Witnesses for 50 CC April 10-12?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
laugh.png
You know Griff, he's always concentrated.

There should be time for a nice meal and an hour nap or so. Then blast to the coast.

What a hell of a day they had today. Very impressive riding to say the least. I can't get motivated to try any IBA stuff for myself now. One day, maybe. None the less, I'm watching this with interest. A 50CC in ANY vehicle is incredible. On a bike, all the more amazing.

Six hours plus or minus! The guys are looking good!
Thumb1.gif

From experience I can tell you it's a hell of a lot harder than it sounds!

Last edited by a moderator:
Gila Bend… To the NW of there you will see a "Town" called Hyder (From the Hyder2Hyder 2.4 ride)

Almost directly south of Gila Bend you will see a town called "Why" from the Why to Whynot IBA rides.

Spent some time there last May, I imagine the weather is better there now…

They have around 4 hours of riding until San Diego. I think they have around 9+ hours to do it in.

Looking good!

They'll be in San Diego soon
They're still in freakin Texas and it's afternoon Eastern time.
Texas is huge. Someone once told me if you leave Dallas and drive to San Diego, when you cross the Texas border, you are halfway there. I had to pull a map out and holy crap he was right.

Good stuff. I tried to figure out how to squeeze a 50cc into this years ride, but it's tough. The ride doesn't take long but rest before and after plus travel time...I'd really need to take a full week off of work to do it. Can't swing that this year I don't think.

Definitely looks like they got this. I see a few parts where it looks like someone forgot to restart their spot.
biggrin.png

Badass ride boys! Looks like they're still on schedule for a near midnight arrival depending on stops.

WELL DONE!
punk.gif

--G

They're at around hour 43 now right? Looks like just over an hour travel time to go for them. Well done guys!

Very well done guys! Just pulled up the SPOT at 11:23 and it looks like they're sitting at a Shell station 4 blocks from the ocean.

Congrats griff and Hud. Now get some rest and start heading back. You don't wanna have to do a 50cc to get back for a very important SC ride. :D

Awesome! Congratulations on a job well done and thanks for letting us tag along

As school started today, the biggest thing kids wanted to talk about was "did they make it"? And so I just pulled up the SPOT page and they are headed back??? For Serious?? Spend some time on the beach. Go ride the Mountains.

The SPOT never shows you making it to the actual beach, just the Gas Station a few blocks away.

I told one blonde girl that "They did not make it, so they have to go back and start over"

She said "Losers don't get trophies" That is something I always say to them....Haha. I nearly choked

I told her the truth.

Very Impressive