Where are the 2012 FJRs

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I might have to get me one of them this year..

145.JPG

All my new spare 06 plastic parts look like they would fit and match perfectly.
Maybe you could transfer over your under-engineered wiring harness? :p
I miss Reno John....his maniacal ravings were more entertaining. Now--go back to your 8 tracks or maybe watch a movie on your Beta VCR.

I stopped in at the Yammi shop to pick up my new heated grips and they were just rolling an FJR from service over to the showroom. I took a quick glance at that beautiful blue machine and noted that it appeared (from a distance) to be brand new. Since I was in a hurry and was already pulling out of the parking lot, I couldn't resist the temptation to call the dealership on the way home to ask, "Is that a 2012 FJR I just saw being rolled toward the show room?" The fella that answered the phone confirmed that indeed it was. I told him that those FJRs are amazing machines and that I was glad that they finally got an 012 in. Then he said, "Hey why don't you bring yours in, we'll take it on trade and make you a great deal?" Beautiful as it was, I told him, "No thanks, my 05's paid for and with 15k on it, I just now got it broke in." Besides, with only 9k on my Exalto, I've finally worn the nubs off of it. Think I'll wait a while until I get to see just how many miles I get out of that amazing rear tire.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
WTF is this? The 12's are in me pants Gregie :)

Oh..

Snipage

I miss Reno John....his maniacal ravings were more entertaining. Now--go back to your 8 tracks or maybe watch a movie on your Beta VCR.

Reno got the scorpion virus while licking chicken testicles in New Mexico last spring. I hear he's now doing a dog an pony show in Carson city NV.

Ya happy now ass boi?

Naaaaah. I just like to see brand spanking new FJRs. Especially when a new owner posts proud photos of his new bike. It's been a long time since I have had a brand new bike in the garage. August of 2003 actually. Not complaining though, I :wub: my three 2004 FJRs in the garage.
I would hate to keep you from seeing pictures of brand spanking new FJRs and new proud owners so, here you go! Last night I rode my brand new 2012 FJR the short 2 miles to my home from the dealership and quickly snapped this photo in our garage. I cannot wait to get home so I can throw a leg over and take her to a parking lot to scrub those tires and get to know how this bike handles. (I come from the cruiser world. This FJR handles nothing like my old Vulcan 900 Classic.)

6478911697_a217488a0a.jpg
Congrats on the new beautiful ride. About four months to go before my '12 is delivered and posting a picture of it in my driveway.

I don't know how much smoother it is over the '06 since this is my first FJR but since I came from cruisers, damn it's a smooth ride. What a difference! I should of sold my cruiser years ago and switched to the FJR. Very happy.

Still, I'm curious what changes were made for the '12. All I can find is a generic statement saying, "enhancements to engine electronics."

The only thing different on the exterior is the gauge cluster trim, it's flat black, this was one of the first thing I changed on my 06, I even took the FJR sticker off the sides. so I had a 2012 way before anyone :rolleyes:

IMG_2531.JPG

600_60628322.jpg

Mr Martini, there are a bunch of updates. Not big thing but things that make that new 12 smoother, easier to work on and such.
Now you got me curious...Like what??

Condom dispenser, anus shave lube, Air conditioning, Buffet free wind screen, No tip over sidestand,Penis enlarger..

Ok,so the Condom dispenser is a hoax .. Sue me dinkface

Mr Martini, there are a bunch of updates. Not big thing but things that make that new 12 smoother, easier to work on and such.
Now you got me curious...Like what??

Condom dispenser, anus shave lube, Air conditioning, Buffet free wind screen, No tip over sidestand,Penis enlarger..

Ok,so the Condom dispenser is a hoax .. Sue me dinkface
Ya Fecking Jackass, you forgot the AutoSuck attachment. Fairlaner added one to his FJR as a farkle, you can get them at any Ye Olde Sex Shoppe in London UK.

I do believe that this is the model that Richard added to his FJR. Nineteen British Pounds if you buy it in England!

autosuck.jpg