Alaska 2016

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Preparation is the key Auburn. With Panman's trailer bearing experience and now yours, spares are a good idea. Sounds like y'all have everything under control and are seeing the sights!

Be safe.

--G

After the trouble I had getting the right bearing I kept the old ones for limping in. The bearing number at NAPA came up with a ID of .6875 as I recall and mine is a .625. I think that is correct it anyhow. That would make it worse on the road if you weren't prepared.

Last edited by a moderator:
Preparation is the key Auburn. With Panman's trailer bearing experience and now yours, spares are a good idea. Sounds like y'all have everything under control and are seeing the sights!
Be safe.

--G
Stopped into Alaska Bearing in Anchorage, (discovered I left the spare ones at home). Picked up 8 bearings, went across the street to the auto shop and had them pressed in. $55 for 8 bearings (now have 4 spares) and $51 to install in two wheels - total time 1 hour. Now that is service.

We are in Seward for the next 2-3 nights with day excursions.

I should add to my preachy mcpreacherton report that:

I never rode a street bike until I picked up FJR #1. I posted that interesting first ride report back then. I learned everything I know mechanically for it from the forum and my riding knowledge from my peeps: panman, niehart, escapefjrtist, auburnfjr, and others. FJR #1 never recovered from a thorough washing...but #2 is putting on the miles...

Thx fellas.

Drinks tomorrow at the freedom fighter bar...my kid got us a place to stay in Seward at the Seward Military Resort. Amazing facility. AMAZING.

Sounds like the Adventure all right, The tracker doesn't leave many crumbs so sometimes I worry whenever I see the crumb by a lake for to long. Never no when the Beamers will try to go swimming.

It's been a week now, right? You retired guys really know how to make a fellow jealous.

FJR #1 never recovered from a thorough washing...but #2 is putting on the miles...
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

Great to read you have wonderful sense of humor over a deadly serious event!

Drinks tomorrow at the freedom fighter bar...my kid got us a place to stay in Seward at the Seward Military Resort. Amazing facility. AMAZING.
I was trying to figure out where you were staying because the goggle does not tell what that site is. Sounds like a good deal and a awesome place.

"FJR #1 never recovered from a thorough washing...but #2 is putting on the miles..."

Take about planing ahead and being prepared, Dave even took the two best swimmer of the bunch with him.

Thanks for sharing your adventure to all of us, it's well received, to those of us that are experiencing perpetual Groundhog Day. :fool: