05 Won't Start after 2 Month Layoff

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jwhite518

Reaction score
Last time I rode it was the trip home from SLC after the Utah 1088. Then I parked it for two months while I dealt with a leaky final drive. Now the FD is repaired and I want to give 'er a test ride and she won't start! Fuel, check. Battery, check. It cranks but won't fire. I tried the wide open throttle til the battery ran down. Now it's back on the charger. What next?

Buy a Harley! :eek:

Charge battery, perhaps run some of the diagnostic routines (spark the plugs, prime the pump, etc?)

2 months? Really? :huh:

Check for a #19 fault code, if so cycle the ignition switch a few 50 times then give it a go.

The #19 remedy is on here somewhere. B)

Remember to give the starter a break after a long start operation. You don't want to burn that thing out and compound your problems. Just sayin'.

Remember to give the starter a break after a long start operation. You don't want to burn that thing out and compound your problems. Just sayin'.
Ok, so what I want to know is what putz has hijacked Odot's account and started posting sober, cohesive, reasonable, and intelligent thoughts and ideas. I mean, sumptin just ain't right with the world right now. :p

Ok, so what I want to know is what putz has hijacked Odot's account and started posting sober, cohesive, reasonable, and intelligent thoughts and ideas. I mean, sumptin just ain't right with the world right now. :p
The poor bastage "got the religion" I figger.

So Jerry, did you get it started?
No, dammit. Tried again today, 15 seconds WFO. That was good for about 3 tries and then the battery was gone. It's back on the charger. I eyeballed the sidestand switch, the plunger is working correctly. What next?

Sounds like you got a lemon there. :( I'd replace it. And coincidentally, I got one for sale. :rolleyes: All it needs is a transmission, and maybe a clutch, and a little puttin' together.... Give me a call. $2.5 grand and it's all yours.

Hg

Last edited by a moderator: