CFR 2010 Official Announcement

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We're already looking forward to it for sure!
We both speak absolutely NO French, so we're looking at learning at least some basic phrases before the rally.
Just be careful because the Quebecois can be pretty tricky. Don't let this happen to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
ps - If I can get the southern Maine contingent out of bed, perhaps we can ride together this time. Just sayin' ....

Um...would you be refering to anyone in particular? :sleepysmileyanim:

Probably me, sorry to say. Charlie is the prompt one.

I was thinking about rounding up the folks coming in from the West on the Sunday Night and then leading them a merry dance on the Quebec back roads from Ottawa to Mt Tremblant.
There is a Best Western in Renfrew Ont which could be a good meeting point as there is a convenient crossing point (Ottawa river) there.

If you don't mind roughing it we can offer a beach \ hot tub barbq about 40 mins from there. We have lots of carpet and room for tents but very limited spare bed space.

If people are interested in the Best Western let me know and I'll try and set up a group rate.

Chris
I would be interested in the Best Western option on Sunday night. Right now it looks like I'll be riding up through the back roads of Eastern Ontario from the Toronto area on Saturday. If anyone wants to tag along let me know.

For us foreigners from the south, should we exchange some greenbacks for that colorful stuff you guys use before we come up, or is it easier to do that once we get there?

For us foreigners from the south, should we exchange some greenbacks for that colorful stuff you guys use before we come up, or is it easier to do that once we get there?

If you really need CDN cash I personally would visit an ATM just after you cross the border, if your bank is on one of the major systems i.e PLUS then your card will work.

A lot places will take US cash at par (they loved that when we were 0.80CDN : 1 USD) but everywhere will take your credit card for large purchases.

As for the what the CDN \ USD rate will be in June I have no idea, the dollar is bouncing up and down a lot at the moment.

Chris

I was thinking about rounding up the folks coming in from the West on the Sunday Night and then leading them a merry dance on the Quebec back roads from Ottawa to Mt Tremblant.
There is a Best Western in Renfrew Ont which could be a good meeting point as there is a convenient crossing point (Ottawa river) there.

If you don't mind roughing it we can offer a beach \ hot tub barbq about 40 mins from there. We have lots of carpet and room for tents but very limited spare bed space.

If people are interested in the Best Western let me know and I'll try and set up a group rate.

Chris
I would be interested in the Best Western option on Sunday night. Right now it looks like I'll be riding up through the back roads of Eastern Ontario from the Toronto area on Saturday. If anyone wants to tag along let me know.
Noted, so far your the only one to respond, if the numbers are small then you might as well stay at our place and we can ride out together.

Chris

Chris, Son Seth (13) and I've been talking to Geezer about riding up with him from New York State to Quebec City on Sunday 6/20. Seth's Aunt and Uncle, Julie and John Pasmik, will be riding with us on their H-D Road King. We figure we'll roll into QC at 1500 hours. Any recommendations for lodgings and activities that evening?

Chris, Son Seth (13) and I've been talking to Geezer about riding up with him from New York State to Quebec City on Sunday 6/20. Seth's Aunt and Uncle, Julie and John Pasmik, will be riding with us on their H-D Road King. We figure we'll roll into QC at 1500 hours. Any recommendations for lodgings and activities that evening?

Sorry I don't know Qubec City at all, FJR Pierre may have some idea's.

Chris

Mega Fireworks festival

https://www.internationaldesfeuxloto-quebec.com/en/ Free! Best place to watch it is on Notre-dame street east to the Jacques-Cartier Bridge. Cool thing is; They let motorcycles drive down thought blocked streets.

Logging is way cheaper in Laval just past Montreal!

Chateau St-Martin; By HWY 15 in Laval

https://www.lestmartin.com/laval_boutique_hotel.html

Plenty affordable good restaurants on St-Martin for the 3rd of the Montreal prices. At least the half.

Steaks, Italian, Sushi… But more quit area. Suburb type and not much bars full of Broads! Nice peoples regroup downtown Mtl west of St-Laurent St! And West of that St. Language is not an issue at all!

On your way back; you might like to stop to Montreal International Jazz fest. Starting on june 25th.

https://www.montrealjazzfest.com/default-en.aspx

Lost of free street activities.

Wow, Maximus; thank you so very much! We Stanley Boys really appreciate all of this information and these links. Laval it is for lodging then. Seth loves fireworks!!!

Don, In case you haven't seen this type of competition before, the fireworks are synchronized to music. Looks like Italy is on the 19th. They always put on a good show. Might be worth buying tickets to go to La Ronde to watch!

Maximus, How is the sound from the vantage points on Rue Notre-Dame?

FJRGuy and Maximus, starting to look like 1 night in Montreal/Laval is not going to be enough. Seth and I have all of June and July off, will stay more days in Quebec!

I was thinking about rounding up the folks coming in from the West on the Sunday Night and then leading them a merry dance on the Quebec back roads from Ottawa to Mt Tremblant....

Chris
Haven't responded yet as I don't know who will be joining my ride (or visa versa) yet. Current planning shows I could join you on Sunday night, but that could change. A piece of carpet always works for me! :D

I'm planning on being at my brother's in Oakville on Saturday night. Was looking at slabbing to Bowmanville area then up the 115 to the 7 and on to Ottawa. What would that be? Bout an hour to Bowmanville then 3 to 4 to Ottawa? I was thinking of an early afternoon departure.

US Cash is pretty much universally accepted up here, particularly at tourist areas. At current rates it's not such a big deal if they take at par. You'll save on the exchange fees.

Maximus, How is the sound from the vantage points on Rue Notre-Dame?
You can easily hear the music from cars and mobil homes around

Best place to park is down to Fullum St. dead end. (My spot).

Even a Cantine is on the spot for coffee, donuts...

FJRGuy and Maximus, starting to look like 1 night in Montreal/Laval is not going to be enough. Seth and I have all of June and July off, will stay more days in Quebec!
Then you must consider visiting Quebec city an get a night at

https://www.fairmont.com/fr/frontenac

And while your up there why not riding up to Charlevoix area and consider the Manoir Richelieu

https://www.fairmont.com/fr/Richelieu/

or few of charming bed & breafast

Charlevoix area is (I would say like Switzerland) lots of hills, spectacular scenery. Most popular attraction is boat rides by the whales. Yes yes whales!

Just search on internet for Charlevoix area or what to see in Charlevoix.

Noted, so far your the only one to respond, if the numbers are small then you might as well stay at our place and we can ride out together.

Chris
The missus and I are interested in the Sunday night pre-meet meet-up.

We'd be interested in the Best Western as well.

When are most people planning to arrive? Sunday is Father's Day so it may be early and early Monday morning start for me. That would make an early evening arrival. I just don't want to miss anything.

Canadian FJR

When are most people planning to arrive? Sunday is Father's Day so it may be early and early Monday morning start for me. That would make an early evening arrival. I just don't want to miss anything.
Canadian FJR
Was planning on heading up early Monday morning (can't miss Father's Day again!). It's about a 7 hr shot from here, so early Mon afternoon arrival at the rally.

You're welcome to stay here Sunday night - we have room (also any other east Canada folks - MEM, Gypsy, NS Rider?). If we run out of room here, we can kick Charlie's door in and start tossing folks in.. :lol:

Canadian FJR
Was planning on heading up early Monday morning (can't miss Father's Day again!). It's about a 7 hr shot from here, so early Mon afternoon arrival at the rally.

You're welcome to stay here Sunday night - we have room (also any other east Canada folks - MEM, Gypsy, NS Rider?). If we run out of room here, we can kick Charlie's door in and start tossing folks in.. :lol:
Hmmm..... have to look at the Event schedule again. Father's Day not an issue here although it IS my SO's birthday (which I celebrated last year at the CFR rally closing dinner :rolleyes: )

OTOH, I WOULD like to ride with you guys ....

Latest posts