CFR 2010 Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Been watching you crazy northerners in your planning. This one is going to be too close to miss.

My only concern is that you block out enough space for everyone. It really sounds like there are a lot of folks interested and (as I recall) you were limited last year by the number of rooms. I, for one, won't be able to make the call until much closer to the event.

Or, I guess I could just make a reservation and cancel it if I have to bail out.

Anyway, this post will get me subscribed to the thread for easy watching... ;)

Last edited by a moderator:
I am planning to attend the Central meeting then on to the Canadian meeting. Looking for ideas on a route to do this. Given the free days it doesn't have to be the "quickest". I usually ride about 400 miles per day, depending on the roads, say about 6 to 7 hours.
Any suggestions more than welcome.

Thanks

Longrider
Northern shore of Superior is nice....Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie ...keep going EAST and you'll be in Ottawa (HWY 17)
Fixed it for ya! (we might have to stage another event in the 'Peg if you send them all West!)

I am planning to attend the Central meeting then on to the Canadian meeting. Looking for ideas on a route to do this. Given the free days it doesn't have to be the "quickest". I usually ride about 400 miles per day, depending on the roads, say about 6 to 7 hours.

Thanks

Longrider
Northern shore of Superior is nice....Thunder Bay, Sault Ste. Marie ...keep going EAST and you'll be in Ottawa (HWY 17)
Fixed it for ya! (we might have to stage another event in the 'Peg if you send them all West!)
Ya beat me to that fix Dave. I was wonderin why noone corrected that sooner.

Been watching you crazy northerners in your planning. This one is going to be too close to miss.
My only concern is that you block out enough space for everyone. It really sounds like there are a lot of folks interested and (as I recall) you were limited last year by the number of rooms. I, for one, won't be able to make the call until much closer to the event.

Or, I guess I could just make a reservation and cancel it if I have to bail out.

Anyway, this post will get me subscribed to the thread for easy watching... ;)
We're gettin close to opening the registration gates. :yahoo:

Although we purposely limited the size of the rally last time, there should be plenty of room at the inn this go round.

My suggestion is register early to make sure you get in and near the top of the rooming priority list.

We "crazy northerners" are a pretty easy going bunch and have a pretty liberal cancellation policy. ;)

Thanks

Longrider
Here's a suggestion Google Map

Incomplete post.

See more below.

Thanks

Longrider
Here's a suggestion Google Map

The highlights;

The Delta Diner, stunningly good food it the Wisconsin north woods

Porcupine Mtn. St. Pk Michigan, Lake of the Clouds and the south shore of Lk Superior

Ontanogan MI, cuz it's just plain fun to say and the south shore of Lk Superior

Houghton MI, the Library brew pub

Gay MI, the Gay Bar

Copper Harbor MI, at the tip of the Keeweenaw Peninsula, Brockway Mtn Pkwy, M-26, M-41 all fabulous roads

Eagle River MI, The Jam Pot, jams , jellies and fruit cake to die for made by monks in the Michigan north woods

Grand Marais MI, the Dunes Saloon home of the Lake Superior Brewing Co.

Pictured Rocks National Shoreline, one of those hidden jewels of the National Park system

Whitefish Pt. MI, the Shipwreck Museum

In Ontario, Hwy 546 to the Mississagi Provincial Park I've heard this is a good side trip

South Baymouth ON, a nice ride to get a good look at Lk Huron

Then from Sudbury East someone else will have to take over. If any of this interests you let me know and I can fill in the details.

In Ontario, Hwy 546 to the Mississagi Provincial Park I've heard this is a good side tripSouth Baymouth ON, a nice ride to get a good look at Lk Huron
I dunno who told you 546 was good. Its a raging pile of crap on an FJR. Hell, its a piece of crap on a dirt bike!

In Ontario, Hwy 546 to the Mississagi Provincial Park I've heard this is a good side tripSouth Baymouth ON, a nice ride to get a good look at Lk Huron
I dunno who told you 546 was good. Its a raging pile of crap on an FJR. Hell, its a piece of crap on a dirt bike!
Ok, scratch 546 local knowledge rules. So now we need a good route from Sudbury East any ideas Bungie.

Ok, scratch 546 local knowledge rules. So now we need a good route from Sudbury East any ideas Bungie.
My bad. I just double checked, 546 is the western portion of the Deer Trial = good road! Be careful on that one though, especially in the May and June (lots of sand left over from winter).

For some reason, I thought it was the road between Searchmont and Hwy 129.

...So now we need a good route from Sudbury East ...
Any route, in any direction, OUT of Sudbury is a good route! :dribble:

(Regardless of how straight or rough it is! :p )
Agreed.

As we get closer to departure date, we'll see whose coming through and we'll get a little group going on some of the more interesting roads :p

I was thinking about rounding up the folks coming in from the West on the Sunday Night and then leading them a merry dance on the Quebec back roads from Ottawa to Mt Tremblant.

There is a Best Western in Renfrew Ont which could be a good meeting point as there is a convenient crossing point (Ottawa river) there.

If you don't mind roughing it we can offer a beach \ hot tub barbq about 40 mins from there. We have lots of carpet and room for tents but very limited spare bed space.

If people are interested in the Best Western let me know and I'll try and set up a group rate.

Chris

I was thinking about rounding up the folks coming in from the West on the Sunday Night and then leading them a merry dance on the Quebec back roads from Ottawa to Mt Tremblant.
There is a Best Western in Renfrew Ont which could be a good meeting point as there is a convenient crossing point (Ottawa river) there.

If you don't mind roughing it we can offer a beach \ hot tub barbq about 40 mins from there. We have lots of carpet and room for tents but very limited spare bed space.

If people are interested in the Best Western let me know and I'll try and set up a group rate.

Chris
Holy crap...this ride from CFO to CFR is sounding more fun by the minute. Wish I could be a part of it. Who knows...maybe the economy will turn around and things won't be so "on edge" job wise by then.

If I make it...it would be a last minute decision for sure. You kids have fun. :clapping:

Chris
Holy crap...this ride from CFO to CFR is sounding more fun by the minute. Wish I could be a part of it. Who knows...maybe the economy will turn around and things won't be so "on edge" job wise by then.

If I make it...it would be a last minute decision for sure. You kids have fun. :clapping:
C'mon Wheatie. Won't be the same without you. We'll keep our fingers and paws crossed for you - and we have lots of those (paws I mean) here at 778 in Freddy!

Chalk up another "southerner" to the list of attendees. I have now officially added this event to my 2010 ride itinerary. I might have to hook up with COTA and COTAJR for the ride up. I may hit Niagara Falls and the finger lakes of NY on my way back down to Long Island if anybody is interested.

Oh Boy! It's 2010! Getting excited for the upcoming season...

And I'm sensing that a major announcement is imminent! ;)

ps - If I can get the southern Maine contingent out of bed, perhaps we can ride together this time. Just sayin' ....

O.k............you caught me hibernating, MEM. The announcement has my attention now.