front supposed to come through tonight, hoping it will clear out some of this Canadian, Montanan and Wyoming smoke. Can't see more than a mile down Spearfish Canyon at the moment. Sucks, but then I could be in Texas....

Last edited by a moderator:
I know the feeling John. It's supposed to be 101 here today and visibility with the smoke is 1/2 mile or less. I can't see the paved road from my driveway and you know how far that is. It's obvious just looking from the shop to the house. It's supposed to clear up in time for the RR.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between 2000 and 3300 ft on the BRP yesterday it was 69-72 degrees with clear skies and 10-15 mph winds. Damn near froze my arse! But you could see all the way to the horizon, very unusual to have that little haze. No leaves turning yet so the roads were nearly empty.

Today is beautiful. Yesterday was different, but we were on the dirt bikes at about 9500 feet. We rode singletrack for five and a half hours, and it rained like a mo-fo below us. Only rain and mud we got into was when we were within a couple miles of the vehicles. The rest of the time, we were too high. It was an amazing day!!

Between 2000 and 3300 ft on the BRP yesterday it was 69-72 degrees with clear skies and 10-15 mph winds. Damn near froze my arse! But you could see all the way to the horizon, very unusual to have that little haze. No leaves turning yet so the roads were nearly empty.
I *think* the high that moved the remnants of Harvey thru cleared out the humidity as well - it was mid-80's here (North Metro-ATL) and at highway speed it almost felt cool! Sun was brutal, but as soon as you moved into the shade, it felt great.

Same today, might go out on bike again later. Hope this keeps up!

A cold front moved through yesterday, 45 this morning, predicting a high of 68, skies now clear but there is a haze to the west which is supposed to move back in later in the week.

Low of 35 predicted for tonight!

A few trees are starting to turn, birds are flocking up, the doves flew south as they are prone to do when the night time temps go below 50F.

Looking forward to fall, my favorite time of the year.

We got past the constant 100+ temps a few weeks back. Since then we've danced near it but been mostly in the 90s. It looks like later this week we'll head into the trend below 90s.

Our 2 weeks of fall is nearly here.

Just got back from a trip to FL to evacuate some of our people. It's going to get serious down there in a couple days. Hope any of you in this hurricane's path stay safe.

Washington and Oregon are on fire... the south is flooded, but the weather here is awesome. High today 69 and sunny. Was 98 Monday and then 76 on Tuesday. Temp this morning was 48F.

Tony, send some of Irma's rain up here, but keep your head down. We haven't seen the sun here since tuesday, the smoke is so thick. Not as hot with the sun blocked, but it's keeping the humidity artificially high. The west may not see any relief in the next month.

Been in the 90s for the past 2 weeks. Smoke is thick, considered very unhealthy, and been around for pretty much 3 weeks, but the past week, it's been getting thicker. Supposedly, there will be changing weather starting tomorrow and the smoke will clear.