Come drink some POISON!

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Totally in and totally psyched. :bike: :bike: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: :punk: (then ride home feels like :bike: :bike: :bike: :bike:

I have come upon a Maple Farkles aux tank that is now on the bike and itching to run... I was looking at it closely and it says S/N 1 - do I seriously have the first one?
Did you somehow score Peter's tank? I believe it was Alan Rider's which was the first. I think I have #6. You should take that little rig to SOCAL and visit. 47 hrs and 51 minutes : Ocean City, MD to Oceanside. DAMHIK.

Just teasing. I was trying to open you up for a "Lady? Where?" comment. Geez.

Yes, I believe it was Peter's. Does that mean it's the first one?

Practice, practice, practice... Getting better!

20140125_151803_zpsmm2mzg65.jpg

I need some help. After the Poison rally my wife is flying out and I am meeting her in Great Falls, MT and we are going to Glacier NPT, Yellowstone, Vail and then I will be dropping her off at the Denver airport. I need some where to store my AUX and or maybe get it to Denver ( friends house ) to pickup after I drop the wife in Denver. Is there anyone living in the area that I could leave the AUX tank with or a way maybe to ship it to Denver?

Anyone know of a good shop in Ely to get tires changed at. I am going to be riding 6100 miles to the start and may want to put on fresh tires even though I get over 20K on a set ( car tire in the rear ).

Anyone know of a good shop in Ely to get tires changed at. I am going to be riding 6100 miles to the start and may want to put on fresh tires even though I get over 20K on a set ( car tire in the rear ).
I don't know if it's still there, but there was a powersports store on the main drag, kinda east of the Hotel Nevada if memory serves. Can't even remember the name of it, so you're welcome fer nuthin! Might be better off making arrangements in Utard or Vega$ if you're coming that way.

Looking forward to seeing you though, it's been a while.

I used Wright's Motorcycle Parts and Accessories in Salt Lake City in 2012 when going to the EODZA Rally in Ely.

I contacted them in advance and was in and out in no time. They even shipped my old tires back to Florida for me as they still had

considerable life left.

https://wrightsmotorcycleparts.net

Walt

I don't know if it's still there, but there was a powersports store on the main drag, kinda east of the Hotel Nevada if memory serves. Can't even remember the name of it, so you're welcome fer nuthin! Might be better off making arrangements in Utard or Vega$ if you're coming that way.

Looking forward to seeing you though, it's been a while.
It will be good to see you also.

What is everyone else doing to be sure they have fresh tires at the start. I guess I am going to ship tires out and would like to find a place to change them if not maybe I will ship wheels with tires already mounted. I have 2 rear wheels but not a front one so I will need to borrow one or something if I go that route.

Greg,

I had my tires swapped out in Salt Lake City for the 2012 10'n10 rally. They had a different charging ($) system than most shops here.

I was used to here, where if you buy the tire from them (Premium $) / they mount it free. Out there where I went you paid their premium price for the tire

AND they charge you an arm & a leg for installation. It would have been much cheeper IF I had dismounted the tires myself though.

…. Lesson learned.

You don't think a fresh set of tires would last you from south Florida?

Greg,I had my tires swapped out in Salt Lake City for the 2012 10'n10 rally. They had a different charging ($) system than most shops here.

I was used to here, where if you buy the tire from them (Premium $) / they mount it free. Out there where I went you paid their premium price for the tire

AND they charge you an arm & a leg for installation. It would have been much cheeper IF I had dismounted the tires myself though.

…. Lesson learned.

You don't think a fresh set of tires would last you from south Florida?
Tony,

I am not riding "straight" to Ely and as it is it is a 2800+ mile ride if I did ride straight there.

I will need tires when I get there. I guess I may need to send already mounted tires but I wish I could find something there as the tires I will be on will be pretty used up.
winksmiley.jpg

To bad no one is showing up with a tire changer.

I used Wright's Motorcycle Parts and Accessories in Salt Lake City in 2012 when going to the EODZA Rally in Ely.I contacted them in advance and was in and out in no time. They even shipped my old tires back to Florida for me as they still had

considerable life left.

https://wrightsmotorcycleparts.net

Walt
I will check them out, thanks.
+2 on Wrights. Shipping wheels both ways will probably cost more than getting a set mounted there. And only 245 miles away. Elko has a bike shop as well, and is ~50 miles closer. But I'd suggest calling ahead to make sure they have what you want when you get there.

So I guess I am going to ship tires out to Ely as I can get them shipped direct for free and save $200+ on tires and I will need to find a way to mount them there. I am arriving early, June 17, so I will have time to get them mounted. I may even bring my spoons and do it myself. My biggest issue is I run a car tire on the rear and many motorcycle shops will not mount a CT on the wheel. My local dealer does and so does the local Tire Kingdom.

I just mounted new tires this week but I am planning a long ride out, more than double than my direct route.
winksmiley02.gif

Is anyone brining any tire changing gear to Ely?

Can you mount a car tire on that bike with spoons? Last time Brian Roberts had spoons and a bead breaker with him. Might want to ask him if he can bring them, if he's taking the truck down. He might even have a balancer as well, if you're lucky :lol: