• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to FJRForum and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member or just click here to donate.

07 FJR 8k Miles with Traction dynamic/penske Shock

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
**** Update. Took the bike to have the exhaust fuel mixture/sniffer test done. The bike tuner said the bike is lean at idle which is by design to meet EPA standards. When you give it gas the mixtures goes to exactly where it should. This explains the discoloration because every couple of months I would let the bike idle for 15 min to charge the battery and let the engine run. Mystery solved!

DAMN!!!!! A couple of months ago I'd a been all over that. Shit, the 07 I picked up doesnt have any suspension work done. I paid a lil less and she only had 1500 miles but I damn sure woulda paid extra for the upgrades. Gonna make somebody happy thats fo sho.

Motoquest....are you going to reconnect the o2 sensor of did they say leave it alone? pm is being sent, would like to discuss.

mavrik

The O2 sensor was connected. The reason for the discoloring of the pipes is because I would let it sit and idle too long. During the times I wasn't riding I would crank it up and let it sit just to let the engine run and recharge the battery. I took the bike to a performance shop that tested the exhaust and it shows the bike is lean at idle but fine as soon as you give it gas. The guy there with 20 years of engine building experience said this is normal for bike manufactures to make idle lean so it mets emission standards.

Mavic is correct, a member is scheduled to come pick up the bike in a week and half. Thanks for everyone's interest!
Well shit, man!! Tell us who this lucky bastidge is...

So's we can congratulate him now, and castigate him if he doesn't follow through on the deal. ;)

1349478771[/url]' post='1005291']
1349477333[/url]' post='1005287']Mavic is correct, a member is scheduled to come pick up the bike in a week and half. Thanks for everyone's interest!

So's we can congratulate him now, and castigate him if he doesn't follow through on the deal. ;)
Me, me, me, me!!! :yahoo:

1349477333[/url]' post='1005287']Mavic is correct, a member is scheduled to come pick up the bike in a week and half. Thanks for everyone's interest!

Charlotte, NC to Calgary, AB. Now that should make for a nice ride home this time of year. :)

Charlotte, NC to Calgary, AB. Now that should make for a nice ride home this time of year. :)
Oh, I found your thread for your ride North and see you are not taking it all the way home this trip. Just across the border to stash it in Ontario. I hope you enjoyed that upgraded suspension on US-19 in West Virginia. It is not as nice as US-219 but it ain't bad and you did get to see the New River Gorge.

Ok, I have come to terms with the fact it is late in the riding season. Lowering the price to $7200. If I can't sell it for this price I will probably just keep it.

BTW does anyone know how to change the original post or title?
Man that is a nice price for all the extra goodies! I paid just under that for a bone-stock '08.

The new owner, Jeff aka FJRGuy, already has ridden this bike to Canada. Here is a Spotwalla clicky of his ride taking it North of the border. Just be sure to adjust the History to All.

He certainly got a sweet deal. I wish I could have bought it.

Latest posts