WNY Tech Day II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wnyfjr

Reaction score
***UPDATE 3/9/15***

The date is set as June 6th. Please take a minute to go to the WNY Tech Day II web site and register (fill out the required fields and look for Register link at bottom left of the page). Note that in addition to tent space in the yard, we DO have three beds and three sofa's (plus floor space) for anyone who wants to overnight at our place. Use the comments section at the bottom to let me know if you'd like that option and it's first-come-first-serve on that!

***UPDATE 3/9/15***

I know it's early, but hell, folks are already lining up their ridin' vacations for the year, so I figured I'd better get this out there. Laura and I had really no idea what we were getting into when we set out to host our tech day last June, but even before the dust had settled, we knew we wanted to do it again (we're slow learners...). For those who missed it, there's a recap here.

We're aiming for June again, and we're thinking about June 13th. I have a few more tools than I did last year, but I'm still not a full-service shop. I have an air compressor, HF tire changing/balancing setup, various hand tools/torque wrenches and Santa brought me something just for the tech day:

bike%20lift_zpszhnrna8y.jpg

(the box says Motorcycle / ATV jack, so I don't expect anyone to bring their quad...)

Once again, we can offer accommodations for folks who are coming from a distance and want to spend the night, and if the weather cooperates as it did last year, there is camping space out back!

We had fun last year, so hopefully there's similar interest this year and we can do it all over again. We'll even have a spot for KJ and his Beemer again (I kept the sign from last year!)
whistle.gif

Let me know what y'all think!

Last edited by a moderator:
Great time was had by all last year! I'll try to make it but that weekend conflicts with a weekend riding event I am planning to attend in Ohio........ hmmmmm.

Well, we're aiming for that weekend, but I can see if maybe the 6th or the 20th would work as well. Lemme check with the boss...

Don't make it too late in June because a number of us will be in Spearfish SD for John's Black Hills ride.

Or even FODS in West Virginia

Ross is right exhaust runs under the bike with no frame to lift from.

I enjoyed tech-day a lot last year. May and June are busy for me this year, but I may fit it in.

Well, looks like a little work needs to go into the exact date of this to-do. Sounds like it could be June 6th, but still maybe the 13th...We'll see as we get more input from those interested in attending. Of course, ultimately I just have to choose a date and hope most can make it, but let's see how things shake out here for the next little bit.

As for the jack, I may try some form of adapter, or Laura - er- Santa can take it back! I just hate to discourage her when it comes to getting me moto-bike tools & such!
rolleyes.gif

I am very tempted! If my wife in not working that weekend I may be able to sneak out. Any economical hotels nearby?

Luis

This all sounds kinda fun. I'll have to check with Jim. We may be able to make it June 13th (20th would be better), but we'll see how it all plays out. I'll put the 13th on our calendars for now.

I had a great time last year and will commit for this year also. As long as the finalized date doesn't interfere with my son's graduation. I'll bring the tip jar for Laura's good cooking. :)

KJ,

Maybe you misunderstood my post. If the confirmed date doesn't interfere with my son's graduation, I'll be there. Also, I'll register for Penn-Run soon. I don't want to miss it either. Can't wait to catch up with everyone.

Jeff