• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

Clearwater Lights Group Buy 2014 (Feb. 1st - Feb. 28th)

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Linc

Linc
Reaction score
clearwater14.jpg
Clearwater Lights Group Buy 2014
punk.gif
- Glenda - Krista - Darla - Erica -
punk.gif

======================================
>>>>>>>> - - - - 1/22/14 - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - UPDATE - 1/22/14 - - - - <<<<<<<<
Pricing info for 2014 Group Buy now added to light info below.
Hey Guys, so here it is... the group buy for all Clearwater lights is baaaack!
If you aren't familiar with Clearwater LEDs yet, click the banner link at the top of the page which will take you to their website. I'm not affiliated with them and I'm only setting this up for those interested in upgrading their lighting and looking to save a little with a forum discount. Before I get in trouble here I want to run through a few points:
  • Yes, CW lights are expensive!
  • I'm not here to step on anyones toes and I know there are already several group buys active for LED lights... please buy the lights you want and don't assume I'm here to take over the light market. There's plenty of room for several options and choices make a better shopping experience!
    Lkingsmiley.png
  • We are all on a budget to some degree, if lighting isn't the place you want to drop a few bennies that's totally fine!
Okay, disclaimer done and here's the deal; I'm posting this up as a 2-week early notice since we can place orders on February 1st until the group purchase ends on Feb. 28th. Just like last year, this group buy is good on the full line of Clearwater motorcycle lighting and we will once again need 10 orders to qualify. Also available are their LED flashlights, but those do not count towards the minimum of 10 orders needed for the group buy. Below are the light models & lumen output, note that all the ratings below are for ONE light only, a set of lights would have double the lumen output and double the wattage.

• Glenda 800 lumens, 12 watts (colored trim rings available at extra cost)
  • $305.00 (our price) Savings of $75

• Darla 2000 lumens, 20 watts (colored trim rings available at extra cost)
  • $425.00 (our price) Savings of $75

• Mirror Brackets: I know some members were interested in mounting Darlas under their mirrors instead of Kristas or Ericas. Glenn said that's no problem, they would work in that location. If you want the FJR specific mirror brackets he is dropping $25 off:
  • $ 50.00 (our price)

• Krista 2400 lumens, 36 watts
  • $549.00 (our price) includes FJR mirror brackets. Savings of $170

• Erica 6000 lumens, 60 watts
  • $749.00 (our price) includes FJR mirror brackets. Savings of $170

• Andie 1000 lumens, handheld rechargeable flashlight comparable in size to Streamlight and Surefire
  • $ 99.00 (our price) Includes charger and 2 rechargeable batteries. Savings of $20

------- Ordering process -------
So just like last year, please wait until February 1st to call Clearwater! Everyone last time was polite and really nice to Lorett, [SIZE=large]and if she's happy then we'll get another group buy in the future!
wink.png
Do NOT use their website to place orders for the lights on this Group Buy, make sure and follow these 3 steps:[/SIZE]​
  1. Give them a call at: 916-852-7029
  2. Contact for this group buy is: Lorett Kinnicutt
  3. Mention group buy code: FJR2014GB
Your credit card info will be taken down and once we have 10 orders in the pipeline the lights will start to ship out. There shouldn't be any backorders since all these are in stock at the moment, but ask when you order just to make sure. If you want any amber lenses or colored trim rings for the Glenda/Darla lights now is the time to order those!
kiss.gif
I think thats it for now, hope y'all have fun ordering and installing... you'll be ready for riding season when it finally arrives for all of us.
Thanks again and until the next update...
Abe in Michigan

Last edited by a moderator:
I too, need to replace my el-cheapo POS LED lights I've been running (in between fixing them), so would be interested in the Darlas. I just want the standard black rings and the Darla Fender Mount Kit (D13).

I would also be interested in the Amber Acrylic Lenses.

Count me in for a date with Krista! I've been drooling over these for awhile and this is my chance to pull the trigger on them. Thanks for setting this up.

My Kristas rock. Absolutely love them. I'm not lying, exaggerating, or bragging: THEY HAVE ABSOLUTELY PUT A STOP TO PEOPLE PULLING OUT IN FRONT OF ME DURING THE DAYTIME. FWIW, that was never a problem at night before, and it dead sure isn't now.
CIMG1390.jpg

My mounts came from Clearwater as well, Glenn threw it in as part of the deal... sweet. I mounted mine below so I could mount up my Baker air wings on top. Makes for a great combination. I also added the blue bezels. Gotta match up the color on my FJR, ya know...
IMG_0412.jpg

My handy dandy dimmer switch design:
CIMG1375.jpg

Just fold along the dotted lines...
CIMG1380.jpg

A little paint, and one longer screw and spacer from the hardware store... and screw it into the back of the FJR's switch housing:
CIMG1382.jpg

And all done. DIsclaimer: ignore that face in the mirror.
CIMG1383.jpg

Gary
darksider #44

Nice job Gary, I didn't know you could do sheet metal fab also.
specool.gif

Figured I would post my solution to mount my switch also.

100_1005_zps90626377.jpg

100_1008_zpse80d1119.jpg

Held on with 3M automotive adhesive. Don't mind the mess in the background.

Dave, why does even your brake reservoir cap have to be all machined and sexy... sigh. Machinists. ;) Just kidding you do a great job and I'm just jealous!

A set of Darlas are on my "to do" list before next season.

Hey - I live around 60 miles NE of TC.

I missed out on the group buy... NOT THIS TIME!!!

I'm in for a set of Kristas to replace my PIIA. (Yep, PIAA is singular, the other one kicked the bucket during my deer avoidance maneuver.)

Thanks!!

I'm gonna buy an Andie. Gonna put it on my M4 as the Streamlight I have in there is getting old.
The Andie would be a great replacement for your Streamlight, I have a 500 lumen Surefire weapon light that is blown out of the water by my Andie! Love the rechargeable battery instead of crazy expensive CR3 most lights use... but make sure to order a spare battery as mine only came with 1 in the box. :)

How much is a spare battery for the Andie? Anybody know?

Yer gonna love that Andie, Zilla. Perfect for finding those pesky lost Dunkin' donut holes that roll under the seat of the cruiser. And for lighting up them criminals when they try to outrun ya. Just remember the ones that can run fast... usually can't run far.

Gary

darksider #44

Damn those Erica's look interesting. But Holy Cow that's a lot of watts. Not sure if they would be the best application for an FJR.

Damn those Erica's look interesting. But Holy Cow that's a lot of watts. Not sure if they would be the best application for an FJR.
Not sure why they wouldn't be a good match to a Feejer, I've got them on my '06 and on high they are like 2 small nuclear explosions harnessed behind lenses... bright! Like any other Clearwater light, on low beam they have an output control for between 20-80%, never get flashed on 20% as its dimmer than you'd think.
If you're concerned about the wattage draw, haven't had any trouble but I don't have heated grips or gear. Maybe the few members still riding POS low watt output Gen1 bikes... oh geez, I just remembered that's you... :p

I am definitely interested in a set of Erica's. Never thought I'd say that after an ex named Erica! Anyways, also interested in the mounts below the mirrors. It is a lot of watts. I'm hoping all is good for use on my bike. I've got a 2010 w/ add on heated grips.

On a side note, how difficult are the clearwaters to install? I'm not sure I trust my local dealership to install..

I am definitely interested in a set of Erica's. Never thought I'd say that after an ex named Erica! Anyways, also interested in the mounts below the mirrors. It is a lot of watts. I'm hoping all is good for use on my bike. I've got a 2010 w/ add on heated grips.
My experience is with normal usage you'll be fine with the factory output of your alternator and charging system. I only use the Erica's on high when its a totally open road, otherwise I'm at 30% as a fill in for my low beams. I also LOVE the fact cars see you with these, althought that's the case for all the Clearwater lights. Not sure what your grips pull for wattage, I guess that would be a factor. I know I can run my Garmin, Valentine 1, and cellphone charger for hardly any wattage drain... it's the heated gear that sucks the juice.

Any questions, call Glenn at Clearwater and just ask! They are super great folks to work with and the owner has an FJR too, which is why the mirror brackets fit our bikes so well. ;) . He could give you more specifics on the wattage of Erica's and how they draw power at different output levels.