• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

WTB - '05 Rt. Saddlebag

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RsvlFeej

RsvlFeej
Reaction score
Managed to low-side my '05 (blue) yesterday at the blistering pace of about 20-25 mph and need a new/used right side saddlebag, please.

Thanks,

RsvlFeej

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lovely right bag on Ebay for a decent price. Problem is... it's not the right color.

Speaking of color... have you thought about painting the one that you have? I hear that forum member Garauld does an outstanding job w/ the painted plastic schtuff for a fraction of what you'd pay for a new bag. Drill out the rivets & send him only the top to be painted.

I will be sending him work, myself at some point this summer.

Last edited by a moderator:
There is a lovely right bag on Ebay for a decent price. Problem is... it's not the right color.
Speaking of color... have you thought about painting the one that you have? I hear that forum member Garauld does an outstanding job w/ the painted plastic schtuff for a fraction of what you'd pay for a new bag. Drill out the rivets & send him only the top to be painted.

I will be sending him work, myself at some point this summer.
Thanks for the suggestion, luvtoride. Mine isn't holed and therefore should be paintable but I'm trying to replace it quickly since I have an appointment - 600 miles away - early next week. Figured it's better to check whether someone has one gathering dust than to go straight to the oem dealers. If no bites in the next few days, one of madmike2's suggested vendors https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php?s...e+search+engine will be getting a call.

Had a buddy buy a new bag about a week 1/2 ago. Yamaha had it in stock & reported that it would take 10 days to get to him. You might want to check on that if'n you're in a hurry. Waiting for someone to give up a used bag might pinch the time that you have left.

Good luck w/ your quest, Heidi

Yikes! Didn't factor in nearly that much shipping time - figured tops would be 2 -3 days.

Thanks for the heads up,

Patrick

Hwy 49N between Bassetts and Sattley about 3-4 miles after the crest (Yuba Pass). 15 mph right-hander I've done at least 20 times in the last 5-6 years. One contributing factor was the 2 - 3 corners before were clean and in good condition. There was sand visible on the inside of the wreck corner for the first 18" or so, which I avoided by a good margin.

Other contributing factors, in order:

I had realized earlier in the day that I wasn't "on" but rather than listening to the little voice telling me to go home to play again another day (probably because I so rarely get to play on a weekday) I had merely adjusted my speed down a notch.

Mediocre tires (new set ordered a week before, but couldn't get into the shop to get them installed).

After I got the bike picked up (with help from a passing BMW rider - on his way to Montana, I believe), I walked the corner to see what I had missed (and to make sure I got all my bike bits picked up) and had trouble seeing the sand further inside the 1st 18" - it was distributed so as to blend quite nicely with the road surface.

I watched a dozen or so bikes safely negotiate the corner while I waited for my pickup (built a Cadillac of a loading ramp into the hill too, since I had a couple of hours), so I'm pretty sure the cause was cranial-rectal inversion on my part.

Take care,

RsvlFeej

I'm looking for the inside part of the saddlebag, since mine got a hole blasted in it from some road debris. Let me know if you are thinking of getting rid of yours if you win that auction.

I have some ABS and am going to try a repair on mine and see how that works out, but I may be interested in buying your rashed bag if you aren't planning on using it... :)

I'm looking for the inside part of the saddlebag, since mine got a hole blasted in it from some road debris. Let me know if you are thinking of getting rid of yours if you win that auction.
I have some ABS and am going to try a repair on mine and see how that works out, but I may be interested in buying your rashed bag if you aren't planning on using it... :)

The one on ebay went for too much $$ for the shape it was in, so I lost the bid. I'm going to look into getting mine painted before I jump into buying a new one (best price I've seen so far was about $480 (or $380 for the outer shell only)).

I'll keep your request in mind once I decide what to do.

The one on ebay went for too much $$ for the shape it was in, so I lost the bid. I'm going to look into getting mine painted before I jump into buying a new one (best price I've seen so far was about $480 (or $380 for the outer shell only)).

I'll keep your request in mind once I decide what to do.
Sounds good. Thanks!