Festar's Assault

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Bend Oregon, my Bridgestone BT 23 OEM tires lasted only 4,800 hard miles.

New Michelin Pilot Road 4's tomorrow morning. Changed oil today.

Brian had a fun day, new front tire installed by and at FJRay's. Rear comes tomorrow.

Then we troubleshot his neutral indicator problem.

The entire Yamaha FJR is assembled around this switch. Found a bad switch and some unusual wiring to band aid repair the problem. Switch replaced and his bike will be back together tomorrow before noon.

Crater lake tomorrow and another night in Bend.

Wednesday we will set out for Mt Raineer then Port Townsend WA followed by a run down the coast to San Francisco, then the Western FJR Roundup in Sparks. Following the Western we intend to head North again hitting Lolo Pass enroute to West Glacier for a run to the sun. Following that we have no idea but have to be in Sturgis by July 28th to start our Rally Jobs.

Looking forward to meet in any of you along our way. Post here or PM either Festar or I.

Festar approves this message

Got the last tire and mounted it last night. Brian still has an electrical gemlin but it doesn't affect riding the bike. I think they are heading north this morning.

Breakfazt in Detroit OR after a fantastic traffic free run over McKenzie Pass on fresh rubber which is not so fresh now!

On to Mt Rainer via Hood River.

Ellensburg or Yakima this evening.

Much more pleasant temps this morninv after the heat we experienced gokng to Crater Lake yesterday.

Festar & Bigjohnsd made 432 miles in 8:58 today from Bend Oregon to Packwood WA.

We spent no more than 30 minutes on 2 numbered Highways. Mostly Forest Roads!

Probably the best motorcycling day I've ever had.

Thank you FJRay for the route recommendation. Mt St He!end via Windy Ridge was awesome.

We were the only traffic over McKenzie Pass, met only one pickup, who was in Festar lane (boo hiss).

New tires worked great on both bikes, Festar has Pirelli Angel GT,

Bigjohnsd got Michelin PR 4. Both have only minimal remaining "Safety Strips".

Hard to believe but we managed to cross Oregon from West to mid east and from South to North and received no performance awards!

Mt Raineer and points North and West tomorrow.

One super amazing days ride today from Bend Oregon to Packwood, Washington. Close on 450 miles via the fabulous Mckenzie Pass and various Forest roads including NFR 99 up to Mount St Helens. Stunning views and even better roads. Definitely the most enjoyable 12 hours in the saddle I have ever taken. I would like to sincerely thank FJRay and his better half Pattie for their hospitality, help and advice. Ray was most generous with his time and knowledge. When BigJohnsd and I kept Ray too late in the workshop Pattie ran the BBQ then invited us for dinner. Ya can't beat that.

In a few years, I hope to take a 2-month (or longer) tour of the country to celebrate my 1st retirement. When that happens, are ya'll going to take as good care of me as Festar? If it will make a difference, I'll put a light bulb in my mouth and try to light it.

I am so envious of this thread. It's what I dream of.

Awesome trip Festar. Ray and Patti are great people. When Bambi took out my FJR on Windy Ridge Ray was one of the first to call and offer to come get me and my bike.

A visit to Rays shop is always a good time.

Awesome trip Festar. Ray and Patti are great people. When Bambi took out my FJR on Windy Ridge Ray was one of the first to call and offer to come get me and my bike. A visit to Rays shop is always a good time.
I know Bugsy,

One of the worlds true gentlemen. You can sense that just talking with the guy for a short time. He loaned me his FJR when mine was off the road, fed me and offered me beer until I accepted. I didn't dare tell him I have no licence and wanted by the law for stealing motor bikes.

One of the worlds true gentlemen. You can sense that just talking with the guy for a short time. He loaned me his FJR when mine was off the road, fed me and offered me beer until I accepted. I didn't dare tell him I have no licence and wanted by the law for stealing motor bikes.
lol.gif
lol.gif
Oh you are going to fit in this bunch of degenerates just fine.

Last edited by a moderator:
I just stumbled across this thread as well... sounds like you are having a fantastic trip which we all would know to be true... both because of the roads and the amazing friends that you are making along the way... it is a great bunch here and you still have the California contingent yet to meet... and that's a horse of a different color!! :lol:

See you next week! B)

I just stumbled across this thread as well… sounds like you are having a fantastic trip which we all would know to be true… both because of the roads and the amazing friends that you are making along the way… it is a great bunch here and you still have the California contingent yet to meet… and that's a horse's ass of a different color(brown!)!
laugh.png

See you next week!
cool.png
+1, Gunny; also, Fixed.

Last edited by a moderator: