Where Are All the Spare Black Wheels?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SkooterG

Purveyor of Crooked Facts
Reaction score
Ok, this is getting ridiculous. I have been searching for a 08+ black rear wheel for over two years now. No luck. They just don't come up on ebay. I don't understand why. With them on 08, 09, 14, and 15 models there should be plenty of crashed bikes out there being parted out. So where are they all going?

I have tried using Master Google to find salvage companies selling them, but all I find are complete wrecked bikes being sold. BTW, a couple weeks ago there was a wrecked '15 ES FJR being sold from one of the salvage companies that only had like 800 miles on it. Poor owner probably regretted buying the ugliest of FJRs and punted that sucker down the road.

Anybody got any ideas on where I should look? Ideally I want one with all the parts - bearings, cush drive, abs sensor ring, and if possible, the brake rotor.

SkooterG posted: ....Poor owner probably regretted buying the ugliest of FJRs and punted that sucker down the road.
Wrong! Poor owner probably was traveling close to the speed of light when the black rear wheel that you want so badly started to melt from air friction.

That would be my guess.

Last edited by a moderator:
You'll never find a black wheel from a stock 08. Cross it off your search.
Yup ^^^^ be a tough one to find!
no.gif

--G

You'll never find a black wheel from a stock 08. Cross it off your search.

D'oh! <Head Slap> Of course. Just a bit of a brain fart there.

Though if I could find an 08, 10, 11, or 12 rear wheel cheap enough I would paint it myself.

A lump of coal will match my Liquid Graphite perfectly! Thanks, Santa!

Though if I could find an 08, 10, 11, or 12 rear wheel cheap enough I would paint it myself.
Not sure how cheap is cheap enough, but there are a few at Fleabay at the moment.
I was tempted on the silver one. Until I realized they had stripped everything off of it. Rotor I can understand. But the cush drive and cover?

Perhaps the reason you cannot find one is ............. that all those nasty black coloured wheels have been sprayed a nicer colour
smile.png