2014 Rumours... CFR on 'da rock' ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That's funny..................I needed a laugh. I also plan to take my old boots from the WV trip so I don't ruin my new ones
sick.gif

Canadian FJR

Sorry...... Rob can't hold a candle compared to Scott Of course I have known people that have slept beside steam generators at a nuclear plant
Rob isn't bad when he's got his CPAP machine. Without, he gets it rocking pretty good.

Now Jim on the other hand. I think he's got the Norse God of Thunder living in his throat. I've never heard anybody snore as loud as that guy. At least on his one side, the other, he's not bad.

Booked 3 nites @ HIE DeerLake, Thurs Aug 14 - Sat Aug 16.

Itinerary (w guidance from Ray):

Depart CNY Sat AM Aug 9

Sat Aug 9 -> Vermont

Sun Aug 10 -> Mt.Washington area to Maine

Mon Aug 11 -> Sherwood Inn; Fredericton NB (Ray, Stan and myself are going to sip some pints with Ms. MEM on her turf!)

Tues Aug 12 -> Cabot Trail Motel; Baddeck NS (2-nites)

Weds Aug 13 -> Ride the C'Trail w Ray's routing.

<catch ferry> It's either a nooner 8/14 or a midnite 8/13. Since DeerLake is only 3 hrs away from Port/?

Thurs Aug 14 -> Ride up- DeerLake, buy beer eh, and get ready for a Newfy Screech-in and great libation.

Sun Aug 17 -> Departure to ferry; back to N. Sydney.

I have all room ressies confirmed. I need to make the Ferry ones yet, waiting on Ray to analyze our schedules/times.

Looking forward to an epic trip! I've been to N.Scotia but never Newfoundland. It's always the most exciting when going to new places and from what I've learned, Newfoundland is amazing and the people are simply great too :) Can't wait.

Special thanks to RaYzerman for the set-up, CanadianFJR for suggestions way back when ....well, when this was just a dream.

KJ & Steamer

I heard you're bringing the Cod! ....It can't be no stink'n Amerk who performs the screech ceremony.
wink.png
We will get my niece to perform the ceremony since she now works in St John's, NL. You haven't been properly Screeched In until you had it done by a Polish Newfie.

Last edited by a moderator:
I heard you're bringing the Cod! ....It can't be no stink'n Amerk who performs the screech ceremony.
wink.png
We will get my niece to perform the ceremony since she now works in St John's, NL. You haven't been properly Screeched In until you had it done by a Polish Newfie.
Steamer is Polish also.... sounds like an Invasion! :)

And yes, Stan-lee is in. So we'll now have the fastest rider and bike w us. Don't believe me?, just ask him! lol

Any thoughts on a ride for the Saturday? Rob an I will be rolling off the ferry around 7:00am.

Personally, I would like to do the Western Brook Pond boat tour on Sunday on the way North.

Canadian FJR

Dam I want to do this trip...... Looks like leaving the night of the 7th or early on the 8th is when I'd leave. It's about a 1300 miles to St Johns one way. So round trip it's a good 2000 mile plus trip. Heard weather is sketchy but some beautiful country. Only one I really know is KJ.

Pretty quiet here lately, what is the final head count of folks attending?

• Hollywoodgt
  • Canadian FJR
  • fjrob1300
  • Yamafitter
  • Huron52 & his better half
  • Top_Speed1
  • Canucklehead-biker
  • beemerdon

Canadian FJR

• Hollywoodgt
  • Canadian FJR
  • fjrob1300
  • Yamafitter
  • Top_Speed1
  • Canucklehead-biker
  • beemerdon

Canadian FJR
What day/time ferry are y'all - except for Papa- taking?
I'm looking hard at Wednesday midnight so I can hit the ground running - so to speak - on Thursday.

No ferry reservation yet

Edit: just saw you and Rob (Friday midnight)

I am planning to be there sometime but probably only for a day. My Newfoundland plans don't allow for more than one (maybe two?) days/nights in Deer Lake even though I am planning to be on "The Rock" for 7 or 8 days. Still have no idea when I will arrive - haven't made hotel or ferry reservations yet. Might try for the opening night festivities - Wednesday midnight crossing, a leisurely ride out to Rose Blanche when I get off the ferry (recommended if it's a nice morning!!), Port au Port circuit and arrive in Deer Lake dinnertime Thursday. It will depend on work, the weather and what, if any, hotel space is available by the time I decide. If I can't make Thursday night, I will try for Saturday night.

If anyone is interested in touring a little off the beaten track with some camping before, during or after CFR let me know. I am planning to post up my itinerary (and some recommended routes) sometime this week once I have had a chance to fix the dates for my trip.

• Hollywoodgt
  • Canadian FJR
  • fjrob1300
  • Yamafitter
  • Top_Speed1
  • Canucklehead-biker
  • beemerdon

Canadian FJR
Talking to Don a few weeks ago and it looks like he is out for Newfoundland but you forgot RaYzerman. We didn't really ask for a head count so it will be a surprise when we get there. I can't leave here till Monday morning so I will probably join up with the group on Cape Briton Island on Wednesday. I need to talk to Ray and get the lowdown on what is happening.

Dam I want to do this trip...... Looks like leaving the night of the 7th or early on the 8th is when I'd leave. It's about a 1300 miles to St Johns one way. So round trip it's a good 2000 mile plus trip. Heard weather is sketchy but some beautiful country. Only one I really know is KJ.

Actually it's more like 1600, miles to Cabot Trail, NS. So I'd image that it's going to be a 4000 mile plus endeavor. I wonder where the farthest person is coming from?

Spoke to Top Speed and he's going to get me info on where to meet up and hotel arrangements etc. if all goes right and nothing gets in my way or if I can't get a room then I'll be SOL. This will be the furthers ride ever, I've done on the FJR. Thinking the Sargent is being upgraded to a Laam or Russel seat for this one or adding a air hawk or something.

It would of been cool if some of the group was getting down towards Middleton NS. I have a buddy of mine that's a Canadian and Vet that owns a Harley/ Motorcycle shop (works on all kinds). Great guy and would of got a kick out of the group. Maybe I can get him to ride to one of the ride locations. Good to know anyway about his Shop in Middleton.

Actually it's more like 1600, miles to Cabot Trail, NS. So I'd image that it's going to be a 4000 mile plus endeavor. I wonder where the farthest person is coming from?

Spoke to Top Speed and he's going to get me info on where to meet up and hotel arrangements etc. if all goes right and nothing gets in my way or if I can't get a room then I'll be SOL. This will be the furthers ride ever, I've done on the FJR. Thinking the Sargent is being upgraded to a Laam or Russel seat for this one or adding a air hawk or something.

It would of been cool if some of the group was getting down towards Middleton NS. I have a buddy of mine that's a Canadian and Vet that owns a Harley/ Motorcycle shop (works on all kinds). Great guy and would of got a kick out of the group. Maybe I can get him to ride to one of the ride locations. Good to know anyway about his Shop in Middleton.
Hold off on my plans that I emailed you...

It sucks but as you know, Debbie has put the hammer down! I have to decide between CFR, NAFO and EOM. Right now I'm thinking I can combine both NAFO & EOM as 1 trip and tell her it's just one big loop with 2 weekends ;) It's fair b/c CFR was going to encapsulate 2 weekends anyway. ........thinking still. I of course wanna do (and have planned) all 3.

Womenz! ugh!

I've got a reservation on the midnight boat on the Wednesday.

I'll be on the KLR and doing the TransLab afterwards and then home via Northern Quebec etc... should be in Halifax around the 11th.

Griff