135 lb. female on an FJR?

Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum

Help Support Yamaha FJR Motorcycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If your looking for her to ride your FJR on a trip, be sure to do some practicing with the bike the all loaded up. My FJR is a totally different animal all geared up for a trip than just cruisin round town. Picking it up off of center stand with a lot of gusto can take it over too far real quick. Had that little scare myself before heading out for NAFO this summer. Got lucky and saved it, but the whole event surprised me cause I have rode it all loaded up many times. Guess I was a bit excited and used a bit too much boobie power! ;)

Anyways, she's a Minnesota chick. She'll rock it! :D

Last edited by a moderator:
My daughter who is now 26 was riding a GPZ 550 when she was 16, and a trip to deals gap, when she was 17 a trip to the Blue Ridge Parkway on a Bandit 1200 that was substantially modified and that same year with confidence a Kawasaki Concours. She had the advantage of being 5' 11" but still very young. Your daughter has miles under her belt on the GS750 so in the end she will be the best judge. Maturity has little to do with age and it sounds as if your daughter has the experience to make the right decision.

Good luck on that next summer holiday.

Neville

Oldryder, what are you doing here isn't the drama on MNSBR enough for you??

Should check out the midwest section having a get together...

Scooby

You may want to look at the group buy Renegade is putting together in the "accessories" forum. $300 for a set of front AND rear crashbars--be a lot less expensive than bags and tupperware replacement if and when.....just a thought :rolleyes:

Got my 1st ride of the season. Had dealer install 7/8" Kouba links and lower the front approx. 1/2" during the winter when he was also mounting new rubber.

So far I really like it. no negatives at all and I definitely like the lower stance (my inseam is 30"). Haven't let the daughter ride it yet, still refreshing her skills on the GS750.

Thx. to all that provided comments and suggestions when I was researching this.

Got my 1st ride of the season. Had dealer install 7/8" Kouba links and lower the front approx. 1/2" during the winter when he was also mounting new rubber.
So far I really like it. no negatives at all and I definitely like the lower stance (my inseam is 30"). Haven't let the daughter ride it yet, still refreshing her skills on the GS750.

Thx. to all that provided comments and suggestions when I was researching this.

Nothing personal, but I would say it has more to do with your daughters looks than skills. Only the finest, most attractive daughters should be allowed to ride an FJR.

You are her father, so to you all your daughters are FJR worthy! However, your judgement may be biased do to your love for your daughters. :spruce_up:

You may see her as very beautiful. BUT, You may be seeing her through "Rose colored Glasses" --
untitlfb.jpg

We really don't know what she looks like.
danica06.jpg

HPIM02062.jpg

Maybe, just to be safe, we should see a photo of your daughter.

You can trust all memebers here to be fair in their judgement! :grin:

CK

here you go. it's kind of an old pic.
AmandaBaby.jpg
Yes sir! She will do just fine on an FJR.

And as for the comment on being too small for an FJR, I would christen her a "Female Jr. Rider!"

That's FJR enough for me.

If she was that cute a while ago. I can see why your afraid to show us a current photo.

As I said in my first post. "You can trust all memebers here to be fair in their judgement!" BUT that is all you can trust them to do.

With a daughter like that. I would "Trust No Young Man".

Happy riding to you and your daughter!

CK

the GS750 has a 850 bore kit...
Any chance it's a red 77 with an 850 kit from a GS850?

If so, I probably know the original owner.
+++++++++++++++++++++

Nope. It's a blue one I bought cheap cuz it had a bad cylinder (100 psi.). I put a stock compression aftermarket bore kit in it and 850 cams.

turned out OK but its not as lively as I was expecting mostly because I'm spoiled by the newer bikes I ride (FJR, ZRX, TLR) that are all some much better motorcycles.

The GS makes a nice intermediate step between the Ninja 250 she learned on and my newer bikes.

Nope. It's a blue one I bought cheap cuz it had a bad cylinder (100 psi.). I put a stock compression aftermarket bore kit in it and 850 cams.
turned out OK but its not as lively as I was expecting mostly because I'm spoiled by the newer bikes I ride (FJR, ZRX, TLR) that are all some much better motorcycles.

The GS makes a nice intermediate step between the Ninja 250 she learned on and my newer bikes.
My second bike was a red GS750. In 78 I raced it here in Colorado. Later I bored it and put the pistons from a GS850 in it, and some other stuff. When I was done I could run with my friend's GS1000 but I was still a bit slower on the straights.

That said, it probably put out only around 70+ hp, not all that much compared to a modern bike.

It's a good choice for your daughter to have learned a big bike ride on.

Have fun.