Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
RC65,

Hook up with some of the PNW crowd. They're a good bunch and I'm sure one of them will let you ride his FJR - just to make your mind up. You can check out the farkling at least.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Who cares what the color is. I'm waiting for a GEN IV. The Gen III styling was a big miss for me. YMMV

You might want to check-out the Yamaha Demo Truck.

Dave posted:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/162882-yamaha-demo-truck-i-90-motorsports-may-15th-16th/

Save the date! On May 15th & 16th, I-90 Motorsports will be hosting the Yamaha demo truck. Take the opportunity to try the latest Yamaha street bikes such as the FZ-09, FZ-07, Bolt, FJ-09, Super Tenere, YZFR-3, YZFR-6, FJR1300, Stryker, Raider, and V-Star 1300.

We will have special event pricing on all Yamaha's in Stock! Snacks and beverages provided! Live music on Saturday and plenty of door prizes to be had so come on down and see us!!

I-90 Motorsports
200 NE Gilman Boulevard
Issaquah, WA 98027

I heard we were going to get 4 color choices and the choice of the run of the mill inline 4 or the long awaited v 8 with either a 6 or 7 speed trans.

I know it's way early but Zilla told me he's seen proof.
I have, but shuddddddup. We can't to telling everyone the 2016 color is going to be 'womb" for everything but the V8. That's going to be orange and black and be loud as fuck, in an effort to save some lives!
So is that the color of the inside of the womb, or the outside?

It matters.

Who cares what the color is. I'm waiting for a GEN IV. The Gen III styling was a big miss for me. YMMV
Amen brotha! I just may have another bike in my garage if Yami hits it right. I'd love to say goodbye to the expensive Beemer, but Mama has a lot of homework ahead of them, and screw the theory of "we have to keep it reasonable pricing wise". Screw that Walmart mentality! Yes, I wanna be back in the Yamaha camp!!!

Gawd...All of those colors except the orange SUCK!! Even that orange isn't that good; although, on the big Ninja, it rocks!!

RC65, that is the most awesome 'apology' post I have ever seen! Nice work!! LOL!!!

I heard we were going to get 4 color choices and the choice of the run of the mill inline 4 or the long awaited v 8 with either a 6 or 7 speed trans.

I know it's way early but Zilla told me he's seen proof.
I have, but shuddddddup. We can't to telling everyone the 2016 color is going to be 'womb" for everything but the V8. That's going to be orange and black and be loud as fuck, in an effort to save some lives!
So is that the color of the inside of the womb, or the outside?

It matters.
Well, outside is just too random, so let's go with inside. Someone needs to photoshop that!

You might want to check-out the Yamaha Demo Truck.
Dave posted:

https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/162882-yamaha-demo-truck-i-90-motorsports-may-15th-16th/

Save the date! On May 15th & 16th, I-90 Motorsports will be hosting the Yamaha demo truck. Take the opportunity to try the latest Yamaha street bikes such as the FZ-09, FZ-07, Bolt, FJ-09, Super Tenere, YZFR-3, YZFR-6, FJR1300, Stryker, Raider, and V-Star 1300.

We will have special event pricing on all Yamaha's in Stock! Snacks and beverages provided! Live music on Saturday and plenty of door prizes to be had so come on down and see us!!

I-90 Motorsports

200 NE Gilman Boulevard

Issaquah, WA 98027
Way ahead of you...I plan to demo the FJR this weekend.
smile.png

I suspect it's going to be as awesome as I suspect...even if it's not orange.

yolo-tank-front-268x268.png

Out of curiosity, what did they miss? From my admittedly layman's / newbie's perspective on the bike, it looked like a decent upgrade from Gen II without ruining the spirit and look of the bike...

Out of curiosity, what did they miss? From my admittedly layman's / newbie's perspective on the bike, it looked like a decent upgrade from Gen II without ruining the spirit and look of the bike...
That's another whole NEPRT thread!

6 speed transmission

1400 (or 1600) cc engine

More/better colors; harder paint

Better weather protection

Improved seats

Built-in satellite navigation

LED headlights

Cooler exhaust

Less weight

Pick as many as you would like from the above list and add a few of your own. All have been part of the new model speculation for quite a few years.

Edit: By the way, don't start the speculation on anything other than color for at least another three years. Yamaha is doing pretty well with the Gen III and won't do much expensive re-engineering the platform until it starts to suffer in terms of market share!

That seems like a fair list.

I have sat on one, and, yes, wasn't impressed with the seat...then again, I've yet to encounter a stock seat on any of my bikes that impresses me, and I've had to replace every one thus far with a Mustang. I just tend to (regrettably) incorporate that into my purchase budget.

Having not ridden one, I can't comment on engine size, weather protection, weight, etc., but I'll take your word for it that those issues could be improved. The 5-speed transmission and gearing that I understand is not very high/tall does concern me a bit, I have to admit...high rev / buzzing at highway speeds is the reason I ditched my Vulvan 900 in favor of the bigger bike I have now. I don't want to revisit that problem again.

Amen about the paint and more/better colors: we need orange! Seriously, though, I do find it kind of puzzling that Yamaha adopts the Henry Ford axiom of making it available in any color the customer wants as long as it's (the color for that year). Granted, most bike lines are limited in their color options from year to year, but typically there're at least a couple colors to choose from.

Don't get me wrong. There is very little wrong with the FJR. It is the best all-around bike I have owned. The above list was posted (mostly) in jest. These have been discussed ad nauseum and will be for the forseeable future.

I am really liking the "Magenta Movement" and the "Purple Rain" If I could buy the purple on and maybe order a new set of bags in the magenta...
smile.png

Niehart, that Demo Ride leader may have a lot of miles on FJRs but I doubt he can answer any questions. He is dumb as dirt. Here is a shot of him in action. Note the confused look.

I'm on the west side...in fact, I'm just down the road from you in Redmond, so am planning on hitting that first event, in Issaquah @ I-90. Looking forward to finally getting some seat time on one.

RC, take advantage of Demo days at both I-90 and Skagit...more seat time the better.

Don't get me wrong. There is very little wrong with the FJR. It is the best all-around bike I have owned. The above list was posted (mostly) in jest. These have been discussed ad nauseum and will be for the forseeable future.
After three FJRs I couldn't agree more!

--G

The HOT New's is that it will be Kawasaki Puke Green,,,,,,,,,I wouldn't trust that unscrupulous charather in those pics.. What the hell would He know about FJR's after around a million miles on a couple of them...... Bastage.

Status
Not open for further replies.