Volcano Ride II

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Schedule has become cleared, I will be there. Does anyone want to meet me and an ST1300 friend of mine @ the Shari's on Airport Way, Portland, Sat. morning, for breakfast?

Bill

Shari's @ 7AM sounds about right. Takes about an hour to get to Carson from there. By then I'll have to get rid of the coffee.

Bill

Shari's @ 7AM sounds about right. Takes about an hour to get to Carson from there. By then I'll have to get rid of the coffee.
Bill
I'd be pleased to meet you Bill and your friend on the ST, along with seeing Ralph again as we linked up at Shari's the morning of the original Volcano ride. That's 4 so far for breakfast at 7AM. Thanks,

Dave

27Man

Schedule has become cleared, I will be there. Does anyone want to meet me and an ST1300 friend of mine @ the Shari's on Airport Way, Portland, Sat. morning, for breakfast?
Bill
I might show up for breakfast. May be on my Virago as I haven't had a chance to look at the FJR as it is at Action in Gresham being looked at. Have to order parts and etc. May be a month or so before it is fixed. May also bring a couple friends. :fans:

Would anyone be deeply offended if they were joined by an FNG & his SO..? We'd love to do the ride if nobody would mind us tagging along. We live in Tualatin and would enjoy riding up with anyone that's down on this end of town. Let me know...!

Marty

MLC..... Marty

I will be riding from Tigard on the 18th, just not positive it will be the Volcano Ride. Did 90% of that a few weeks ago and might have a look at the Klickitat area roads a little further East and north of Hwy 14. Will let you know in a few days.

Ralph

Bill
I'd be pleased to meet you Bill and your friend on the ST, along with seeing Ralph again as we linked up at Shari's the morning of the original Volcano ride. That's 4 so far for breakfast at 7AM. Thanks,

Dave

27Man
The wife and I would like to join you fine folks for breakfast if that's OK. I know that Shari's well. We'll see you all at 7:00 AM. We'll be the couple looking dazed and confused riding an '07 13A. (As an aside, we're really looking forward to the ride. It'll be the first opportunity to really see what this bike's all about. I'm only putting about 30-40 miles/day on it now riding around the Stafford/Wilsonville/Newberg area as rec time's been a bit scarce this past week.)

Looking forward to meeting you all!

Marty

The planetary hours from sunrise Saturday to noon, where the sunrise on Saturday is at 06:14AM and sunset is at 08:14 PM are:

Planetary

Hour Time

Saturn 6:14 to 7:24

Jupiter 7:24 to 8:34

Mars 8:34 to 9:44

Sun 9:44 to 10:54

Venus 10:54 to 12:04

Saturn Hours: Discipline and patience; giving up bad habits; overcoming obstacles; success with difficult tasks or difficult people; projects of long duration – breaking ground, laying foundations; planting perennials; treating chronic illness; making repairs; seeking favors from older people (not relatives) or difficult people. Bad to start trips or travel.

Jupiter Hours: Wisdom, optimism; money (borrowing / lending/ investing / earning / winning); activities necessitating enthusiasm; buying lottery tickets; seeking advice / consultation; settling disputes; seeking favors from grandparents, aunts and uncles, advisers (doctors, lawyers, accountants, astrologers). Good for starting trips and travel and having fun.

Forty years of observing these times and the consequences of starting any ride or tip during a Saturn Hour has proved out to be no good, while all trips and rides started during a Jupiter hour have proved to be very successful. (no cops, etc.)

My recomendation is to leave the house before 6:14 or after 7:24. and I therefore will meet you folks at Shari's after I eat breakfast at home and leave the house after 7:30. Humor me, leave 15-20 min. early. Thanks.

I will bring the Estimate for parts on my bike that I received from University Motors in Fargo, ND. Very nice folks there.

Last edited by a moderator:
Enjoy your ride, I will be unable to make it. We're heading to the beach this weekend for an end of summer hangout. I have surgery scheduled 8/29 and my daughter starts school in a few weeks.

Pigster

Anyone from Oregon interested in bringing me up a couple fifths of Everclear for my buddy that makes homemade Kahlua??!! :yahoo:

Looks like there's some asphalt patching going on on forest road 25 between milepost 8 & 40, but I'll be heading down with a cruiser buddy to meet up at Windy Ridge. Probably continue down through Couger and over to the slab to get home. Wanted to do 90 over to 23, but it looks like a section closed due to last winter storm damage.

Jim

Bill
Change of schedule....I'm still doing the ride but leaving later and bringing a couple of friends on other bikes with so I will not be making breakfast at Sharis....see you up there around noonish.

27Man,

Dave

Well, life (spelled w-o-r-k) does get in the way of the pursuit of happiness sometimes... <sigh>. I'll have to catch-up with you folks on the next trip!

Marty