Where Do You Get The Taki Grand Touring Grip

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

fireout2004

Reaction score
Been searching for a spot to pickup the Taki Grand touring grips. Anyone have a good supplier and approximate price. They look like they really absorb vibration. Thanks

How will they work with the Super Vista? Are they the same size as OEM?

thanks,

MO

I found them to be a bit larger than stock. They extended beyond the end of the bars after installation so I ground them down a little bit with a high speed dremel.

But I also drilled a hole in trhe end with a small hole saw rather than cutting the whole end off to allow for the bar ends. I think they look great and feel even better.

I think there would be plenty of space if they were trimmed shorter.

Got a set off a member selling them. Installed them and yes they need to be trimmed on the end. My review is they really helped with the "bad vibes" I was getting. Night and day. The shape and the thickness really made my hands and wrists way more comfortable. That and the vista cruise has made me a new man. I give them a 2 wrist up rating.

WoW! Someone actually agrees with me.

I've been getting beat up on this forever. Those grips did the most to help with numb fingers than ANY other mod! And all for around 10 bucks.

Suggest if you ever want to add any aftermarket bar end weights like BarEnders locks or similar to have them mounted FIRST, then trim your Tacki Grips to fit. Stock bar end weights and some of the aftermarket weights have different gaps, and doing it the other way round may result in more of a gap than you'd like. Ask me how I know.

I mounted the BarEnders and the Tacki Grips and I REALLY like the resulting reduction in perceived vibes. Worth it for me; no real vibes up to about 100 in 4th or 5th.

wow... ~$10 for a farkle that is effective in a hugely ergonomic way? Deal of all farkles? I'm convinced that it is worth trying. Thanks for sharing.

FJRandy,

U DA MAN,

I just ordered the grips. It said no charge for S&H, CoooOOOooL.

Thanks,

MO
It's funny. I originally posted that other place. I recently found the shipping label for Motohelmets...that's actually where I got them from.

And for the curious......these are the ONLY grips that will relieve pressure on your hands/wrists if you suffer from CTS.

The Beemer grips are real nice, but only if you don't already have a problem with numb fingers/hands.

The larger center of the Tacki grips takes pressure off the carpal nerve. Yes they feel funny at first, but you quickly get used to them.

Trust me..I have it (CTS) bad in both wrists. These grips did worlds more than those bigass bar ends! Also...these grips DO NOT stop the bar vibes! They just re-position your hands on the bars more comfortably so it just feels like less.

The grips and the Lenkadapter risers allowed me to position the bars slightly outward. This also hepled to relieve hand pressure.

I checked out ebay for barends last night (lame) where is a good place to buy heavy bar ends? Also, can you salvage the oem grips on the deinstall? what is the process to replace the grips: M-80 and a bottle of scotch? Holy shit....DuK!

MO

It didn't look easy to salvage the stock grips so I sliced them off. Perhaps a syringe filled with soapy water would have made it possible, but still not easy.

Installation of the Tacki Grips is a snap. I used hair spray an they slipped right on though some have used plain water.

Also, can you salvage the oem grips on the deinstall?  what is the process to replace the grips:  M-80 and a bottle of scotch?  Holy shit....DuK!MO
Slide a thin Phillips screwdriver into the end of the grip between the bar and grip and slightly pry up on the outside to make a little space. Spray contact cleaner inside right next to the inserted screwdriver using the little tube that comes with the spray can. Turn the screwdriver inside the grip to loosen the glue and immediately slide it (the grip) off.

You're done. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
Here is an update. Just got back from a 800+ mile day. There is no way I could have made it without these taki's. Like Randy says the linkadapters and the Taki's make a huge diff in riding longevity. I was on the bike for over 14 hours and today my hands are a little numb but no where near where they would be without them.

For removal and install, use shop air and a blow gun. On and off in a snap, no harm to bike or grip, old ones survive to be used if not happy with new. No muss, no fuss. ;)

For removal and install, use shop air and a blow gun.  On and off in a snap, no harm to bike or grip, old ones survive to be used if not happy with new.  No muss, no fuss. ;)
Radman...I tried that once. Air only with no contact cleaner to loosen the fact glue.

Blew only HALF the grip off! :stunned: :rolf: