What does your FJR look like loaded for a trip?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Last year on a 4,000 mile trip Out West we took these shots:

The bag is a Nelson Rigg which unfortunately is no longer in production. We simply made sure we found hotels with a coin operated laundry, that way we could wash clothes every 3 days or so. Using the LDComfort undies allowed us to wash that out every night and therefore carry fewer garments. Every year we go further but pack lighter.

I believe in a minimalist approach, though I have added a small tank bag to this set up for convenience. I also don't do camping, so that helps with my philosophical approach to less is better. :)

readytoroll.jpg

Leaving tomorrow on a 8 day camping trip to southern Utah. Since we are going to spend 3 nights at one camp ground I'm taking our big Nomad (Redverz) tent.

IMG_1274_zpsc581efd5.jpg

This is a great thread -- really enjoyed seeing all the packed-up FJRs. Getting ready to take my first 1,000 mile + trip on the FJR this weekend, and I'm suffering from a lack of good bungie points. I love the nice, tight bodywork, but how about a handful of good hook spots? Any advice?

This is a great thread -- really enjoyed seeing all the packed-up FJRs. Getting ready to take my first 1,000 mile + trip on the FJR this weekend, and I'm suffering from a lack of good bungie points. I love the nice, tight bodywork, but how about a handful of good hook spots? Any advice?
Bungee Buddies >>
228_part.JPG

i have (2) on the side panels, and (2) by the license plate holder on rear fender

biloxi_beach.jpg

Last edited by a moderator: