Schuberth C3 Pro VS Shoei Neotec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Another Neotec/Sena 20s user here. Love the setup of both but yes Neotec is a little noisier than some other brands. I use earbuds so wind noise is not an issue for me.

On a side note to BigOgre, yes, rain is not a friend to the 20S and can knock out your buds or speakers on occasion until it dries out. Sena has had multiple complaints about it and the reps will claim that it's water resistant but not waterproof. My belief is that moisture gets in right under the jog dial but that is a debate for another thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Very timely thread as I was just considering these helmets! I appreciate the real world comments and am always suspicious of those on a vendor website. Looks like the Shoei is the winner and a bit cheaper too. Wondering about size since I come in between the small and medium. The sizing chart says small ends at 22" and medium starts at 22 1/2" I measure 22 1/4"<br />I was leaning toward the small but advised through chat on Jake Wilson to go with the medium. I know that I can exchange it once free of charge but I hesitate since it is a big purchase. Wish I could try one on first.

Do you travel?

When I was trying to find boots that fit my "size 13" feet, I looked up gear stores everywhere I went. I traveled quite a bit back then, so I was in stores everywhere in the SouthEast.

For something like this, I would like to try it on first..

I tried on helmets at the bike dealer and I thought the XL felt a litte snug, but on rocky mountain web sight shoei's size chart said 23 1/4 - 23 5/8 for a large which i measured my head and its a 23 even. I'm wondering how much it may loosen up after its broke in.

And the Neo has replaceable liners and cheek pad so you can go bigger or smaller in the same helmet shell.
Great point Niehart! Mine was too tight but you want snug vs. sloppy in any helmet. I waited and rode for about a month to break it in and see if it felt more comfortable. It was still a little too snug so I bought the next size down in cheek pads & now fits like a glove.

And the Neo has replaceable liners and cheek pad so you can go bigger or smaller in the same helmet shell.
Great point Niehart! Mine was too tight but want snug vs. sloppy in any helmet. I waited and rode for about a month to break it in and see if it felt more comfortable. It was still a little too snug so I bought the next size down in cheek pads & now fits like a glove.
I did the same exact thing with mine. The original cheek pads were way too big--next size down were perfect.

Wife and I went to our local bike shop and tried on the Neotec again, L for her and XL for me. I actually tried on a large and she tried on a medium to see if it was a posibility and they were way to small. getting ready to push the purchase button.

Great point Niehart! Mine was too tight but you want snug vs. sloppy in any helmet. I waited and rode for about a month to break it in and see if it felt more comfortable. It was still a little too snug so I bought the next size down in cheek pads & now fits like a glove.
I did this with Dad's helmet. Thanks for reminding me of this little feature, I had forgotten to mention it. He and I both wear a medium but his cheeks are fatter.
smile.png

Searched like a Mofo but can't find anything to tell me how to pop out the front vent, I know it can be done because they sell replacements.

Does anyone have the secret decoder ring?

I'd come unglued if my comms went down due to rain. I've only been in one full monsoon with my rather recently installed B5. So far so good.

Purchased neotec's for the wife and I yesterday afternoon. looks like they will ship on monday and be here on the 8th. That will put a dent in the fun account,lol. review to come after july.

I bought a Schuberth c3 pro, about 6 months ago, specifically for use when riding the blood bike,( easier to converse with hospital staff, and saves having to remove your helmet every time)

This is the worst helmet I have ever bought, and I am in dispute with the uk importer, regarding leaks when riding in the rain.

It has been back for repair under warranty, new face sheild and seal and it still leaks, so it;s back with them again.

I have never owned anything other than Arai, and thought that purchasing Schuberth would be a safe bet, how wrong was I.

I should have maybe given Shoei a go, it could have not been any worse.

So my advise is spend your money else where and not with Schuberth.

Neotec/Sena 10u wearer here. I really like some of the design features of the Schuberth but it didn't fit my head. Have been very happy with the Neotec and enjoying finally having a modular helmet. And the 10u works terrific with this helmet. I'm finding the Neotec a bit stuffy in the warmer weather even with the chin vent open. But the vent up on the top works very well. And once the cheek pads broke in this helmet is very comfortable now. And much quieter than I expected.

Both are good helmets so it comes down to how well each fits your head and lifestyle. I am looking at the Shark line myself, waiting for the evo one as it looks like a great helmet for my style, if it fits well, lol.

OK ,Just got back from NAFO and after 3800 miles. I feel like I have The Neotech somewhat broke in.. At first it seemed a little snug but it feels way better after some long miles. Over all I really like the way it fits and the areo dynamics. I may need to purchase the cheek pads as it feels like they are still a little to tight. I'll give it some more time and see if they loosen up by this fall. ( or drop twenty lbs..) Sena 20s work just fine in this helmet. I love the sun visor feature. It is so nice being able to lower the sun visor to what ever level is really needed. I have even learned how to put it on and take it off with out removing my glasses. Glad I went with the Neotech. No rain test yet but that will come soon enough..