2016 Is Official 6-spd, Slipper, LEDs, Analog Tach, Price

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks like they might of added a pass function to the lights on the 16. I have not seen no one mention that yet. Not a game changer for me though. I just wish I could set my cruise higher then 80!
My North American '14 had a flash-to-pass option, so I don't think it's new at least from that year. Maybe they added it along with the higher CC limit.

ha. its on my 13, I just never used it. i guess that explains why no mentioned it. I heard from a 15 owner he can set his cruise higher then 100.

I was afraid they were going to release a 2016 FJR with some enormous triple engine.
uhoh.gif

So is this officially Gen 4?
I wouldn't say that....not even close IMO. BTW, I don't think there is an "official" generation ever bestowed by Yamaha. Generations are a designation the marketplace tended to apply after the MAJOR structural and styling updates in 2006 and harmonization of North America with the rest of the world on model year designation. I don't think one more gear or lighting updates constitute a major structural change nor have there been any significant styling changes.

And I will still be designating it as Gen 3 in the matrix.

Last edited by a moderator:
Well I am glad to see they addressed the transmission. No more cherclunk. It needed it. Now what they seemed to have completely forgoten about is the mirrors.

We are still looking at our elbows.

Overall they just made a great bike even better once again.

Dave

Now what they seemed to have completely forgoten about is the mirrors.We are still looking at are elbows.
Mine show my left and right lanes just fine without the elbows. Don't know what everyone complains about, they work just fine.

I also don't get the fascination with self canceling signals.

I'd like to see the grip warmers made optional. Be nice to put aftermarket grips and warmers on there because I hate the grips the heated grips come with and don't want to wrap crap around them. I sure as hell don't want to cut off such an expensive part either. Give me the cost savings of the system off the price of the bike.

Also, make unified brakes either optional or an option to turn off in the menus. Let me work the brakes myself thank you.

Sorry, when people jump up and down sayin it needs more bells and whistles...they start doin it to please their base.

Therefore, heated grips and unified brake systems...

...I didn't think I would like it, but I do.

Sorry, when people jump up and down sayin it needs more bells and whistles...they start doin it to please their base.
Therefore, heated grips and unified brake systems...

...I didn't think I would like it, but I do.
TPM....

Come on....

:)

Sport touring lives on!

Love the new goodies, but I wonder why the increase to first and second gear ratios? It will probably ding the off-the-line feel and 0-60 times. On my wish list for next time is radial calipers. The current ones work fine but look 90s. And since it's wishing time, throw in a 190 rear tire, an extra 100cc, 20 hp and 10 lb. ft. of torque. I know there's no needing, but the wanting is still there.

I wasn't really worried, though. While adventure bikes will always have a niche market, its current appeal (IMHO) will likely turn out to be a bit of a fad. The evolution of many "adventure" bike models has been a slow mutation toward, well... sport touring. For those that drive a $20-25K or more motorcycle on pavement 99.99% of the time, fingernail windscreens, little or no weather-protective fairings, buzzy engines, aggressive tires that are done by 2500 miles, and $10K of unused off-road options, it gets old. So, each iteration of adventure bike seems to be solving problems the FJR solved long ago.

The new FJR rocks.