WNY Tech Day II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Tried to register..... no workie. On page 2, the "Update" button on lower right wasn't there.
Sorry Ray, I was working on the site and had the db open r/w backend only.

I see you got in once I closed the backdoor lol. It will be great to see y'all again and I'm not doing any prior visit-stops like last year.... KJ will be in the house early! ....I know, just f'n great. ;)

I actually think the registrations went through anyway, as I got two from Ray and two from Mike/Wineguy.

And KJ, we'll have your 'special' parking waiting for you whenever you get here!

Last edited by a moderator:
I actually think the registrations went through anyway, as I got two from Ray and two from Mike/Wineguy.
And KJ, we'll have your 'special' parking waiting for you whenever you get here!
I wiped out the 2 duplicates.

So (thinking..) I might pull out my '09 AE for your event! ...or,,,, maybe I'll bring my 450lb lightweight S/T toy... hmmmm!? Nothing needs to be done to any but maybe a wax-on-wax-off job.

So (thinking..) I might pull out my '09 AE for your event! ...or,,,, maybe I'll bring my 450lb lightweight S/T toy... hmmmm!? Nothing needs to be done to any but maybe a wax-on-wax-off job.
I can see it now. KJ sitting around drinking beer and waxing off!
not_i.gif

I can see it now. KJ sitting around drinking beer and waxing off!
not_i.gif
Hey hey hey, I'm the master or waxing off!

just don't shake my hand afterwards
tonguesmiley.gif

We'll be happy to see you arrive via any of your wheeled conveyances!

Wow, haven't been to a Rush concert since high school. Sounds like a great time! Hope you can somehow swing both!!

I'm penciling this in because it's a long shot for me. Going to the Rush concert a few days later and getting a get out of jail free card will be tough.

Wow, haven't been to a Rush concert since high school. Sounds like a great time! Hope you can somehow swing both!!

Neil Peart (drummer for Rush) is a huge dedicated BMW guy. He doesn't do a lot of Interviews especially after his tragic loss of his teenage daughter, and then his wife. He's gone through some major tough times. In his latest article in BMW's (MOA) On-Magazine a few Months ago he talks about Motorcycling and it's therapy. I think we all know that here, but not nearly on his level. Get a chance, his stuff makes for a good read!

Here he's on his Beemer dual sport, from what I gathered, def his favorite ride, and he has many of them. He's been known for going to gigs on his bike, thousands of miles apart. Some shows he barely "showed". Once for a concert in Detroit (or maybe it was Cleveland) just arriving upon the sound check, he proclaimed "hey, sometimes you just can't stop the fun!, eh!". He had just rode almost 2K miles and then started drumming away to songs like "Anthem", "Working Man", "Trees" and of course one of the tunes that started the Rush-Roll... "Fly by Night". ....What an interesting guy!!!!

img75297-1395240508-v580x435.jpg

And in interviews, he "almost" sleeps with his Beemer at night!. Hey!, I do as well!. Nothing original here.
wink.png

6591498751_9f0539bedd.jpg

And if he gets the urge to play on the road?.... a (custom) R-nineT; which debuted for BMW in 2014.

484275_345632428843992_2004056994_n.jpg

Oh the power of the Roundel
smile.png

With all of KJ's talk aboot waxing and backends and backdoors I'm a bit unsure of this shindig....

crazy.gif

Dunno if we'll make it this year. The new job has me on the road a lot and June is a looong way away... We'll see.

The concert is just up the road from you at First Niagara, you should go!! Never saw them during my high school years, went to one of their concerts a few years ago for the first time. Remembering what they sounded like from the radio and albums over the years, I'm no music expert just so you know, to me they haven't lost anything. They have said after this year they will be cutting way back on concerts so I thought I'd go see them while I had the chance.

Thanks KJ for pointing us toward the article on Neal, I will track that down. I heard he's a big BMW guy, sounds like it will be a good read. Motorcycling being therapy, I believe that whole heartily, I smile every second I'm riding. :)

With all of KJ's talk aboot waxing and backends and backdoors I'm a bit unsure of this shindig....

crazy.gif

Dunno if we'll make it this year. The new job has me on the road a lot and June is a looong way away... We'll see.
Your new job should be working for the Food Network as a restaurant critique'r, or, maybe you can be Guy's assistant?. I don't think I've ever seen anybody eat out as much as you and Sooz! Holy food plates Batman! btw, I use that Flavortown app anytime I'm traveling. Pretty kewl bro, thanks for the tip.

For those of you saying wtf? It's a Facebook thingy.

Just a bump, as we’re inching closer to June 6th, and some folks might have a better idea of their availability for this little to-do.

So far I have:

Ray (Rayzerman) – definite

Mike (Wineguy) – definite

Tim (Madmudder) – definite

KJ (Top_Speed1) – probably

Steve (Pista) – probably

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh) – probably

Dean (deang) – slight chance

Looks like some fork maintenance, general farkling, possibly a Stiffy install, some lighting, brake line replacement, air filter replacement…and of course some beer drinking and bullshitting! If you’re thinking about joining in, please take a minute to go to the WNY Tech Day II web site and register (fill out the required fields and look for Register link at bottom left of the page). You’ll see the details about the event and it lets me know who is going to be showing up at my door and allows us to plan for meals, etc.

Laura and I had a blast last year and we’re looking forward to doing it again!

Mike

Just a bump, as we’re inching closer to June 6th, and some folks might have a better idea of their availability for this little to-do.
So far I have:

Ray (Rayzerman) – definite

Mike (Wineguy) – definite

Tim (Madmudder) – definite

KJ (Top_Speed1) – probably

Steve (Pista) – probably

Jeff (FJRPittsburgh) – probably

Dean (deang) – slight chance

Looks like some fork maintenance, general farkling, possibly a Stiffy install, some lighting, brake line replacement, air filter replacement…and of course some beer drinking and bullshitting! If you’re thinking about joining in, please take a minute to go to the WNY Tech Day II web site and register (fill out the required fields and look for Register link at bottom left of the page). You’ll see the details about the event and it lets me know who is going to be showing up at my door and allows us to plan for meals, etc.

Laura and I had a blast last year and we’re looking forward to doing it again!

Mike
May bring my 19yr old son Kris. He's got his M/C endorsement last year. I still got a lot more training to do w him, but this could be a perfect length trip for some more experience.

---

Most likely Stan-lee Steamer. He has the sign-up website on his computer, he just needs to get 'permission' from Ann... yupp, another new squeeze (for the Month).

He says it's looking like wedding bells, I told him "you're farg'n nutz!" (as he's already been married twice before).

,,,his response? Third times a charm! (cough-cough). and YIKES!

KJ, that'd be great to meet your son! Let's see how far from the tree that acorn fell!
hehe.gif

Most likely Stan-lee Steamer. He has the sign-up website on his computer, he just needs to get 'permission' from Ann... yupp, another new squeeze (for the Month).
He says it's looking like wedding bells, I told him "you're farg'n nutz!" (as he's already been married twice before).

,,,his response? Third times a charm! (cough-cough). and YIKES!
Hmm, I knew very quickly that Laura was the one for me, but then again, I didn't have two prior hitchin's on my rap sheet! Hope to see Stan in June. There are also no waterfowl near me, so it should be a duck-free zone for him, in case he's worried about that sort of thing still.
grin.gif

He's not outgoing like me at all. He gets all shy around girls, in fact, I made the moves and introduced him to his last g/f. U snooze, u loooooz!

Beef on Weck?
Mikey, so r you back from Silicone Implant land? And!, if so, where's yur Ride Report? Inquiring minds wanna see! From FB it looked grand!, need much more though!

And you Northerners, ugh!... It's "Beef on a Weck"
smile.png
and, in-which we just say 'Wick'

Beef on Weck?
I won't get as finicky as KJ on this, I know EXACTLY what you mean!! Truth be told, I say it exactly that way every time. Could have some of that, and I believe we've shamed my brother-in-law into smoking some form of meat item in his Green Egg for the occasion. I don't know what he'll come up with, but I find it's best to just let him do what he wants and it will be great!

So Mike, what's this I hear about Silicone Implant land? I'm FB-averse, so I don't keep up on things that way.

So Mike, what's this I hear about Silicone Implant land? I'm FB-averse, so I don't keep up on things that way.
The lucky bass-tard got to go to Kalifornia and ride. I believe he met his brother out there, and Mike rented some old and broke down 2 cylinder ;) . His pics looked amazing (on FB) and I want a full write-up (RR).

Ok, I'll put something together. Might need to use the GPS coordinates collected on the photos to figure out where we were. We covered 2,000 miles (3,200km) in 6 days - keep in mind, a lot of those miles were in first and second gear! We avoided highways whenever we could and did a lot of exploring in the mountains. Stay tuned.........

Back to this thread.......looking forward to seeing you guys in June. Don't have any work to do on my FJR but will lend a hand wherever needed (the one without the beer). :)