Volcano Ride II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great Day. Got there late, most of you were coming down as a Canuck [st1300] and I [blue 06] were going up. Hopefully will get a chance to hook up with everyone another time.

Niehart [Dave B]

Whew, what a ride. Sorry I couldn't meet up with more of you. Had to attend to my riding buddy. He did a pretty nasty highside on that one curve. Bike's not too bad, but he ended up with a broken clavicle & fractured tibia plateau. Wet ride home from the hospital.

Jim

Hi Jim,

Glad he will be Okay, on the plus side you made a new friend (Mr Officer). My wife is thinking about learning how to ride (a little to late to be of help)

Dennis

It was a great day for a ride to Windy Ridge. Here's a few photos

IMG_0358.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

IMG_0357.jpg

IMG_0359.jpg

Jim, we are sorry about your buddy and we hope that he will recover quickly. And Ken it was nice to finally get to meet the guy who originally "called" the Volcano Ride. We relate to the idea of an organization like the OBS so much that we decided to form one for western Washington state riders. We are now the WWST (WesternWashingtonScooterTrash).

Thanks to Snowmonkey for the Ride Call. :clapping: About 14 showed up, making it a success. There were a lot of interested VFR owners there too, mostly looking for a fun ride that was more comfortable. Part of the group showed up late as there was a motorcycle accident down the road about 3 miles. A Harley rider missed a corner. An ambulance happened by and stopped traffic for a while. 3 or 4 riders were waiting to leave and 6 were trying to get up to Windy Ridge. All in all it was a nice day for riding, which is the main reason you do this event. :yahoo: :yahoo: Here are some more pictures.

SnowMonkey.jpg

2007_FJR_VR-2-1.jpg

2007_FJR_VR-2-2.jpg

2007_FJR_VR-2-3.jpg

[SIZE=14pt]Until next time: B) [/SIZE]

DSCN1551_crop_reg.jpg

GREAT RIDE! Thanks again to Snow Monkey and wife for letting me and my 2 buddies follow him up the hill! Can't wait for next year's ride, although next year I may be on a Connie 14. We'll see, the FJR is one damn fine ride. My buddy with the 05 VTX1800 is now looking at getting an FJR.

Finally home safe and sound, two days and 715 miles. Saw a new Connie in Randle on the way out, it didn't sound half bad...Hmmm.

The rain was coming down in Puyallup on Saturday, passed Dennis and his SO as they finally thought it was time for rain gear. Today got swamped again coming through Monroe and up over Stevens. Temperature was a balmy 46 degrees over the top. All in all, not a bad weekend. No pics...left the camera laying on the kitchen table.

See y'all next year if not sooner.

--G

Great day for a ride. Thanks Snowmonkey.

Here are some additional photos:

The stairs to the view point

18-AUG-2007-%20013w.jpg

18-AUG-2007-%20011w.jpg

The view from the top

18-AUG-2007-%20005w.jpg

Spirit Lake

18-AUG-2007-%20007w.jpg

18-AUG-2007-%20009w.jpg

Thanks to Snowmonkey for calling the ride. It was great to put a few faces with names. Glad to hear the Harley rider isn't hurt too badly. Fortunately the only rain I saw was between Orting and Auburn.

Hopefully next year it will be a sunny and warm day. :yahoo:

You guys are making me insanely jealous with the pics... I really, really wanted to go on this ride. I suppose the good news is that I got the response out to the last minute bid request that came in on Friday (now whether we get the business or not is another story..!). Sure wish I could have been there!

Would anyone be up for an organized early fall ride through Oregon (Hood River to Bend?) in late September..? Say the weekend of 22nd/23rd? Thoughts?

Marty

Hey, "G"

We stopped so the SO could stretch her legs and it was starting to sprinkle so I was thinking it was time and then the Sky opened up and the road was awash.... Good thing we stopped or she would have gotten soaked and that would ahve been the last ride with me.... That was a fun ride and it was a good test for the SO. Now she is going to let me make a few mod's so she can be more comfortable. (hmm don't want her to fall asleep)..

See ya guys next time and thanks Snowmonkey!!

You guys are making me insanely jealous with the pics... I really, really wanted to go on this ride. I suppose the good news is that I got the response out to the last minute bid request that came in on Friday (now whether we get the business or not is another story..!). Sure wish I could have been there!
Would anyone be up for an organized early fall ride through Oregon (Hood River to Bend?) in late September..? Say the weekend of 22nd/23rd? Thoughts?

Marty
That might fit my schedule. Keep me posted.

Sorry I couldn't make this one. I had a family issue that need immediate attention. In a few months I have 3 less family issues so future rides will only be at risk to the work schedule.

It looks like I missed a really great time.
aerger.gif