Which throttle lock works for you?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a Vista Cruise type T-lock. I had a Vista Cruise on my old Gen1 and did the Skootery-ooo way, worked great, liked the fact you could give it throttle and go back with no issue.

My new to me Gen1 Feej came with another type that had a little toggle to flip, works great. I also have a little tie-wrap to hold it in place, that’s the way this one is. It also has a Throttle Meister. I use both. The T-Meister does well on its own too, but with the lock, it helps hold it without vibration issues. Works great.

Skooties Vista Cruise mount is the cheapest and easiest way though, works great too. Just sayin’

Since you guys didn't like my "redneck engineering" C clamp, I rigged up an old plastic throttle lock that a friend gave me.

In the picture below, you can see that I set it so that the toggle sits rather low compared to where most guys put it. Turns out I like it that way, but it was due to where I needed to locate the tab. Also notice that I trimmed down the OD of the original grip to clear. I spun it down on a bench grinder.

throttlelock2.jpg

In the picture below, you can see the tab that I cut and filed to a "U" shape, the coat hanger that I bent up to fit, and a small bolt and nut. Not drilling or tapping needed

throttlelock1.jpg

It works like a dream, and it was totally free.

Gary

darksider #44

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the vista cruise as well, have many years of experience with them on my previous bikes. that said, it looks like the best/cleanest mounting option for the VC requires me to drill a small hole in my right control housing. i'm just not there yet.
I am on the road right now so I cannot take photos but I utilized a piece of bent/flattened coat hangar wire to mount my VC. I painted it black before final install. It looks good, almost factory, and works great for holding the VC in place and locks tight with no slippage.

The great part is I can uninstall it all with no residual holes or glue or whatever left behind.

Edit - Mine is similar to Gary's but done slightly differently.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like the vista cruise as well, have many years of experience with them on my previous bikes. that said, it looks like the best/cleanest mounting option for the VC requires me to drill a small hole in my right control housing. i'm just not there yet.
I am on the road right now so I cannot take photos but I utilized a piece of bent/flattened coat hangar wire to mount my VC. I painted it black before final install. It looks good, almost factory, and works great for holding the VC in place and locks tight with no slippage.

The great part is I can uninstall it all with no residual holes or glue or whatever left behind.

Edit - Mine is similar to Gary's but done slightly differently.
You never did post up any pics of your flattened coat hanger. I wanna see how this turned out.. Post up some pics please..