ZUMO 550 & XM Radio

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RED

Reaction score
After subscribing to XM radio, buying the GMX 30 reciever and Scala G9; it was only then I learned that the ZUMO 550 will not transmit the XM radio via Bluetooth. What a bummer. Thats what I get for not reading the GPS manual before hand. <_<

I think you can get a seperate bluetooth for the 550, not sure what the part # is, I use my Big Ears custom buds.

Last edited by a moderator:
After subscribing to XM radio, buying the GMX 30 reciever and Scala G9; it was only then I learned that the ZUMO 550 will not transmit the XM radio via Bluetooth. What a bummer. Thats what I get for not reading the GPS manual before hand. <_<
I had the sme issue for the same reason (not reading the manual). I tried a couple different bluetooth dongles, but was never happy. I stuck with wired earbuds.

Not sure if its too late to exchange but I believe the Zumo 665 does. However the antenna for XM is also different (but is included in the box)

665 does transmit in stereo. 550 only in 'headset mode, mono' - can use a dongle - but I too found it to be a pain in the ass. Bought a 665. Meh. Its a little less glove friendly, and the first one didnt really work. But I am happy now.

665 does transmit in stereo. 550 only in 'headset mode, mono' - can use a dongle - but I too found it to be a pain in the ass. Bought a 665. Meh. Its a little less glove friendly, and the first one didnt really work. But I am happy now.
I'm glad you mentioned that, cause I looked at Garmin's website and after reading about the 665, I wasn't sure if it transmitted the signal via bluetooth or not. I've had my 550 for about five years and don't plan on getting a new one anytime soon.

Last edited by a moderator: