Schuberth C3 Pro VS Shoei Neotec

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Really enjoying the Neotec so far! Right out of the box it fit like a glove and is super comfortable. So far I have ridden almost 1000 miles with it and aside from it being a bit warm it seems great. I must confess though that I came from a cruiser and since I bought my FJR about 3 yrs. ago I had been wearing my old cruiser helmet, a half helmet, so going to a full face felt weird at first. I am getting used to it however and like that I can easily flip it up when stopped in traffic or slowing to park. The sun shade is really nice but not quite dark enough when riding directly into the sun, but neither were the sunglasses which I used to wear. Being summer here and it has been fairly hot for NH I feel much warmer than with the old half helmet. Seems to be very quiet too, when I raise the windshield to the right height.

You guys have been a good influence on me since I had never heard of ATGATT before coming here. Hey I do live in NH, "Live Free or Die" and all, where most people don't wear helmets at all and 95% are Harley riders. I went a few years not wearing one and a few good friends started giving me a hard time about it so I put it back on. I have never ridden the FJR without one. Little by little I am getting better quality gear and think that this helmet will last five years.

BTW, I purchased from Jake Wilson and when I got the medium and it seemed too big when doing all the recommended fitment tests I called them and they suggested I get the small and just return the one I don't want. Their customer service was excellent and when the small fit well I called and they e-mailed me a return shipping label for Fed Ex. Super easy and now I just wait to see the credit on my card arrive. Also I earned more Wilson $ and will get money off on my next set of tires!

My cheek pads took quite a while to get comfortable, but once they did, they are great. Helmet is snug but very comfortable..

UPDATE: I have noticed my, Shoei Neotec Modular Motorcycle Helmet X-Large, cheek pads (35mm) have loosened up, but the jury is stilll out if I'll order the 31mm pads. At this point the cheek pads push on my relaxed face and me feel like i'm puckering up for a kiss. This is not uncomfortable to the point I even notice all the time. 5000 plus miles with this helmet and I'm very happy with this helmet. Thanks to all.