Witnesses for 50 CC April 10-12?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
wheatonFJR posted: You gonna have an IBA member witness your Pacific coast splashdown, or are ya just gonna have to flag down a policeman in the middle of the night.
wink.png
griff has everything well in hand. (Thank goodness!)

Wow! 700 miles or so in 9.5 hours. Keep that up and they'll do this thing in about 32? This looks like so much fun. Stay safe guys!

So it looks like if they stay on I10, the halfway mark will be Junction, Tx, 1185 miles or so from the start point.

iirc, there's a large stretch between San Antonio and El Paso that is posted at 80 mph for I10, everything else is posted 75 mph all the way to Kali

Last edited by a moderator:
I was just marveling at their progress so far. Just coming into Texas as I post this. Hopefully, the ugly weather here in the SW will clear out of their way by the time the get to El Paso.

Good thing they did this on Sunday, if they'd tried it on a week day at this time, they prolly would've had one all the way through Houston.

So this SpotWalla thing is pretty cool! Didn't know it existed until today, guess some of us live a sheltered life.

With this IBA thing, can the challenges be nested inside of each other? for instance, with pace they are making, it looks like they'll make a Saddlesore1000 and ButtBurner1500 inside of 24 hours along with the CC50 prolly inside of 36 hours?

IIRC, they can be nested, but you need to have documentation, applications, and I suspect application fees for each certificate you're wanting to get. Common sense dictates an SS and BB is covered in a 50cc, most likely in gold, so why get the lesser certs?

IIRC, they can be nested, but you need to have documentation, applications, and I suspect application fees for each certificate you're wanting to get. Common sense dictates an SS and BB is covered in a 50cc, most likely in gold, so why get the lesser certs?
A SS1k will be achieved inside the ride along with other lesser rides. To claim these is considered "Cert. Whore" But rides such as a BBG is an

achievement and could/should be claimed. Although rides inside the same time frame as another ride cannot be counted for "Mile Eater" awards.

Halfway at Kerrville
smile.png
The traffic jam east of Houston sucked. Rained a bit between San Antonio and Kerrville, just enough to disguise forest rats if they decided to jump out, which they didn't. The longer mileage today. And sorry Tony, no BBG for us.

You can make the BB 1500 yes? Looks like the SS1000 got covered already! Nice.

Four guys and four FJRs tucked in for the night.

This ain't no cakewalk, folks. 1,100 miles today and 1,200 miles tomorrow, with both arrivals at least 4 hours after dark. What was I thinking?

(That I'd get a 50CC and BunBurner, which adds to my SaddleSore and maybe gets me a Mile Eater. That's what I was thinking. Lots easier to think it than to do it.)

This ain't no cakewalk, folks. 1,100 miles today and 1,200 miles tomorrow, with both arrivals at least 4 hours after dark. What was I thinking?

(That I'd get a 50CC and BunBurner, which adds to my SaddleSore and maybe gets me a Mile Eater. That's what I was thinking. Lots easier to think it than to do it.)
Hang in there and be safe!

Joey.

Careful with that thinking. The Mile Eater rules are much more defined than applying for certs.

You can get certs for overlapping rides, but for the mile eater only one would count.

You guys ride safe and remember - you are in 80 mph country with only a few congested areas to navigate through.

Keep hydrated and you will be fine. Switching riding order can be a nice complacency solution.

San Diego night or early morning arrival avoids traffic. The approach is a fun stretch through the mts!