Any rumor on the 2016...?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Bronze

FJR_Gen3_dkbronze_zpsy09g8ajv.jpg

^ ^ ^ I love the dark blue look.
I'm tempted a bit by the '12 model, as I do like blue bikes a great deal (in fact, my current ride is blue), but if I opt for a FJR I'm opting for the Gen III so unfortunately it's not in the mix. Would love to see a deep, dark blue offered.
If you have the $$...there are some excellent professionals on the board that may do that for you...if color is a big thing. ol R90S burnt orange isn't a bad idea though.

This outta make the Packer fans puke!

GenII in Viking Purple
smile.png

FJR-Gen2_violet_zpsd7jugm77.jpg
Get Alan Page, Carl Eller, and Joe Kapp to sign the tank of that thing, and I might even buy it.
I'm on it, #11 may be the tough one in that bunch tho. We may have to substitute in a 'Fran the man' and we would also have to have the big kahuna 'Bud Grant' on 'er as well along with "I went the wrong way" Jim Marshall.
smile.png
Fran was a weenie that ran for his life. It's tough and mean Joe Kapp or go home. Bud Grant would be awesome though. I loved how he would come out in his dress jacket on 36 degree below zero days and tell the punks to toughen up.

^ ^ ^ I love the dark blue look.
I'm tempted a bit by the '12 model, as I do like blue bikes a great deal (in fact, my current ride is blue), but if I opt for a FJR I'm opting for the Gen III so unfortunately it's not in the mix. Would love to see a deep, dark blue offered.
If you have the $$...there are some excellent professionals on the board that may do that for you...if color is a big thing. ol R90S burnt orange isn't a bad idea though.
If I were to ever do an aftermarket paint job, dark blue would certainly take a back seat to the burnt orange lust that started off this whole thread.

4 pages worth in a little more than 2 days?

Bust is using nouns and verbs in the same sentence?

You guys are slacking, big time.

I'll check back in after a few more days....

(P.S. - The Suzuki burnt orange is BEAUTIFUL, IMO)

Dark blue was done only 4 years ago. Seems like Blue is the color they use on the last year of each generation. The 2005 was blue, and so was 2012.

Though, blue IS nice.

davefjr2.jpg

I can PSP any image to basically any color/wheel and sheen, I was thinking of doing a Pink one, just for my healing buddy Don Stanley. Not b/c he would ride it, just cuz he would have the imagination to vision the woman who would! Creative minds
smile.png

FJR_Gen3_hotpink_zpsj6ugdyhd.jpg

Oh yeah... hubba hubba and JS' 'NS!

Last edited by a moderator:
*snip* I can PSP any image to basically any color/wheel and sheen,
A guy that lived across the street when I was a kid bought a brand new 69 Chevy Z28 in bright Hugger Orange.

That has been my favorite car color ever since.

I've always wondered what my bike would look like. Maybe like a KTM... lol

Can you do that?

Please?... :)

*snip* I can PSP any image to basically any color/wheel and sheen,
A guy that lived across the street when I was a kid bought a brand new 69 Chevy Z28 in bright Hugger Orange.

That has been my favorite car color ever since.

I've always wondered what my bike would look like. Maybe like a KTM... lol

Can you do that?

Please?...
smile.png
Any color, any sheen, anythang! But, I don't know what that Orange looks like. More Red (or the Yellow side) than this, more metallic? less as this is pretty heavy already, man, so many variables
smile.png

On what Gen Bike? the color wheel has only about 22,000 colors in it. Most of what we call a shade different is in reality about 50 shades as our eyes just can't define the "tweener" colors.

orange_zps93e4p2ps.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Here's a 2 minute paint job (another words a quick stab at it). Variations would be forthcoming if you were serious about really painting your bike.

FJR_Gen3_orange_zpsc9w54vnm.jpg

No, brighter than that.

Think KTM orange.

I may do it some day just to piss people off... lol

Loud paint saves lives...

:)

Remember the vectored in shadows, fools the mind on an overall take on the color. Look at the light reflected areas, but here ya go, even brighter....

FJR_Gen3_orange2_zpsxovku4et.jpg

Plus I'm hosting these on photobucket, so these are low-rez images.

If I get paid, then the game gets intensified (or deflated... if I'm working for New England). ;)

That is a cool color on the gen3, not my flavor but pretty cool none the less.

Imo, I think it's threads like these that generate interest and yamaha does seem to pay attention, to some things from the forum... Except self canceling signals lol

Remember the vectored in shadows, fools the mind on an overall take on the color. Look at the light reflected areas, but here ya go, even brighter....
FJR_Gen3_orange2_zpsxovku4et.jpg
Makes my OEM "Sakhir Orange" look quite red! (this is my real paint job btw...)

pu_day_03-01-14_a_zps4836733e.jpg

But when a '14 Red FJR is parked next to her, she goes back to being Sakhir Orange. It's quite astounding how you/we perceive these (close to some folks) colors, but once there is a comparison (to scale things up)... it all comes out as an easy defined difference. Brain games for the eyeballs!

Status
Not open for further replies.