Picked-up the 2015

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Abercrombie, sorry about the $100. I think the Black levers with Red adjusters look pretty good on my '09. RFH, I can't be positive about the bushing or lack thereof but I will check this afternoon when I get home. It could be the design has changed. I haven't noticed any difference at all in the smoothness of operation or fit between the original and the 2Wheels levers so for this naturally thrifty Northwesterner they were a no brainer.

Not to continue the hi-jack, but are y'all sure you're talking about the same bushing?

I have Pazzos and knock-offs from 2wheels. The pivot / bushing for the clutch push-rod moves over to the new levers, be it Pazzos or 2wheels. Neither aftermarket lever has a bushing for the lever pivot like the OEM. Keep the pivot lightly lubed and IMO, it's not a big deal.

...now back to regularly scheduled programming!
smile.png

--G

Last edited by a moderator:
Not to continue the hi-jack, but are y'all sure you're talking about the same bushing?
I have Pazzos and knock-offs from 2wheels. The pivot / bushing for the clutch push-rod moves over to the new levers, be it Pazzos or 2wheels. Neither aftermarket lever has a bushing for the lever pivot like the OEM. Keep the pivot lightly lubed and IMO, it's not a big deal.

...now back to regularly scheduled programming!
smile.png

--G
That exactly describes what I have. The bushing for the push rod transferred over. The lever pivot is where the difference lies.

Andrew, you're gonna have to send a picture, because apparently no one has any idea what the heck you're talking about. Either way, unless your levers are binding or not working properly, I don't think I'd worry about it.

I really like those frame sliders, I think they look great and I am going to order a set for myself!

Good discussion on the levers. I look forward to upgrading mine soon.

Weather has either been bad or not much time to ride... but for the miles I have traveled, I am really enjoying the 2015. I believe it's a much better ride than my 08 was although the 08 was a good GenII bike.

Here's what I have installed so far in regard to accessories:

-Motivation Sliders (personal choice due to simplicity, strength, and traditional looks)

-MC Enterprises Canyon Carver bag guards. Very pleased with the supplied spacers and replacement bolts.

-National Cycle V-Stream windshield (wow what a difference, it's about 3" taller and it's also wider) New nylon screws also supplied with the VStream...they look to be about 2mm longer than the stock screws.

-3-Way Hyper-Lites (on the rear). Man, I didn't know they made LEDs this bright!

-Reflective DOT tape for the back of the bags.

-Tech-Mount stem nut replacement GPS mount (will hold my Zumo 550)

-CREE LED auxiliary lights. Aluminum housing and some of the brightest I have ever seen (1,000 Lu each). You cannot look directly at them they are so bright, and the price is unbeatable. Super easy mounting solution to the top fender bolt with a longer M6 bolt from Tractor Supply and a spacer. Found them on Ebay after reading some info about them either here or on the owners forum...cant remember. They pull about 850 mA each...very light current draw. I think ultimately, these new bright, low power draw LED lamps (designed as headlights) may push halogen and HID headlights out of the market.

-Replaced stock air filter with my favorite...a K&N air filter.

And remaining to install....

-New WOLO horns to replace the pitiful excuse for a horn that comes stock. Only one horn on the '15, I had two pitiful horns come stock on the 08.

-Carbon fiber fender extender (front)

-Figure out where my Valentine One will go. I have the remote head, so looking for a place maybe in side one of the side farings.

-Pieces of helicopter tape (already have a roll from my last FJR) here and there to prevent chafing and damage to the finish.

-Headlight guards from Cee Bailey at some point.

I have thought about bar risers, but so far the riding position for me (5'10") seems comfortable. Time will tell.

So, what have I missed?

Last edited by a moderator:
BigFoot for the sidestand....
https://www.fjrforum.com/forum//index.php/topic/125329-wynpro-big-foot/

Inexpensive addition, but worth every penny.....

Maybe Grip covers - I don't care for the pencil sticks myself..... add to the thickness and also a bit more comfort...

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003PDUHF2/ref=pd_lpo_sbs_dp_ss_3?pf_rd_p=1944687442&pf_rd_s=lpo-top-stripe-1&pf_rd_t=201&pf_rd_i=B008FD6DXW&pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_r=1MAWJD1P69QJA59ZMYY6
Those grips suck if you get caught in the rain.

I recommend trying beemer buddies.

https://originalbeemerbuddies.com

My gloves which are waterproof have no problems with them in 10+ years.. To each their own... I get what your saying if it was bare handed...

On another note...

Joe, make sure you look into the PIA Sports horns upgrade... Huge difference in output

I have removed the stock pitiful excuse for a horn and installed two WOLO horns, high and low tone. Hung one where the stock horn went, hung the other on the opposite side using an existing M6 threaded hole once I removed a small hex screw holding the radiator screen. These horns pull 4.5 amps each, so decided to go through a relay. They sound good and loud now. I will post some pics later.

OK, I went with black Pazzo levers with a silver adjustment lever. Used the stock brass bushing in the Pazzos..all good. I really like the new levers because they are a really significant "better" feel than the stockers.

I installed a big foot on the side stand. Thanks for that suggestion. Hate parking in soft areas without something to keep the side stand from sinking.

Got the Beemer Buddy grip wraps. Really like the feel.

Installed the one pound bar end weights from HVMP. Truthfully, my right hand still gets numb from the high-freq vibrations. Thank God for the cruise control so I can let the hand relax a bit.

Sending the stock seat off to Seth Lamb next week. I am really pumped about that.

Performed the 600 mile service a while back. Switched to my favorite family of lubricants from Amsoil and went with a K&N oil filter.

Added the SW-Motec mirror wideners....now I can see clearly using the stock mirrors without seeing much of me in the picture. These were mounted between the base of the stock mirrors and the faring using new, longer supplied hardware.

Added a carbon fiber front rear fender extender (attached with waterproof adhesive). Removed the front fender to allow proper clamping pressure for overnight curing of the adhesive.

The Zumo 550 is working well on the stem nut mount.

Added a set of 1" risers from Slingshot Racing. Glad to get rid of those darn cable looms in the process.

Now I am riding the bike with the seat in the high position to experiment with less knee bend. So far so good.

Also added the Gerauld highway pegs. My gosh what a worthy aftermarket farkle. I recommend this for anyone that rides an Feejer.

On my to-get list is Gerauld's "stiffy" kit and his nice luggage rack. Not real interested in the back rest since wife does not ride.

That's about it for now.

Sounds like you're well on your way to farkle-dom LCJoe! I'm in the process of stripping my '09 now and oh my goodness...there's a lot of good stuff that accumulated over the years!

--G

I'm pretty sure at this point - about the only thing your missing is some

FREAKIN UPDATED PICS MAN !!! Get on that !!

So I go out and take a ton of photos of my farkles with the Nikon. Upload them to my google photo albums. Then I start a post where I add these pictures (the link to them) as part of the post. I do a quick preview and the pic is in the post but I get a message at the top of the page that pictures of this format cannot be uploaded to this community (or something like that). As far as I know they are just my .jpg images at the full resolution.

If an admin can help me with a solution I would appreciate it. Posting pics is a straightforward process, so I thought.