2014 Rumours... CFR on 'da rock' ?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm out. Other commitments got in the way and it has not gone well this month to clear them out of the way.

I have made ferry reservations for the night of the 13th but no hotel booking yet. I'm not 100% sure what nights I will be in Deer Lake so I have been reluctant to book. I have camping gear with me if a last minute booking (when I get there) doesn't work out. I am thinking the night of the 14th and the night of the 16th in Deer Lake (expect to be near St. Anthony on the 15th).

Pretty quiet here lately, what is the final head count of folks attending?
  • Hollywoodgt
  • Canadian FJR
  • fjrob1300
  • Yamafitter
  • Huron52 & his better half
  • Top_Speed1
  • Canucklehead-biker
  • beemerdon

Canadian FJR
I have to follow suite and bow out as well.

Ray bailed and we were going to meet him at MEM's place prior, MEM then bailed (on the trip) and now I see Billy's bailed. I can't blame just my connections for all opting out, my g/f has tightened my noose around my sack as well. After I got back from Minneapolis she started the "I miss you too much, trim some of your trips" ...game. Oh well, P-W I am sam.

Look forward to all the reports, and I truly & sadly will miss all the peeps and fun
sad.png

-KJ

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty quiet here lately, what is the final head count of folks attending?
  • Hollywoodgt
  • Canadian FJR
  • fjrob1300
  • Yamafitter
  • Huron52 & his better half
  • Top_Speed1
  • Canucklehead-biker
  • beemerdon

Canadian FJR
I have to follow suite and bow out as well.

Ray bailed and we were going to meet him at MEM's place prior, MEM then bailed (on the trip) and now I see Billy's bailed. I can't blame just my connections for all opting out, my g/f has tightened my noose around my sack as well. After I got back from Minneapolis she started the "I miss you too much, trim some of your trips" ...game. Oh well, P-W I am sam.

Look forward to all the reports, and I truly & sadly will miss all the peeps and fun
sad.png

-KJ
You know KJ your Papa Chuy Viejo could take Debbie to Maui for a week if that helps you attend CFR Newfoundland, it's the very least a K16 Brother could do! JSNS!

So, is there an updated tally of people who are planning to attend? It seems that there has been some attrition in the ranks.

I expect to be on the Wednesday night ferry to Port aux Basques and, if the weather is decent, will make my way up to Deer Lake by dinnertime. (Via Rose Blanche, Codroy Valley and Port au Port)

I will be in Deer Lake Thursday night and (I think) on Saturday night (Friday at the top of the Northern Peninsula) . After that, I'm headed eastward to St. John's (with some side trips) and a return ferry on the night of the 23rd from Port aux Basques.

Don't forget Ride Reports guys... make me jealous of what I'm missing!

And Don, I thought you were flying up for CFR, how can you be taking Ms Debbie to HaWhyHee at da'same time!?

Don't forget Ride Reports guys... make me jealous of what I'm missing!
And Don, I thought you were flying up for CFR, how can you be taking Ms Debbie to HaWhyHee at da'same time!?
Really bummed Miss Donna and I can't attend CFR Newfoundland, I know "The Rock" will be a great event. Before I croak I have to ride to Newfoundland, eh!

Unless there are a bunch who haven't posted here, it looks like no more than a half dozen bikes. Maybe I would hesitate to call it a "CFR" but I'm pretty sure anyone who goes will have a great time. Less on the partying and riding twisties and more on the sight-seeing, food, culture and people. My 10 days in Newfoundland will be spent covering much of the Island; focusing on some of the places off the beaten track that I have not seen in previous trips (plus a re-do of some favorite routes). I expect to be camping most nights as long as the weather permits. I will probably only do one night in Deer Lake. Haven't made hotel reservations due to uncertainty in plans - if they are full, I may not be spending ANY nights in hotels.

Newfoundland is a unique experience and I am very much looking forward to this trip. I am headed out tomorrow morning as soon as I can get myself organized. Route to the ferry at North Sydney will depend on when I manage to get away from Fredericton. I may leave the Cabot Trail route for the return trip and take an alternate path along the Bras d'Or Lake in Cape Breton. Just want to get to the ferry terminal before dark.

Have a safe trip Ross and others. Hope the weather is good and you guys take it all in, well as much as possible anyway.

Report in
smile.png

6 hours of rain to start out with. Man O man I hate starting in the rain!!!!!!!