Wich heated gloves ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pierre

Reaction score
I want o buy a pair of heated gloves, I don't know wich one to go with...

Try the search but did not find this informations.

Wich one should I buy ?

Thanks

Don't know. I am looking for some too and the Widders are my top choice for now. I am still shopping though.

Warm-n-Safe are spendy, but very cool....and the plugs coming out the top of the hands are a better design IMO. Leather...they're like a rider's glove made electric. They are not very rain resistant as I learned in the remants of a hurricane for 36 hours straight in August.

The Widders are like puffy snow gloves that they made electric and would be my second choice. One can add covers to make them more rain resistant.

I haven't used Gerbers.

Powerlet also has come out with a heated gloves. I have a pair but I have only tried them on inside for fit. However, the cord does come out the top of these gloves and they have hard armor on the knuckles and a little bit on the wrist area. I would call them medium thickness, not so thick you can't move your hand freely, but thick enough to keep the air out.

Warm-n-Safe are spendy, but very cool....and the plugs coming out the top of the hands are a better design IMO. Leather...they're like a rider's glove made electric. They are not very rain resistant as I learned in the remants of a hurricane for 36 hours straight in August.
The Widders are like puffy snow gloves that they made electric and would be my second choice. One can add covers to make them more rain resistant.

I haven't used Gerbers.
Nice glove !

Thanks

I have Gerbings and they're fantastic. Slightly bulky, but warm as hell. Even when they're not plugged in (or turned on), they're much warmer than any other "winter" glove that I've ever tried.

I had all Gerbing gear at one time. I now have all Widder gear and the G stuff was sold at pennies on the dollar so they wouldn't keep collecting dust.

Great product

Supports the community

Excellent post-sales support

It all adds up to make a safe (and warm) rider.

Last edited by a moderator:
I have the Gerbing gloves and full jacket liner. The gloves work great but are a bit bulky (I understand their newer ones are not as bad). I also have a pair of electric glove liners which will plug into the Gerbings. I've not tried them yet but they fit under my lighter weight Olympia gloves great so I hope this will be the way to go.

Gary

I got the warn n safe gloves - liner too.

The gloves are pretty nice. I needed to exchange the size to one size bigger than their web site said. They paid for the new shipping and got them out really fast.

Road to Savannah GA last weekend and it was 34 degrees riding home at 4:30am in the dark on I-95. The gloves worked well and warm.

I have not tried the others so I can't really compare them. I was very happy with the product and customer support.

Has anyone tried the WarmGear glove liners? Gerbing doesn't sell a glove liner anymore, and neither do Widder or Warm'n'Safe. I already have a set of nice winter gloves that's about a size too big - should be perfect for wearing a heated liner underneath it.

Just got the Warm n' Safe Ultimate gloves along with their liner. First impression was that they were lighter than my A-stars and wondered if I'd be looking at a pair of Widders by late winter. Probably wrong though. Although not very cold here yet, did log a few hours in the upper 30's and used about 1/3 power off the controller for more than enough heat. (Although I'm wondering how much credit should go to the Suzuki hand guards that went on this year.) Also debated on sending them back before using them as they felt a bit too snug, especially at that price. But I guess good leather pays off as they have quickly stretched and molded and are now very comfortable. Haven't gotten them wet though so can't comment on that.

I got the warn n safe gloves - liner too.The gloves are pretty nice. I needed to exchange the size to one size bigger than their web site said. They paid for the new shipping and got them out really fast.

Road to Savannah GA last weekend and it was 34 degrees riding home at 4:30am in the dark on I-95. The gloves worked well and warm.

I have not tried the others so I can't really compare them. I was very happy with the product and customer support.
Hey, I was in Savannah last weekend also (rode down from Johnson city, Tn). Spent most of Saturday on River street watching the power boat races and drinking way to many Wet Willies!!

Has anyone tried the WarmGear glove liners? Gerbing doesn't sell a glove liner anymore, and neither do Widder or Warm'n'Safe. I already have a set of nice winter gloves that's about a size too big - should be perfect for wearing a heated liner underneath it.
I've got'em. Haven't used them much but the times I have used them I've been VERY happy.

I LOVE my Gerbings G3. They are very, very lightweight and very, very warm. At first I thought they wouldn't keep me warm with temps in teens and 20s but they do. I also have the jacket liner and pant liner and dual controller. Worth the $$

Steve