SW Wisco Spin!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

0Face

Reaction score
How about a Spin around SW Wisconsin? It could be the Last Hurrah of the season.

Saturday October 25th. Blackhawk Motel in the Dells. Kick Stands Up 8am.

I will most likely take Friday off and run up the long way and meander back home on Sunday.

Rooms are $70 for two queen beds, $60 for two double beds. That's the going rate. We've been here a few times the last couple of years and the Motel is great, food is walk-able. You can park right outside the room and they always make sure to put Gramps & Joe in a different building.

I'll throw together a route in the next few days. Expect it to be 300-350 miles, which means we'll probably do 275...

I'm really not organizing anything other than to say I'm gonna be there and you're welcome to burn dinosaurs with me.

Spinners:

0face/Marty

Griff/Carl

Gramps/Marc

Cav47/Josh

Last edited by a moderator:
Wish I could join - Woman and I just went up to toronto this weekend... was an incredible trip, with some extremely beautiful colors to be taken in....

Hogh speed Ferry Milw to Michigan - Tech Weekend, then off to Toronto - hit Niagra, back to Toronto, back to Grand Rapids MI, and ferry back to Milwaukee.... 1300 miles logged.....

Hope you guys have a great ride !!!

I'll be doing the same. See you Friday.

If Joe throws another fit on the freeway we may have to put him in another county.
rolleyes.gif

I will most likely take Friday off and run up the long way and meander back home on Sunday.

Looking like just us "three amigos", nobody from up north here seems to be able to go.
Man, I would love to ride with you guys as the weather is holding out well for this time of year. Looks like they are forecasting sunny and mid 60s. That would sure make a great break in ride before winter for the replacement Tenere. Its too bad I'm still trying to get stuff done that I should have done months ago.

Looking like just us "three amigos", nobody from up north here seems to be able to go.
Man, I would love to ride with you guys as the weather is holding out well for this time of year. Looks like they are forecasting sunny and mid 60s. That would sure make a great break in ride before winter for the replacement Tenere. Its too bad I'm still trying to get stuff done that I should have done months ago.
Well I think you should put that "stuff" off for just a few more days Kevin.

You're welcome to stay at my place coming down & going back if that helps.

I really think you need to do this last ride of the season.
smile.png

Been thinking about this ride since it was posted up. I thought about going to Harrison Arkansas the same weekend. Was kinda waiting to see what the weather was like in both places. Harrison says 68. The Dells says 59 degrees.

I have no cold weather gear. Am I going to freeze? The Dell are about 100 miles closer and there is already a group ride scheduled there.

Looks like I better just dress warm.

Ly. Dress warmly.

I thought I'd better say it before mcatrophy bursts an aorta.

We don't want any injuries to our UK friend.

Oh, btw Griff, there is no passing lane left of the farthest left lane on the freeway.

JSNS

Here's the 10 day forecast for Wisc. Dells. Lows in the 40's Friday, Sat. & Sunday.

I tend to wear my electrics below 50 degrees...I know I'm a wimp. But if you dress

in layers & you may stay warm enough with the sun being out. I think you should

try to make it.

Capture.jpg

I am in for sure. I rode some miles today with temps around 50. I survived with the gear I have no problem.

Looking for a room tomorrow. Or share one.

Will head up Friday. Maybe try to hook up with one of the Chicagoland boys on the way up.

Sounds like a great time.

Oface, thanks for putting this together.

Oh, btw Griff, there is no passing lane left of the farthest left lane on the freeway.JSNS
Wait a minute - this is advice for that nut case from the far north who apparently isn't going to make it. Maybe Gramps can fill in for him.
bike.gif

I am in for sure. I rode some miles today with temps around 50. I survived with the gear I have no problem. Looking for a room tomorrow. Or share one. Will head up Friday. Maybe try to hook up with one of the Chicagoland boys on the way up. Sounds like a great time. Oface, thanks for putting this together.
I was waiting to see if anyone else was going to make it to share a room. I'll call today & get one reserved.

And no I will NOT fill in for Joe's crazy. He does that very well for everyone.
no.gif

Reservations are made Cav so we'll see you this Friday.