Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Prismatic --

multichrome_kits.jpg

I'm saying 5 pages before this thread dies a death it deserves.
Now Bust, that isn't fair. Don't you remember the ending shootout scene in The Unforgiven? The one where Eastwood shoots Hackman with that Spencer .56 carbine?

Hackman says, "I don't deserve this. I'm building a house."

Eastwood says, "Deserves go nuthin' to do with it."

It deserved to end up in NEPRT. It deserves both the ridicule and the respect it is getting. We all deserve a good laugh and the OP deserves the sarcasm and the quality information.

For 2016 FJR will come in the U.S. only in the "retro" color of Cerulean Silver. Yamaha figures only old bastids buy FJRs anyway, and we tend to be a nostalgic bunch of old fuks. ;)

Not only will it be Liquid Silver...it will come over on the boat...and you know those boats sometimes have whoopsies...so if you want one, be sure to pay the dealer $500 now and wait....wait....wait...

After I put my new windshield on, my wife commented on how nice the bike looks. Then said something about how a silver one would be awesome. Then she said, "But you've done so much to this one, how can we get rid of it?" That's when I explained the idea of putting stuff on that I can take off. She said, "Ooooooh. Good!"

A silver-ish 2016 could end up in my garage. Lol...

Now Bust, that isn't fair. Don't you remember the ending shootout scene in The Unforgiven? The one where Eastwood shoots Hackman with that Spencer .56 carbine?

Hackman says, "I don't deserve this. I'm building a house."

Eastwood says, "Deserves go nuthin' to do with it."

It deserved to end up in NEPRT. It deserves both the ridicule and the respect it is getting. We all deserve a good laugh and the OP deserves the sarcasm and the quality information.
Good point Andrew so I'll add a bit more.

Back in the day when noobs asked aboot Differential lube or Oil, inevitably one of the seniority members would advise to "use whale jizz"...

So out of respect for that sentiment I think it should be offered in "Whale Jizz" White.

They never follow up a grey with another grey...

Liquid Grapite 2015

Yellow Cab. 2016

...and the OP (me) is wise enough to take the sarcasm of some with a grain of salt and good humor on one hand, and appreciate the quality information provided by others on the other.

In my defense, though, I did do several forum searches for the answer before posting, using a variety of search terms, none of which resulted in any hits...there's only so much a newbie to any site can do before risking ridicule.

^^^^^ That right there tells me this guy has already acquired the Elephant Hide and sense of humor that will serve him well here.

FWIW The search engine here has pushed 3 of 4 pistons through the crankcase.. Google search ..... FJR Forum for best results.

You'll still have to wade through a load of crap but 90% of the irrelevant stuff won't get caught up about your feet tripping you into the shitpile.

I wouldn't trust that unscrupulous charather in those pics.. What the hell would He know about FJR's after around a million miles on a couple of them...... Bastage.
Unscrupulous???? This from a guy who sneaks into polar bear dens while they hibernate and sexually abuses them? Yeah stop throwing stones you old bastage!

whistle.gif
finger.gif

FWIW - usually no mention of info comes around until middle of October......

Last year, I was seriously chomping at the bit for a different color then RED, and get zero info until Oct 15th....

Good Luck....

This outta make the Packer fans puke!
GenII in Viking Purple
smile.png

FJR-Gen2_violet_zpsd7jugm77.jpg
Get Alan Page, Carl Eller, and Joe Kapp to sign the tank of that thing, and I might even buy it.
I'm on it, #11 may be the tough one in that bunch tho. We may have to substitute in a 'Fran the man' and we would also have to have the big kahuna 'Bud Grant' on 'er as well along with "I went the wrong way" Jim Marshall.
smile.png

Last edited by a moderator:
^ ^ ^ I love the dark blue look.

I'm tempted a bit by the '12 model, as I do like blue bikes a great deal (in fact, my current ride is blue), but if I opt for a FJR I'm opting for the Gen III so unfortunately it's not in the mix. Would love to see a deep, dark blue offered.

Status
Not open for further replies.