Goodbye Andre

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I had a few "chats" with Andre.
He gave tips on racing and we chatted on his attempt to start a business.

I teased him on the gayness aspect and we joked at the narrowminded view people take on issues.

Godspeed Andre and my condolances to Ed
Yes it's always a sad thing for a human to lose their life, but please don't use this as an oppotunity to voice your opinion of others views or feelings one way or the other.

Let just leave it at it's sad that a life was cut short.

I really liked Andre. He was gay, and this forum, for the most part, is anti-gay. So I found myself in the curious position of really liking Andre for his being, and felt badly about all the anti-gay bashing on this forum. Yet I did not have the courage to stand up for him.
This now, really makes me sad.

Any services info?

God Bless, Andre.
I am drawn to Andre (and Ed's) blog during this difficult time. At first, the gay thing bothered me, but I took the time to read many of Andre's posts here and his blog. I learned something and developed a feeling of celebration for Andre's life, empathy for what he was and had to go through, and the good fight in him, and care for others, and sense of humor. A well grounded good man with the same good "human-ess" we all have, the same needs, wants, and desires we all have. I'm saddened by his passing, and send prayers and good karma to Ed and all of Andre's family.

RIP Andre...may the roads and race tracks be as great an experience for you to ride forever where you are.

I also meet Andre down at the tech meet, we shared some thoughts on what he was going thru as I lived it with my good friend. I was sad when he let us know that he wouldn't be going as they would be removing his lung the Monday before we left for CFR.

Rest in peace Andre.

Andre had registered for CFR, but his ill health prevented him from attending. RIP Andre

Last edited by a moderator:
I never meet Andre but he rode with us so that makes him one of our brothers, A very sad day indeed, much mojo goes out to his family and friends.

I always thought his posts were interesting and thought he had a lot to offer -- insights rather than BS about motorcycles, technique and racing. Never knew he was gay, nor would it matter.

Andre's post about not being able to go to CFR somehow stood out in my mind, but I didn't read the follow up on why. I recalled something from around the time he joined the forum about him having health problems, but didn't know what it was. Now reading his blog, I see what it was -- the same disease my Mom has been diagnosed with after going into the hospital when I was in Nakusp. So sorry for Ed.

RIP, Andre.

Oh, hell. Prayers to Ed and the others who loved him.

I lost a close cousin to multiple myeloma a couple of years ago. Vicious disease. One that researchers seem to be homing in on, but too little too late for now.

Godspeed.

Going to miss him, the moral support he gave when my wife was battling her cancer is still much appreciated. RIP Andre, I for one am going to miss you. I wanted so much to meet and thank you for your support on my next trip to the Seattle area.

Going to miss him, the moral support he gave when my wife was battling her cancer is still much appreciated.
+1, he was a great help to me when my dad passed away a year ago from acute leukemia. In a few words he swung my perspective around so I could start to think of moving on...

I was soooo looking forward to seeing him at CFR.

RIP Andre. He was always quick to offer advice and support to those, me included, who had friends/family stricken by cancer and more specifically multiple myeloma.

Horribly sad news. Never met Andre but condolences to his family and friends. Godspeed FJR bro.

Heidi

And on a short note, I am always amazed when reading the incensitive words that a ton of the owners on here put on display. There are a good many here that should be embarrased of showing their ignorance in public.

I am always amazed when reading the insensitive words that a ton of the owners on here put on display. There are a good many here that should be embarrassed of showing their ignorance in public.
Are the ignorant aware of their ignorance?

Kind of a Catch-22....

I am always amazed when reading the insensitive words that a ton of the owners on here put on display. There are a good many here that should be embarrassed of showing their ignorance in public.
Are the ignorant aware of their ignorance?

Kind of a Catch-22....
I am thinking not... but the first hint for those that aren't sure is adding one letter to the word "gay" does not make it less offensive or less ignorant. I will not again post to this thread. I am already sorry about the unintentional hijack. It was something that needed to be said, though.

I am thinking not... but the first hint for those that aren't sure is adding one letter to the word "gay" does not make it less offensive or less ignorant.
But how are we going to ridicule those with clean bikes without offending the innocent?

I met Andre years ago at Texas World Speedway during a CMRA race where I'm sure he was working on one of his CMRA championships he won while on a race team the called "Out N Out Racing". How apropo. :) He did not hide the fact he was gay. His personalized plates on his RC51 was WFF, for Worlds Fastest Fag. That was Andre.

I got to know him a little bit better years later when he contacted me about starting a chapter of the Texas Sport Bike Association in Dallas. He drifted away from that group for a while, but came back a few years later and at a time I was struggling with my own personal issue of accepting whom I am. As some here have found out from Andre personally, and others through his writing, he could say a lot with a few words. I can only wish that I could be as succinct as he could in the written form. We did not alway see eye to eye, but I certainly respected the man, as I know he did of me.

He helped keep me in the closet for as long as I needed, eventually helping me get out of it and realizing that my fears of abandonment by friends was nothing more than that, fears. It's not mattered one bit, that I'm aware of, to any of my riding buddies as it shouldn't. Being gay is a part of who I am, but does not define me.

He and I both had some of life in common in that he was closeted (and married) at one time, and most recently that we both were in relationships that we knew were for a lifetime. We both also had Philipino partners and had always intended on getting together after he and Ed moved from Dallas to Seattle. Time flies by and things change and it never happened.

I'm grateful to have had people like Andre in my life, even if it's only for a few years. I am the fortunate one for having known him and will always be grateful to him for his words and giving soul. That and we could tear up some Hill Country roads! :)

As we go through life we meet a lot of individuals from school, to work. Moves to different cities, participation in associations, etc. We meet a lot of individuals and make friends. Most come and go, but there are always a few in life that you will never forget no matter. Andre was one of those.

May the wind be in your face, the sun at your back, a scooter of your choice under you and a sign reading "Twisty Roads for Eternity" in front of you my friend.....

Status
Not open for further replies.