worse week in history - at emergency room right now

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reminds me of that Hee Haw song: "Gloom despair and agony on me. Deep dark depression, excessive misery. If it weren't for bad luck, I'd have no luck at all..."

Sorry you had such a bad week.

(By the way, I though only chicks had vulvas. :unsure: )

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Sunday got a bee sting on my uvula (thing hanging down back of the throat-was in my beer), Monday lost my job, and today totalled my race bike during practice at Nelson Ledges - wrecked at about 100 mph. Hurt my rt knee, left ankle and right wrist. Hope to heal by thursday to come to eom. So how was your week?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery.

I would say based on your injuries reported, that you were very fortunate.

Hope to see you there...

Last Sunday got a bee sting on my uvula (thing hanging down back of the throat-was in my beer), Monday lost my job, and today totalled my race bike during practice at Nelson Ledges - wrecked at about 100 mph. Hurt my rt knee, left ankle and right wrist. Hope to heal by thursday to come to eom. So how was your week?

Thought about buying a lottery ticket? You've used up all your allocation of bad luck by now.

This week, I had a birthday. I love it when I have more birthdays.

I bought a WWII aircraft tug to play with and restore.

My driveway is getting paved.

I finally found the D panel to my FJR, and bought a replacement ballast for my left HID.

I found that my left wing can be easily repaired, and my right wing fuel tank actually was not ruptured and can also be repaired.

I also found a donor kit to replace the mangled parts of my totaled airplane. I could be flying my F1 Rocket again by summer.

The insurance check to reimburse me for the hull value of my Rocket is in the mail.

Some feeling is starting to come back on the left side of my head. The plastic surgeon did a terrific job.

So far, Anthem has paid all but about $1700 of my medical bills following my accident. And that should be covered by my aircraft insurance. I paid off all the doctors... on my birthday.

My buddy let me fly and land his Cessna 172. We had fun. It's actually been warm and sunny here for a change. Nice flying (and riding) weather. Love this time of year!

Worst thing this week was I had to mow grass. Now that ain't bad at all!

Compared to other recent weeks, this one was a doozy! On the good side! :yahoo:

Hey!!!!!!! I got a great idea [ possibly even inspired] I'll bring the pharmaceuticals, I've heard they make a great chaser!!!!!!!!!! See yeh at EOM. Dave

Ray, sorry to hear of you troubles, hope this helps......

never mind....

Looks like I cannot make EOM after the racing wreck last week. Broken wrist, severe ankle, knee and neck sprains. However my uvula is fine and I know I don't have a vulvula. Will miss you guys - was really looking forward to it.

Looks like I cannot make EOM after the racing wreck last week. Broken wrist, severe ankle, knee and neck sprains. However my uvula is fine and I know I don't have a vulvula. Will miss you guys - was really looking forward to it.
Dude!

If yer not up to riding, cage it down and bring a camera to document the parking lot ... um ... events. :weirdsmiley: And drink beerzzz. :drinks:

Hope yer wrist an ankle and knee and (WTF...) neck heal up good as new.

Glad to hear your whatever-vula is fine. :blink:

Thought I would give update from worse week in history - last week got cast off right wrist and started a new job (while still getting severance from old job - cool). Neck pretty well healed, knee and ankle still little sore 10 weeks after accident at track. Took FJR out sunday for an hour ride :yahoo: . While wrist started 'talking to me" during the ride it magically felt fine as I accelerated out of every corner :D Also got all the parts from ebay to put the race bike (99 sv 650) back together.

Cannot wait for spring - or at least some nice weather to go ridding again.

Glad things are turning around.

How ironic, 12yr old just asked me yesterday what that thing hanging i back of the mouth was, couldn't remember for nothing. Well, that's solved now....Vulva ..I'll have to remember to tell him later, becuase Dad's have to know everything....right?

How ironic, 12yr old just asked me yesterday what that thing hanging i back of the mouth was, couldn't remember for nothing. Well, that's solved now....Vulva ..I'll have to remember to tell him later, becuase Dad's have to know everything....right?
hay teach...come here and let me tell you something...<pointing inside mouth> "do you like my VULVA ???"

How ironic, 12yr old just asked me yesterday what that thing hanging i back of the mouth was, couldn't remember for nothing. Well, that's solved now....Vulva :blink: ..I'll have to remember to tell him later, becuase Dad's have to know everything....right?
uh, you might want to re-read the thread before you give your son that answer. :unsure: Just a thought.

---------

Ray, glad to hear your recovery is going well. Take it easy. Healing is the important part.

If It makes you feel a little better, I was cleaning gutters a month ago and the ladder slipped out on me. I fell about 12ft and fractured my right leg in 10 places. Wasn't two years ago I dodged a deer on the bike and broke my left leg. So now i'm sporting titanium in both legs. might get back up and around by January.

Your son telling the teacher about his uvula will impress, telling bout vulva might get trip to principals office.

Ray, glad to hear your recovery is going well. Take it easy. Healing is the important part.

If It makes you feel a little better, I was cleaning gutters a month ago and the ladder slipped out on me. I fell about 12ft and fractured my right leg in 10 places. Wasn't two years ago I dodged a deer on the bike and broke my left leg. So now i'm sporting titanium in both legs. might get back up and around by January.

Wow - sorry to hear about you fall. at least now you are "symetrical". Hope you heal soon. Good thing is not peak of riding season, and you may get out of any snow shoveling.

Your son telling the teacher about his uvula will impress, telling bout vulva might get trip to principals office.
Yes, some vulva's will always cause one more problems than a uvula on almost any given day :unsure: !!!

doctorj

Have they paved Nelson Ledges in the past4-5 years. Washboards when I was there last.
Still pretty wash boarded in quite a few turns. Turn 4 washboard is what helped me loose it, but it has always been there so the track was not the issue - had some old tires that washed out driving me into the big bumps off line.