SE Ohio Spring Ramble - 3-5 May 2013 - Marietta, Ohio Microtel Inn

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
North of Wildson isn't such a big loss, 800 runs parallel to it up to Barnesville. I really gotta visit that place!

Got the bikes out last Sunday, tomorrow is maintenance day along with a bit of riding. Jim's bike goes in on Monday for a fresh back tire and ECU reflash.

We've reserved a room in St. Catherines for Thursday night so we are going to cut out of work Thurs. just after lunch. This gives us extra time to install his Givi top box at Premier Cycle and personally thank Wayne for all he's done for the FJR community over the years, again.

Got my fingers, toes, eyes and balls crossed for good weather.

I am sorry to say that I will not make the ride. I look forward to seeing you all next round...maybe we can do it again in the Fall.

Working on Sat and my Grand Daughters First Communion on Sunday.

Work I maybe could blow off but never little Maddie....she has a big spot in my heart.

Steve

Tell Duane I said hey and thanks as well.

We've reserved a room in St. Catherines for Thursday night so we are going to cut out of work Thurs. just after lunch. This gives us extra time to install his Givi top box at Premier Cycle and personally thank Duane for all he's done for the FJR community over the years, again.
Got my fingers, toes, eyes and balls crossed for good weather.

Well...an unexpected hiccup may keep me away from the Ramble. I had to remove a frame member connection to remove the aftermarket shock in January. I am having great difficulty getting the frame connection holes lined up so I can thread the connectors back on. The member requires tension to hold it in place and the aluminum threads in the frame are very soft, so I need to be careful not to cross thread....blah, blah, blah.

This dumbsheet mechanic may not have his bike together in time. I am splitting a room with petey...so he may need a roomey if I can't get it together in time. Wish me luck tomorrow...

Well...an unexpected hiccup may keep me away from the Ramble. I had to remove a frame member connection to remove the aftermarket shock in January. I am having great difficulty getting the frame connection holes lined up so I can thread the connectors back on. The member requires tension to hold it in place and the aluminum threads in the frame are very soft, so I need to be careful not to cross thread....blah, blah, blah.
This dumbsheet mechanic may not have his bike together in time. I am splitting a room with petey...so he may need a roomey if I can't get it together in time. Wish me luck tomorrow...
I have to be in Lisle at 3pm, but I'll probably be free after 4pm, if you want some help. Let me know.

I have to be in Lisle at 3pm, but I'll probably be free after 4pm, if you want some help. Let me know.
Give me a call after your Lisle engagement...I may need it.

Mark - I've got a spare frame if you need it...

West and East loop maps have been posted for download here. Follow the directions to download them. Use at your own risk disclaimer included, and special thanks to 0Face for pitching in.

Give me a call after your Lisle engagement...I may need it.
If I take over Wheatie's reservation, some one out there looking for a roomie?...... Would like to know ASAP...Thanks, petey

Man, I hate when that happens! But Hey!!!!! If you get a free weekend this summer and you give us a heads up, some of us who live near here will meet up with you and anyone who comes with you and we'll "Blast Around" together. And just one more little thing. Just between you and me, and be honest man, was your not being able to fix the bike any way related to the chances of you winning the parking lot races? If you would like we will send you one of the HD mugs for your office desk......Just Sayin!!!!! Dastardly Dave