Damn ....... It did it again

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hope your issue is fixed by the ECU flash. If that doesn't do it, then it could be the bike is pissed at having only 7600 miles. :)

Hope your issue is fixed by the ECU flash. If that doesn't do it, then it could be the bike is pissed at having only 7600 miles.
smile.png
LOL. It shouldn't be pissed at me though. I bought this one (my third FJR) used last August with 5200 mi on the clock. It's now at 8600 and will have a whole bunch more by the time I've had it a whole year.

FYI - the fault code 14 reads: "Intake air pressure sensor: hose system malfunction (clogged or detached hose)." Not sure how that is related to the cruise control.

I had my 2013 in for tires last Saturday. It is VIN 337. The flashed the ECU at this time. This may be all in my head but, the bike seems slower/sluggish. It seems flat. Anyone else that has had the ECU flash experience this or am I ........

I had my 2013 in for tires last Saturday. It is VIN 337. The flashed the ECU at this time. This may be all in my head but, the bike seems slower/sluggish. It seems flat. Anyone else that has had the ECU flash experience this or am I ........
Why did they flash your ECU??

It's in Sport mode.

My vin is 337. They checked it and did the update. I'll be on for a couple hundred miles this weekend and see.

Thanks, Ray

My VIN is 236. Bought the bike barely used last year. One long trip last year - DFW to Spearfish, SD and the long way back. No problems. Any way for me to check if the ECU reflash has been done?

Why did they flash your ECU??
It's to eliminate a clitch in the CC (nothing to do with the 80m/hr restriction) and only on 2013's I had mine done without any issues.

Did you check your tire pressure after the dealer installed tires? They are infamous for under inflating them.

My VIN is 236. Bought the bike barely used last year. One long trip last year - DFW to Spearfish, SD and the long way back. No problems. Any way for me to check if the ECU reflash has been done?
Easy, have a dealer run the VIN or call Yamaha directly to check if the work has been done.

--G

Had mine start flashing on a ride last Sun. Dropped it off at a dealer on Tue they called me Thu and indicated it was a sticking front brake switch and it's being covered under my YES.